NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1960-1979 Baseball Cards B/S/T

Old 02-10-2023, 08:11 AM
Jim Caravello

Default 1971 Thurman Munson Topps SGC 7.5 - ANOTHER DROP

Really Nice Munson from 1971.....

$850 net to me takes her shipped and insured PPFF or Venmo.....a PSA 7.5 sold in January on eBay for $1950 before taxes and shipping...mine is less than 1/2 that price and my card is just as nice if not nicer....NOW $675 NOW $625 net to me

Sorry for the glare.....
Thanks for looking!

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-24-2023 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2023, 05:29 AM
Jim Caravello

Bump for Huge Price Drop to $675 - now under a PSA 7 stated value from their website.....

$625

Last edited by JimmyC; 02-15-2023 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-15-2023, 09:35 AM
Jim Caravello

BUMP for another Price Drop - $625
Old 02-20-2023, 10:58 AM
Jim Caravello

To the top!
Old 03-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Jim Caravello

Bump her up!
Old 04-05-2023, 07:43 AM
Jim Caravello

Long overdue Bump!
Old 05-01-2023, 07:54 AM
Jim Caravello

Monday Bump!
Old 05-31-2023, 07:14 AM
Jim Caravello

To the top!
Old 06-23-2023, 09:02 AM
Jim Caravello

ttt
Old 06-24-2023, 04:42 PM
Howard Chasser

Default 71 Munson

Hello. I'll take the 71 Munson at $625.

Howard

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:40 PM
Jim Caravello

Sent you a PM! Thanks!
Old 06-24-2023, 09:39 PM
Jim Caravello

Well - this one is back on the market…….

Buyer was not comfortable with sending me a PPFF payment or Venmo…..

LOL - he actually wanted me to send the card to him first and then he would pay me that way when he received??

I have an impeccable reputation in this hobby….

Before he would remotely agree to pay ( he would send via goods and services but my listing clearly states net and I wasn’t paying fees ) I sent / provided:

* provided three references out here on Net54 to sales I have made including a $2000 item - an $800 item and a local Net54 buyer who I have done a couple deals with ( several hundred dollars and around $1,000 in total )and met personally…also have numerous other sales out here…
* sent links to my history as a game used bat expert on Game Used Universe
* my 100% perfect feedback on eBay with 2,444 transactions
* link to auction item I consigned with Robert Edwards with my COA and in which the auction company cited my background and expertise….one of many items I consigned with REA over the years WITH MY COA in the lot description and pictures - a Jim Caravello COA…..I answer game used bat and jersey questions daily / weekly via email and write COAs regularly….
* My Company’s business website and my personal profile where I have 2 professional business licenses that require ethics classes each year as part of my continuing education
* Indicated I was more than happy to jump on a phone call as well to get him comfortable with the $625 deal…

Just want to set the record straight why this card is still available…..

My guess is the guy had a buyer who backed out….so tiring….yeah, I’m calling you out….so tiring…

I would have had more respect for the person if they just said “I changed my mind”…..but don’t lie to me that you are not comfortable sending funds via PPFF with the info I provided…

HE DIDN’T EVEN WANT TO CONTACT MY REFERENCES OUT HERE

TTT

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-24-2023 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 04:57 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post

LOL - he actually wanted me to send the card to him first and then he would pay me that way when he received??

I have an impeccable reputation in this hobby….

Before he would remotely agree to pay ( he would send via goods and services but my listing clearly states net and I wasn’t paying fees ) I sent / provided:

* provided three references out here on Net54 to sales I have made including a $2000 item - an $800 item and a local Net54 buyer who I have done a couple deals with ( several hundred dollars and around $1,000 in total )and met personally…also have numerous other sales out here…
* sent links to my history as a game used bat expert on Game Used Universe
* my 100% perfect feedback on eBay with 2,444 transactions
* link to auction item I consigned with Robert Edwards with my COA and in which the auction company cited my background and expertise….one of many items I consigned with REA over the years WITH MY COA in the lot description and pictures - a Jim Caravello COA…..I answer game used bat and jersey questions daily / weekly via email and write COAs regularly….
* My Company’s business website and my personal profile where I have 2 professional business licenses that require ethics classes each year as part of my continuing education
* Indicated I was more than happy to jump on a phone call as well to get him comfortable with the $625 deal…

Just want to set the record straight why this card is still available…..

