NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-29-2016, 10:05 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
What happened a few years ago? Be very spevific about all the details because if you dont, I will (and I still have the PMs to back it up). Go ahead, tell exactly what happened.
Your whole purpose in life, as anyone can see by reading any thread you're involved in, is just to be an a-hole to everybody. It's hilarious!!! I mean the rest of us get in arguments or disagreements here and there, because we're normal human beings, but you?? 100% snarky anger 100% of the time.

Oh, and it involves you being a fucking tough guy, d-bag. Complaining and carping because in your dumba** mind I was posting too much for a new guy. And you obviously thought I would be 'frightened' of you. So I specifically asked you where you live so maybe we could have a little meet up. Because if you were anywhere near me on the east coast, anywhere, I would've been happy to meet up with you and see how tough you really are. But, alas, you were in Texas. And I believe you sent me a pic of your license but said something to the effect of, I'm moving so I won't be living there very soon. Aw, you saved the PM's. How cute.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 04-30-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:11 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Your whole purpose in life, as anyone can see by reading any thread you're involved in, is just to be an asshole to everybody. It's hilarious!!! I mean the rest of us get in arguments or disagreements here and there, because we're normal human beings, but you?? 100% snarky anger 100% of the time.

Oh, and it involves you being a fucking tough guy, douchebag. Complaining and carping because in your dumbass mind I was posting too much for a new guy. And you obviously thought I would be 'frightened' of you. So I specifically asked you where you live so maybe we could have a little meet up. Because if you were anywhere near me on the east coast, anywhere, I would've been happy to meet up with you and see how tough you really are. But, alas, you were in Texas. And I believe you sent me a pic of your license but said something to the effect of, I'm moving so I won't be living there very soon. Aw, you saved the PM's. How cute.
Your close, but a little bit off. First of all, you're the one that started with the name calling in this thread. Your foul mouth has got you banned from here before, I am sure it will again. As far as what happened a couple years ago, I told you I would be willing to fly out to wherever you are and meet up on my dime. Its still a standing offer. I sent you the copy of my drivers license to show you how serious I was. Still am. All you have to do is provide me a picture ID and a verifiable address. After all, I would hate to brake the wrong guys jaw. PM me with that information and we got a date.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:18 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

this is hilariously sad, guys....

got the popcorn ready regardless.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:26 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
this is hilariously sad, guys....

got the popcorn ready regardless.

Heres the thread that started it all. He was posting multiple listings on the BST. As you can see, I politely asked him to consolidate his threads - I even said please. After all, it is a rule. Even Leon told him so. You can really tell his character by his responses. It doesnt take him long to start in with the name calling and cursing...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152334
Old 04-29-2016, 11:28 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Your close, but a little bit off. First of all, you're the one that started with the name calling in this thread. Your foul mouth has got you banned from here before, I am sure it will again. As far as what happened a couple years ago, I told you I would be willing to fly out to wherever you are and meet up on my dime. Its still a standing offer. I sent you the copy of my drivers license to show you how serious I was. Still am. All you have to do is provide me a picture ID and a verifiable address. After all, I would hate to brake the wrong guys jaw. PM me with that information and we got a date.
I was replying to Sean, m_ron, and as usual you jumped in to be a do_che, because that's what you do time after time after time. Provide my address to you??? F_ck you. My life and my line of work is way too important to me to give an absolute piece of crap like you anything. You're just a laughable loser and you're still instigating stuff day after day after day. You're probably j_king off to this thread right now thinking you're getting to me. All I can say is ha ha ha.

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Last edited by JollyElm; 04-30-2016 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:33 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I was replying to Sean, moron, and as usual you jumped in to be a douche, because that's what you do time after time after time. Provide my address to you??? Fuck you. My life and my line of work is way too important to me to give an absolute piece of crap like you anything. You're just a laughable loser and you're still instigating stuff day after day after day. You're probably jerking off to this thread right now thinking you're getting to me. All I can say is ha ha ha.
You were banned once for your cursing and personal attacks, I see it happening again.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=208060

Page 5, Post #44

I'm done with this.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:05 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
You were banned once for your cursing and personal attacks, I see it happening again.

Page 5, Post #44

I'm done with this.
You're done with it??? You're the one creating all of this. Just like you always do.

And I like how you referenced the original thread. In it, I provide a screenshot showing what you were saying was completely untrue. It's right there for everyone to see. And like I said back then, YOU don't make the rules. And yet you just had to keep coming back again and again instead of simply moving on.

