NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-23-2018, 11:28 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
My last two bulk submissions to PSA were done in 9 days and 33 days after being entered as received. Now one of these took a while to get entered as received but I have had decent turnaround times. Also to answer someone’s question they do have value limits on cards submitted at discount levels. For example a high grade 1952 mantle can not be submitted at the $50 level it is considerably more than that.
I am curious when assigning value do you claim

- What you think it will Grade
- or Regular Ungraded Book Value

Book Value is Easy to Determine but a Mantle Rookie could be anywhere from 10,000 to over 1 Million. If it grades less than what you thought that could cost you alot of extra money you didn't need to pay.

If that is the Case do they Refund you the Difference?

If your Percieved Value is Off do they Not Grade it and make you start the whole long process all over again?

Last edited by that T206 Guy; 06-23-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:54 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by that T206 Guy View Post
If that is the Case do they Refund you the Difference?
If your Percieved Value is Off do they Not Grade it and make you start the whole long process all over again?
Many of the questions you're asking have been asked and answered many times on this board. Take a week and read a bunch of old threads. This will give you a broader base of knowledge.
PSA requests that you submit under a "Declared value": most people consider that the raw value of a card in the same grade. PSA will grade your card either way, but if it becomes a $1,000 and you've submitted under a bulk special with max value of $99, they may call you and upgrade the service level. They may not, and just send it back to you graded. I have seen where Pop 1 PSA 10s from vintage football have not been upgraded to a higher service level even though PSA 9s sell for $250 on that card.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:02 PM

All three companies will be at the show and all three companies will be live grading/slabbing there on-site.

I'd highly suggest you get there as early as possible to get your stuff in as each company will probably be extremely busy.

I know when I went last year I was only at the show on Friday and BGS closed up shop around 3pm that day for the rest of the show because they had gotten so many cards turned in.

Given the market conditions we've seen here this year, I expect that to happen again and maybe to PSA as well.

Ask me about discounted BGS/BVG pricing for Net54 Members!