My guess is the guy had a buyer who backed out….so tiring….yeah, I’m calling you out….so tiring…

I would have had more respect for the person if they just said “I changed my mind”…..but don’t lie to me that you are not comfortable sending funds via PPFF with the info I provided…

TTT
I just want to say, I know Jim from some of the Mets collectors Facebook groups and the old Game Used Universe forums and have traded, bought and sold to him and everything always went smooth.

I've also bought from Howard and was equally as happy.

Both are stand-up guys. I hate to see this happen.

Last edited by Jim65; 06-25-2023 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:29 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

I would have just eaten the $21 PPGS fee and called it a day. Things happen. Sounds like that would have sealed the deal. FF can be tricky. What if you actually ship the card but it gets lost? Buyer has no way to get their money back unless the seller just eats the loss and refunds which is unlikely. GS provides buyer protection. Perhaps he would have eaten the $21 fee for the assurance. It likely had nothing to do with him trusting you as a seller. Just the FF risk overall.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:52 AM
Jim Caravello

Thanks for the comments Jim - great to hear from you….

I ship anything of this value fully insured…….period….and there are other avenues to pay me net - Venmo, check, etx…

The bottom line is he changed his mind and excuses were popping up everywhere…

I really hate to make a post like I did, but whenever an item is relisted because it is still available, there is always a stigma attached to the seller or the item…..

I see he is a dealer and has been out here a long time….and I needed to set the record straight as to why this card is still available or that stigma would linger out here….there is no issue with the Seller or the Card…..it was a buyer issue…..

He made a post committing to buy the item on this thread…..buy doing so, you agree to seller terms which was a net sale to me at $625 - via PPFF or Venmo - period…if you had questions about my track record, message me before you commit and let’s get that squared away…or offer up to use PayPal good and services and eat the fees on my end for that - he never offered that up…

When I contacted him he questioned how long I have been out here and wanted references…he had the gall to agree to buy if I sent to him first based on his “track record”……and he would pay me upon receipt…..

I provided everything you see above - and he was unwilling to contact the people I have sold to out here….

Hell - I didn’t even mention I have had numerous auctions out here for cards and I always send an additional card of a HOFer to the winner of my auctions…..at no cost….just an added touch to give back to my winners….

My parents taught me two important things growing up:

(1) always take accountability for everything you say / do - and commit to
(2) never lie

I don’t treat people this way - and I expect similar treatment back in any business dealing / hobby transaction / etc….

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-25-2023 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2023, 10:12 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Weird scenario. Never imagined I would have someone mail me a card first and then I would pay. There is a lot of fraud on here apparently but that's not how things ordinarily work.

Quote:
Thanks for the comments Jim - great to hear from you….

I ship anything of this value fully insured…….period….and there are other avenues to pay me net - Venmo, check, etx…

The bottom line is he changed his mind and excuses were popping up everywhere…

I really hate to make a post like I did, but whenever an item is relisted because it is still available, there is always a stigma attached to the seller or the item…..

I see he is a dealer and has been out here a long time….and I needed to set the record straight as to why this card is still available or that stigma would linger out here….there is no issue with the Seller or the Card…..it was a buyer issue…..

He made a post committing to buy the item on this thread…..buy doing so, you agree to seller terms which was a net sale to me at $625 - via PPFF or Venmo - period…if you had questions about my track record, message me before you commit and let’s get that squared away…or offer up to use PayPal good and services and eat the fees on my end for that - he never offered that up…

When I contacted him he questioned how long I have been out here and wanted references…he had the gall to agree to buy if I sent to him first based on his “track record”……and he would pay me upon receipt…..

I provided everything you see above - and he was unwilling to contact the people I have sold to out here….

Hell - I didn’t even mention I have had numerous auctions out here for cards and I always send an additional card of a HOFer to the winner of my auctions…..at no cost….just an added touch to give back to my winners….

My parents taught me two important things growing up:

(1) always take accountability for everything you say / do - and commit to
(2) never lie

I don’t treat people this way - and I expect similar treatment back in any business dealing / hobby transaction / etc….

