NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-05-2010, 05:15 AM
D@vid Fel@

Default Advice and Help Needed

I post mainly on the pre-war board but have a memorabilia related issue that I was hoping to get members feedback on.

I had plans to take my niece and nephew to a Yankees game this week. Since this was their first ever Yankees game I called up Steiner and asked to purchase the lineup card for the game. The lineup card was available and Steiner pre-sold the lineup card to me. I received the email confirmation and my credit card was immediately charge. The email states all sales final, no refunds or exchanges. Well the game happened to be yesterday, the game Arod hits #600. I now feel that Steiner will not follow through on the sale. I tried to contact them yesterday afternoon and was told they needed to call me right back. The call never came.

My question for the legal eagles and board members is what exactly are my rights? When they charged my credit card is that equivalent to a contract that they must now fulfill? Is Steiner now allowed to say "hey something cool happened so we are not going to give you the lineup card" "or now you have to pay more money for it.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Scott

Im not a legal eagle, but hope you get the lineup card. They may wrangle around, and try and give you another game, and maybe some other item(s) to make up the difference. IMO, unless Steiner had a disclaimer saying that the price is subject to change, due to circumstance, or w/e, then you should get the A Rod Lineup card for what they charged you, especially w the all sales final deal. Let us know how you make out, good luck!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Dave

Cool deal. I hope you get your card.

I assume it's possible somebody in the clubhouse could have hijacked the card after the fact because of the magnitude of the event and not caring what sort of deal Steiner had in place with the Yankees.

I would think A-Rod himself, or maybe even Girardi would get first crack at something like this.

It does seem odd Steiner would charge your credit card for something like that before they even had it in hand. If anything they should have just authorized the charge.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Default Lineup card

wouldn't surprise me if you do get it. I know that back in 1998 Tony LaRussa would keep more than one card so he could sell them for his charity. I think on Ripkens 2131 game there were more than one floating around.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Jim D

Heck of a first game btw

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!