Casey Stengel

Old 04-30-2016, 12:09 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:

Page 5, Post #44

I'm done with this.
And again you are completely dishonest. The guy called me a troll before I insulted him back. See, it's a reply. I don't start crap like you do, but if you come after me I come after you. And I was banned for basically a few hours for using bad language and immediately reinstated. I know you think you're being clever by saying it got me kicked off the site, but everyone knows that's not the case.

Casey Stengel

Old 04-30-2016, 01:49 AM
Ryan Waggoner

Both of you, knock it off. You wanna have a battle of words, or fists, take it to the PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
And again you are completely dishonest. The guy called me a troll before I insulted him back. See, it's a reply. I don't start crap like you do, but if you come after me I come after you. And I was banned for basically a few hours for using bad language and immediately reinstated. I know you think you're being clever by saying it got me kicked off the site, but everyone knows that's not the case.
Actually, yes that is the reason. We don't need potty mouths on this board.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Infraction given. Either leave that language at the door or you will be shown where it is. ANd I should add, your next outburst of profanity on this board will in fact be your last one.

Quote:
Your whole purpose in life, as anyone can see by reading any thread you're involved in, is just to be an a-hole to everybody. It's hilarious!!! I mean the rest of us get in arguments or disagreements here and there, because we're normal human beings, but you?? 100% snarky anger 100% of the time.

Oh, and it involves you being a fucking tough guy, d-bag. Complaining and carping because in your dumba** mind I was posting too much for a new guy. And you obviously thought I would be 'frightened' of you. So I specifically asked you where you live so maybe we could have a little meet up. Because if you were anywhere near me on the east coast, anywhere, I would've been happy to meet up with you and see how tough you really are. But, alas, you were in Texas. And I believe you sent me a pic of your license but said something to the effect of, I'm moving so I won't be living there very soon. Aw, you saved the PM's. How cute.

Last edited by Leon; 04-30-2016 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:21 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Infraction given. Either leave that language at the door or you will be shown where it is. ANd I should add, your next outburst of profanity on this board will in fact be your last one.
http://www.successwithlogan.com/
Old 04-30-2016, 07:40 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

As long as a seller discloses his shipping costs up front, I see no reason why a buyer should not leave 5 stars for S/H charges. It's up to a buyer to walk away from a listing when they believe the costs are too high. Many buyers forget that the seller also has to include insurance costs.

Why don't I see any complaints about the outrageous shipping costs that some of the AH's charge?

One side note, I think that if someone wishes to show a badly damaged envelope on the board, at least cover up the sellers address. Yes, he should have shipped it in a more secure envelope but I would hope that he has learned from his past mistakes. There is absolutely no reason to show the board where the seller lives. Just my opinion.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-30-2016, 07:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post

One side note, I think that if someone wishes to show a badly damaged envelope on the board, at least cover up the sellers address. Yes, he should have shipped it in a more secure envelope but I would hope that he has learned from his past mistakes. There is absolutely no reason to show the board where the seller lives. Just my opinion.
Agreed and taken care of. We shouldn't generally post addresses or personal information on the board.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:03 AM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Why do discussion about shipping expenses sound more like political or religious arguments? It is amazing how polarizing something as simple as sending a package in the mail can be.

I think that the answers should be pretty simple:

1. If the shipping cost is clearly noted and reasonable care and effort warrants the cost, then reasonable feedback should be left.

2. If the shipping cost is clearly noted and less than reasonable care or effort was made, then stars should be dinged.

3. If the shipping cost was misrepresented, no responsible care or effort was taken or the packaged arrived in a less than desirable manner, then negative feedback should be left to alert and warn other potential buyers.

What is a reasonable price for shipping falls back into specific personal opinion, but I think that trying to figure out if someone is making a couple of pennies on shipping and then grabbing a pitchfork, torch and a noose might be a little extreme. After all, the seller is still responsible for the item arriving to you safely and in the condition advertised, and with that responsibility comes an assumed risk that very few buyers consider.

Shipping or including personal or business materials in a package is an expense that need not be passed on to the seller, however.

So, to answer the question raised by the OP, if you know the rules in advance, and the seller delivers as expected, I don't believe a negative is in order. However, I don't see anything wrong with making a statement on the: "How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?" section by leaving fewer than 5 stars.