Last edited by Snapolit1; 06-25-2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-25-2023, 11:01 AM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by maniac_73; 06-25-2023 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 12:33 PM
James
James Kin.chen

What happened with the eBay sale in March?
Old 06-25-2023, 12:49 PM
Jim Caravello

Buyer never paid - glad he didn’t….
Old 06-25-2023, 04:14 PM
St,an Pietr.uska

Quote:

TTT[/B]
I should have tried that routine during my single days. Imagine telling a woman, lets kiss/make out first and then I will let you know whether I want to take you out to dinner. LOL
Old 06-26-2023, 05:56 PM
Howard Chasser

Default For now

Quote:
BUMP for another Price Drop - $625
Just wanted to preserve this post before it gets edited like the original which was edited at Midnight last night. Communicating with Leon - response coming soon.

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 06-26-2023, 06:10 PM
Jim Caravello

Hello Howard - here are some excerpts from your messages to me…

(1)

Hi Jim,

Phone call would be no different than our messaging. If no one here can vouch for you I would either want to do goods and services or pass on the card.
The only other option I would agree to is if you want to send me the card first and I will pay you friends and family on receipt. I am a Net 54 member since 2009 - plenty of references available including Leon. I also have an Ebay store since 1998.

YOU NEVER REACHED OUT TO THE THREE REFERENCES I GAVE YOU - you had already changed your mind and wouldn’t own up to the decision..you had no interest in talking to the three references I sent…

(2)

Not that your incorrect guess nor your inference about "people like me" deserve a response...... I checked your "references" prior to responding that I was moving on - a link to a 16 year old SCD article and 11 year old REA auction lot didn't cut it for me. Too much bs from guys " like you" in the hobby. If I don't know you and can't get comfortable with who you are, I'm not effectively handing you cash! If you don't get that, I suspect you will not be on the board very long.

I GAVE YOU REFERENCES OUT HERE THAT YOU WERE TOO LAZY TO FOLLOW UP ON - I sent you my background on GUU which is impeccable - I sent you an auction listing at REA which is one of many where they had my item and MY COA - I sent you my feedback on eBay - 2,244 positive 100% responses - I sent you my company’s web page and my profile so you could see who I am…

You changed your mind on the deal - you lied to me - you had no interest in following up after YOU committed to buy the card under my terms in the Listing - I don’t care how long you have been in business - you treated me like a child - changed your mind and lied ……and I do not like liars…..

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-26-2023 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-26-2023, 06:15 PM
Jim Caravello

“Too much BS from guys like me in the hobby”?

You should be damn lucky I am in the hobby - I have saved people tens of thousands of dollars over the years - literally tens of thousands of dollars by not making mistakes in the game used arena…
Old 06-26-2023, 06:58 PM
Tony Baldwin

As James stated, both are stand-up guys. I hate to see this happen.” I agree!

Jim clearly stated: shipped and insured PPFF or Venmo.

Howard clearly stated: I'll take the 71 Munson at $625.

Unless there was a conversation that took place that we aren’t aware, at this point, the deal is done. Howard had the opportunity to ask questions, ask for references, do any research, and work out any issues before committing.

I believe most would agree. Of course, when things take a turn in a different direction, frustration kicks in.

I agree with Rand1com, “I would have just eaten the $21 PPGS fee and called it a day.”
Old 06-26-2023, 07:00 PM
Howard Chasser

Default The WHOLE story

Here is the entire PM exchange word for word :

Jim: “Hi Howard - she’s yours! You can PayPal me family and friends at jimcaravello23@gmail.com - I can drop her off tomorrow ! Thanks! Jim”

My scammer radar went off when I saw the request for FF payment – I can’t say for certain if it was or wasn’t there, but I have no recollection of seeing “net to me” in the post (which happens to have been edited at 12:09 AM last night)

Me: “ Hi Jim,

As I do not know you and you are relatively new to Net 54 (he joined in July of 2022), I would either want to send goods and services or get some "vouches" for you here - have you bought or sold with other Net 54 members? Does Leon know you? Thanks.

