NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-07-2019, 09:54 AM

Default Paypal "enhanced Seller Protection" email

I just received this from Paypal (see below). Not sure if this is their attempt at minimizing the damage caused by scamming buyers initiating charge-backs through their own credit card companies as was talked about in some threads on here a few weeks ago. I was curious if others are receiving this email as well (actually you have to go into your Paypal account to read the details). Paypal also makes it sound like only certain sellers get this, if you have "Funds Now", whatever that is. I've had a Paypal account for 18 years but I don't sell much at all so not sure why I would receive any special treatment. I also don't have a "Business Account" as is mentioned.

Rob M

What is Seller Protection?
PayPal Seller Protection is a policy that can protect your transactions from chargebacks, reversals, and their associated fees. This means that if you sell something to a buyer, and they dispute or reverse the transaction, you may be eligible to retain the full purchase amount and avoid any related chargeback fees paid (for debit and credit card-funded transactions).

What makes PayPal Seller Protection different.
We want to make it easy for you to protect your online sales. When you open a Business account with us, we offer Seller Protection at no additional charge for eligible transactions. We also don’t limit the number of eligible payments, as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.

What PayPal Seller Protection covers.
PayPal’s Seller Protection program covers two kinds of buyer claims:
Unauthorized Transactions. This is when a buyer claims they didn’t authorize a payment.
Items Not Received. This is when a buyer claims they never received the item they purchased.

What PayPal Seller Protection doesn’t cover.
Seller Protection doesn’t cover buyer claims for items received that are ‘Significantly Not As Described (SNAD)’; in other words, what the buyer received doesn’t match what they ordered. For example: Say the buyer ordered a pink scarf but received a green one instead. But you can reduce SNAD complaints by:
Providing detailed and accurate descriptions of the items you are selling.
Communicating well with your buyers.
Answering any questions about the item(s) quickly.
Being open to resolving issues as they arise (refunds, returns, and exchanges) to prevent a formal complaint.

How to be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection.
To be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection, you must meet all of the following requirements.
The primary address for your PayPal account must be in the United States.
The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction. If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the transaction details page but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.
You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner as requested in our email correspondence with you or in our correspondence with you through the Resolution Center. If you do not respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in the time requested, you may not be eligible for Seller Protection.
If the sale involves pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, you must ship within the timeframe you specified in the listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 days after receipt of payment.

What happens if you receive a complaint?
If the transaction in question meets the eligibility criteria, you’ll be able to keep the full purchase amount, and we’ll also waive any chargeback fees (for debit and credit card-funded transactions).

Keep in mind that while we’re reviewing the complaint, the money for the disputed transaction might be temporarily unavailable to you. If the dispute is decided in your favor, we’ll make the money available again as part of your PayPal balance.

It also takes teamwork to find a resolution. In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, you also need to respond to any reversal within the timeframe given. Be sure to include the appropriate proof of delivery or proof of shipment, depending on the requirements.

How to prevent complaints and reversals.
You won’t be able to prevent all reversals but you can help by providing thorough and accurate details of the items you sell, shipping quickly, and communicating well with your buyers. The little details go a long way. However, reversals are part of doing business to some degree. Always make sure you follow the PayPal Seller Protection Policy to protect yourself. Here are a few actionable tips:

To reduce (Items Not Received) INR complaints:
Communicate well with your buyers.
Be clear about shipping timeframes.
Ship only using reputable shipping partners who can provide online shipment tracking details.
Share shipping details with your buyers.

Last edited by ramram; 05-07-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

I got it yesterday but didn't read the details until now. I guess it could help, in some cases and I could be wrong, but doesn't come across as too earth shattering to me.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:25 AM

Has anyone else noticed the new Paypal "cash" account when logging in. I used to just get the notice "you have money" now I get a different notice and I have to accept the money and either enroll in their new program or just forward it straight to the linked back account.

The new account page appears to have something to do with the split from paypal and accepting new terms and resigning up with name/address/DOB/Social etc???
Old 05-07-2019, 11:45 AM
John

Yeah, its something new. I'm not sure about "resigning up with name/address/DOB/Social etc???", I think its just their attempt to try to get you to link a bank account. I wound up having to call customer service - you can pm me if you get stuck trying to "accept" your money.

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 05-07-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:42 PM

It asks for all of your info again. I already have a bank account and credit card linked to the PP account. It gives me the choice of sending it directly to my back or opening the new cash account. I just send it to the bank and it goes thru just as it used to. I can't imagine they are having every user, reup for the new cash account.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:03 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

There is a little-known codicil in the PayPal rules which gives the company unlimited power to preserve order in time of emergency. Find me a way to minimize our liability and pass all the risks to seller. Put Neidermeyer on it. He's a sneaky little shit, just like you, right? [Greg nods] The time has come for someone to put their foot down. And that foot is me.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

One of the main problems has been the “not as described” returns in which the buyer lies and says that they got something else and PayPal gives them back their money. That is not fixed here.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:15 PM
Shain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
One of the main problems has been the “not as described” returns in which the buyer lies and says that they got something else and PayPal gives them back their money. That is not fixed here.
I am an unfortunate recipient of the scam loop hole. I made a thread about selling a 1952 Topps Mathews RC a couple of weeks ago. Buyer filed a charge-back with their credit card company, got refunded, now their credit card co. is in dispute with Paypal to get their money back. Buyer never contacted me to negotiate a refund of any kind. Buyer has possession of the card AND their money back ($1750 card). My case is still in dispute with PayPal. Some board members recommended I get the police involved. I decided to wait on official word from PayPal regarding the conclusion before I pursue alternative action.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2019, 06:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This one really sucks. I would contact your local authorities and at least file a report. That buyer should be in jail.

As for PP, they want docs I am not willing to give them in order to leave money there. So I just transfer it right to my bank account. Not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwell-1994 View Post
I am an unfortunate recipient of the scam loop hole. I made a thread about selling a 1952 Topps Mathews RC a couple of weeks ago. Buyer filed a charge-back with their credit card company, got refunded, now their credit card co. is in dispute with Paypal to get their money back. Buyer never contacted me to negotiate a refund of any kind. Buyer has possession of the card AND their money back ($1750 card). My case is still in dispute with PayPal. Some board members recommended I get the police involved. I decided to wait on official word from PayPal regarding the conclusion before I pursue alternative action.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:26 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This one really sucks. I would contact your local authorities and at least file a report. That buyer should be in jail.

As for PP, they want docs I am not willing to give them in order to leave money there. So I just transfer it right to my bank account. Not a big deal.
I would also add that once you file a report, I would inform Paypal as well that you have done so. Might not do anything beyond indicating to them that you were serious, but it can't hurt.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

I had a dispute last year on a small purchase under $10. PayPal told me that it would take several months to go back and forth with the credit card company. I got my money back because the tracking was proof. But that was under $10.

If it was me in your situation I would make it a point to get it resolved today. Call PayPal and tell them that you are out the card and the money. If they don’t do anything to help and say that they can’t, tell them you are going to call the police and do it. The longer you wait the less chance there is of getting it back.
Especially if he moves / cancels credit cards / closes bank account / disappears etc.

Quote:

Old 05-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:

You are making a mistake not taking it to the authorities immediately and aggressively. If you wait too long the cops will ignore your request. It has happened to other collectors I know. The cops already tend to minimize theft in the hobby because it is just baseball cards, so it is a joke to them to begin with.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...