Blog: www.justcollect.com/blog
email: scotta@justcollect.com
Old 04-30-2016, 07:58 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
As long as a seller discloses his shipping costs up front, I see no reason why a buyer should not leave 5 stars for S/H charges. It's up to a buyer to walk away from a listing when they believe the costs are too high. Many buyers forget that the seller also has to include insurance costs.
Here's why I think its OK to ding the stars, but not leave negative feedback. By placing a bid, you are basically agreeing to the shipping charge. But, just because you agree to it, doesn't mean you think its reasonable or fair. When leaving feedback, one of the questions asked is 'How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?' Ebay is asking our opinion. Again, just because you agreed to it, doesn't make it reasonable. Thats what the stars are for - to express our opinion. If its our opinion that the shipping and handling charges were not reasonable, we should say so (by leaving what we feel is an appropriate star rating).

Just my $.02
Old 04-30-2016, 08:39 AM
Tony. Biviano

Quote:
Here's why I think its OK to ding the stars, but not leave negative feedback. By placing a bid, you are basically agreeing to the shipping charge. But, just because you agree to it, doesn't mean you think its reasonable or fair. When leaving feedback, one of the questions asked is 'How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?' Ebay is asking our opinion. Again, just because you agreed to it, doesn't make it reasonable. Thats what the stars are for - to express our opinion. If its our opinion that the shipping and handling charges were not reasonable, we should say so (by leaving what we feel is an appropriate star rating).

Just my $.02
+1
Old 04-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:

Just my $.02
+1.

That's how I look at it. I have left negative or neutral feedback for shipping when costs are obviously skewed, such as failing to combine shipping, higher shipping costs for an item shipped relatively unprotected. I will say, in my comments, my bid reflects the cost of shipping.

On auction houses, especially those who charge for postage, supplies, handling, etc, I don't bid mch, if at all for many AH these days. In my prior life managing a profit center, many of these descriptive items are actually labor and material costs. I consider this no more than an attempt to increase profitability and, with the A H juice running up to 20%, any explanation is no more than justification for suckers. Just my two bucks worth, which is now $2.60 with S&H.

By the way, I make several purchases from shippers in Japan. Costs are all over the place, but several ship for under three bucks. Food for thought.
...whatever I want

Last edited by drmondobueno; 04-30-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:06 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
Shipping is just part of the cost of the card. If the card is worth $X to you, you pay up to $X to have it. And part of having it is having it sent to you. Neither the buyer nor the seller should care what the shipping cost is. If you charge $40 for shipping buyers are just going to bid $(X-40) for it. How the cost is distributed between the card and the shipping charge really doesn't matter.

So no, don't leave negative feedback for high shipping charges. Just put in a lower bid than you would otherwise.
I can see it not really mattering much to the seller if he is selling cards but it does matter to the buyer and that is reflected in less purchases, or in my case, zero purchases from those who use Global shipping or have other high shipping fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmondobueno View Post
+1.

That's how I look at it. I have left negative or neutral feedback for shipping when costs are obviously skewed, such as failing to combine shipping, higher shipping costs for an item shipped relatively unprotected. I will say, in my comments, my bid reflects the cost of shipping.

On auction houses, especially those who charge for postage, supplies, handling, etc, I don't bid mch, if at all for many AH these days. In my prior life managing a profit center, many of these descriptive items are actually labor and material costs. I consider this no more than an attempt to increase profitability and, with the A H juice running up to 20%, any explanation is no more than justification for suckers. Just my two bucks worth, which is now $2.60 with S&H.

By the way, I make several purchases from shippers in Japan. Costs are all over the place, but several ship for under three bucks. Food for thought.
Imagine that!

Last edited by irv; 04-30-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:02 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I get asked about high shipping charges. Its written on the Ebay listings that I use Priorty Flat rate boxes and I also insure the items. Items under 50, I will use signature confirmation. You may be asking why??? I use these boxes for protection, since most items are slabbed cards.
Now I recently sent 1 slabbed card (200$ value) it cost $6.80 for the box plus insurance cost $3.35 for a total of $10.15, and I acutally only charged 9.50 on this listing.
And folks complain it being high???
Another cost example: (a $1700 card)- it cost $6.80 plus insurance $17.25 for a total of $24.05
Another listing: (a $1900 card)- it cost $6.80 plus insurance $26.35 for a total of $33.15

**Also note that SMALL flat boxes are $6.80 and MED flat boxes are $13.75 and LARGE flat boxes are $18.75,
so when I put $20 and use a MED box, on larger items/groups with $3 signature confirmation, and insurance, plus bubblewrap/tape/popcorn --it does cost that, and I don't have a mail pickup service.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 04-30-2016 at 08:07 AM.