Howard”

Jim: “Hi Howard - I am bronxbats on eBay - you can check my feedback out there - I have corresponded with Leon, but I don’t know him personally - I’ve bought and sold out here quite a bit with no issues….I am a former Bat expert to Game Used Universe back in the day - my reputation is impeccable….I do need $625 net on this card so it needs to be PPFF or Venmo, whatever is best for you….

I sold a seaver rookie to Elberson and a Boggs bat to saltbox68 out here - they paid via PPFF….

Don’t know how else to get you comfortable, but I don’t screw around…..

Thanks, Jim Caravello”

NOTE: Not sure how, but I didn’t see the above message till going through them just now.

Jim: “More than happy to jump on a phone call tomorrow if that would make you more comfortable…..

Thanks, Jim”

Jim: “Also have done a couple deals with “Bliggity” - Dan Blau - he is here in Raleigh and we have met twice - great guy - you can always reach out to him for a reference…..”

Note: At this point what I saw provided was an offer for a phone call and the reference to “Bliggity” which I looked up and saw started 2 threads in all of 2023. I don’t know Dan.

Me: “Hi Jim,

Phone call would be no different than our messaging. If no one here can vouch for you I would either want to do goods and services or pass on the card.
The only other option I would agree to is if you want to send me the card first and I will pay you friends and family on receipt. I am a Net 54 member since 2009 - plenty of references available including Leon. I also have an Ebay store since 1998.

Let me know.

Howard”

Jim: Well - I have given you three references - please feel free to reach out to them….I do not send cards or any memorabilia until I get paid….
A couple of links for you…..

https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/a...art-revolution

https://robertedwardauctions.com/auc...-pro-model-bat

One of my COAs in the link above…

https://eyccompanies.com/our-team/jim/”

For those who do not care to look, the links are to a 16 year old SCD article, an 11 year old REA auction lot, and what appears to be a “bio” page on the internet.

Jim: “Did you even check references out here?”

Thanks for the effort. I'm not comfortable. Wish you the best with your sales.

Howard”

Now he gets really offensive:

Jim: “My guess is you had a buyer for the card and they backed out - do not ever contact me again about buying a card or anything out there - life is too short to deal with people like you…”

Me: Not that your incorrect guess nor your inference about "people like me" deserve a response...... I checked your "references" prior to responding that I was moving on - a link to a 16 year old SCD article and 11 year old REA auction lot didn't cut it for me. Too much bs from guys " like you" in the hobby. If I don't know you and can't get comfortable with who you are, I'm not effectively handing you cash! If you don't get that, I suspect you will not be on the board very long.
As for your guess - it's laughable, I'm not some 20 something flipper - I'm in the hobby over 30 years and will gladly match my reputation to yours whenever and wherever. I've done hundreds of thousands of dollars in business buying and selling in just the last few years with hundreds of people. I don't play the "sell it before I buy it game" with $600 cards.

Anyway - Happy to be on your " no contact" list as you'll be on mine as we agree on one thing - Life IS too short to deal with people like you.

Howard

Jim: “Great - we have something in common….no contact - get a life man…”

Might things have turned out differently if I saw the message I missed Saturday night - I don't know - I own that.

Where things went after that - I'm done.

I guess "no contact" to you doesn't include a public effort to tarnish my reputation. This is the only post I will make about the issue.

Last edited by hcv123; 06-26-2023 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:05 PM
Jim Caravello

Oh - and Howard - the only thing that was edited recently was I added net to me after $625 - the original posting with the pricing saying net to me via PPFF or Venmo with the original pricing was original - that would still apply with a price reduction - so if you are trying that angle, you have lost…
Old 06-26-2023, 07:07 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Here is the entire PM exchange word for word :

Jim: “Hi Howard - she’s yours! You can PayPal me family and friends at jimcaravello23@gmail.com - I can drop her off tomorrow ! Thanks! Jim”

My scammer radar went off when I saw the request for FF payment – I can’t say for certain if it was or wasn’t there, but I have no recollection of seeing “net to me” in the post (which happens to have been edited at 12:09 AM last night)

Me: “ Hi Jim,

As I do not know you and you are relatively new to Net 54 (he joined in July of 2022), I would either want to send goods and services or get some "vouches" for you here - have you bought or sold with other Net 54 members? Does Leon know you? Thanks.

Howard”

Jim: “Hi Howard - I am bronxbats on eBay - you can check my feedback out there - I have corresponded with Leon, but I don’t know him personally - I’ve bought and sold out here quite a bit with no issues….I am a former Bat expert to Game Used Universe back in the day - my reputation is impeccable….I do need $625 net on this card so it needs to be PPFF or Venmo, whatever is best for you….

I sold a seaver rookie to Elberson and a Boggs bat to saltbox68 out here - they paid via PPFF….

Don’t know how else to get you comfortable, but I don’t screw around…..

Thanks, Jim Caravello”

NOTE: Not sure how, but I didn’t see the above message till going through them just now.

Jim: “More than happy to jump on a phone call tomorrow if that would make you more comfortable…..

Thanks, Jim”

Jim: “Also have done a couple deals with “Bliggity” - Dan Blau - he is here in Raleigh and we have met twice - great guy - you can always reach out to him for a reference…..”
At this point what I saw provided was an offer for a phone call and the reference to “Bliggity” which I looked up and saw started 2 threads in all of 2023. I don’t know Dan.

Let me know.

Howard”
Jim: Well - I have given you three references - please feel free to reach out to them….I do not send cards or any memorabilia until I get paid….
A couple of links for you…..

https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/a...art-revolution

https://robertedwardauctions.com/auc...-pro-model-bat

One of my COAs in the link above…

https://eyccompanies.com/our-team/jim/”

For those who do not care to look, the links are to a 16 year old SCD article, an 11 year old REA auction lot, and what appears to be a “bio” page on the internet.

Jim: “Did you even check references out here?”

Thanks for the effort. I'm not comfortable. Wish you the best with your sales.

Howard”

Now he gets really offensive:

Jim: “My guess is you had a buyer for the card and they backed out - do not ever contact me again about buying a card or anything out there - life is too short to deal with people like you…”

Me: Not that your incorrect guess nor your inference about "people like me" deserve a response...... I checked your "references" prior to responding that I was moving on - a link to a 16 year old SCD article and 11 year old REA auction lot didn't cut it for me. Too much bs from guys " like you" in the hobby. If I don't know you and can't get comfortable with who you are, I'm not effectively handing you cash! If you don't get that, I suspect you will not be on the board very long.
As for your guess - it's laughable, I'm not some 20 something flipper - I'm in the hobby over 30 years and will gladly match my reputation to yours whenever and wherever. I've done hundreds of thousands of dollars in business buying and selling in just the last few years with hundreds of people. I don't play the "sell it before I buy it game" with $600 cards.

Anyway - Happy to be on your " no contact" list as you'll be on mine as we agree on one thing - Life IS too short to deal with people like you.

Howard

Jim: “Great - we have something in common….no contact - get a life man…”

Might things have turned out differently if I saw the message I missed Saturday night - I don't know - I own that.

Where things went after that - I'm done.

I guess "no contact" to you doesn't include a public effort to tarnish my reputation. This is the only post I will make about the issue.
Howard:

I trust Jim. He and I have several mutual friends, going back years. I will be happy to pay Jim the money ($625) for you and then he can ship the card to you. You can pay me on receipt of the card.

Your refusal of this offer would certainly look like reneging, as your other excuses would be non-applicable. I'll take the "risk" because as I see it, there is none.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:08 PM
Jim Caravello

Howard - so sad…..you just don’t get it - everything you posted backs up what I have been saying……so sad…and PPFF was in the original listing

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-26-2023 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:15 PM
Jim Caravello

Tarnishing your reputation? Seriously??

You were done with this deal 7 hours after I saw the post that you wanted to buy and I contacted you - you never messaged me at all - didn’t know until I saw your response in the thread - you were confrontational from my first message to you saying basically, who are you selling this card??

You questioned me from the get go - I sent you so much information to get you comfortable and you were too damn lazy to do any research….PERIOD

I made my posts because there is a stigma when a card is back up for sale, especially if a dealer has backed out….

Sorry if you don’t like the facts….but it is what it is….

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-26-2023 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:16 PM
Tony Baldwin

In the future, it might be a good idea to ask NET54 members if a NET54 seller is good to go. A lot of guys here know each other. I know Jim from GUU and would have vouched for him.

Honestly, I hate to see these things happen. So preventable from two seasoned collectors.

Shakes hands and don’t let this get too out of hand.

Last edited by SyrNy1960; 06-26-2023 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:29 PM
Jim Caravello

All Howard had to was ask around…..check the references I sent…..check my feedback history….look at my posts ( and yes, I do send an xtra card of a HoFer out on every auction to the winner )….see all my items for sale ….see the ones that had sold…..

Pretty simple stuff….

He wasn’t willing to look at anything and came up with excuses on GUU and SCD…

If he really wanted the card he would have dug in….like most of us would…how about offering to pay the fees if you buy PP via services and goods?

He changed his mind - plain and simple….

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-26-2023 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:33 PM
Jim Caravello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Howard:

I trust Jim. He and I have several mutual friends, going back years. I will be happy to pay Jim the money ($625) for you and then he can ship the card to you. You can pay me on receipt of the card.

Your refusal of this offer would certainly look like reneging, as your other excuses would be non-applicable. I'll take the "risk" because as I see it, there is none.
Thank you Mark…
Old 06-26-2023, 08:46 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Thank you Mark…
No problem Jim. Of course I didn't expect Howard to accept my offer. Just wanted to make it crystal clear for everybody viewing these threads that he reneged on the deal, plain and simple.

What pissed me off and caused me to interject myself into it is that Howard couldn't just be stand-up and admit he changed his mind; instead he tried to imply you were somehow untrustworthy. That, to me, is really sleazy. If a guy is going to back out of a deal, don't throw lame excuses, trying to make the other guy look bad. Just man up and be honest.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:21 PM
Jim Caravello

Thanks again Mark…..appreciate your feedback…..

Gotta love this:

Maybe a guy that has been around a while and provides COAs to REA, has written articles in SCD and sends you his current company’s website with his full background and history might be a legit guy? Just sayin….

Oh - and this is rich….

Note: At this point what I saw provided was an offer for a phone call and the reference to “Bliggity” which I looked up and saw started 2 threads in all of 2023. I don’t know Dan.

LOL - you may not know any of the references I provided you out here, but reach out to them and inquire! Dan is like one of the nicest collectors I have met! Right here in my home town….not everyone is out here daily and posting daily! What a lame excuse!! “Only posted twice in 2023”…..He has bought from me twice with no issue! I am still laughing at your rebuttals…..comical…..so basically, if Howard doesn’t know my references provided, then I am probably not a legit seller….

Sorry I am not letting this go - this entire situation has just rubbed me the wrong way………I am tired of people who won’t stand up and accept responsibility for their actions…

As I said in an earlier post, all you had to do was say you changed your mind…..and we wouldn’t be here right now…..but you couldn’t man up…

You made a post in this thread to buy with terms clearly stated - $625 via PPFF or Venmo and you RENEGED….plain and simple…

Lame excuses listed above and trying to deflect responsibility to my side of this just make me furious….

As my parents taught me when I was younger …….take accountability for what you say / do / and commit to…….

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-26-2023 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-27-2023, 05:37 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I think its time to let this go. Everything has been said.
Old 06-27-2023, 06:39 AM
Ma.tt Whi.te

All these long posts and you still have the card you’ve been trying to sell for 4 months… and have dropped the price $200+.

I enjoy being petty and shaking my fist yelling “it’s the principle!” as much as the next guy but this seems pretty dumb for $20.
Old 06-27-2023, 06:44 AM
Jim Caravello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I think its time to let this go. Everything has been said.
Agree Jim - moving on - sorry for my belligerent banter at times….
Old 06-27-2023, 06:47 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
All these long posts and you still have the card you’ve been trying to sell for 4 months… and have dropped the price $200+.

I enjoy being petty and shaking my fist yelling “it’s the principle!” as much as the next guy but this seems pretty dumb for $20.
+1
Old 07-01-2023, 08:17 AM
Jim Caravello

Card has sold - thanks for all the interest…..