NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-21-2021, 11:59 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
Just arrived. Hard to find in black. Oooribay calls these cartoon font pennants.
Nice pennant Marc...

I like your version (without the MLB Logo). The felt looks rather stiff... Is it the polyester stiff stuff or real felt? The orange version typically has the MLB Logo and is made of stiff felt (which could substitute as the blade of a guillotine).

Seems like yours was manufactured at a time that it could go either way.
Old 12-21-2021, 02:34 PM
Marc

This one I posted earlier is stiffer felt, but not the crazy stiff felt like the one with the MLB logo (posted below). There are several versions of this pennant. These all have the completed Candlestick. I know Oooribay has both the orange and black versions with the Candlestick outfield still open. I assume that those are on soft felt or cloth. I'm still looking for those.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Giants black orange stick.jpg (54.4 KB, 304 views)
Old 12-22-2021, 06:30 AM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Put me in the camp that says those bottom two Giants are not Trench but some other unknown company. They are very similar in every way to this full-size 1950 Phillies (top), which shares nothing in common with the scroll pennant that we know to be Trench.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2722537F-1EE3-489B-8FB6-EF117007B437.jpg (20.4 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg A23F0F1C-656A-4F53-B790-D5A068391769.jpg (21.6 KB, 285 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 12-22-2021 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:36 AM

Here are some pennants that, I believe, have the same origin as the Giants and the red Phillies (above).

Last edited by thetahat; 12-22-2021 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:45 AM

Rare (for me) Etsy purchase, been looking for the AL string of 1969 ASCO and found this, a little worn but it will do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E1577295-DB5D-4BB7-A3D5-4D199ABA511F.jpg (20.6 KB, 298 views)
Old 12-22-2021, 06:48 AM

Those Giants stadium pennants are great … Trench deviated quite a bit from their standard stadium design for them. Same with the Mets Shea Stadium pennant.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:02 AM
Rob

Quote:
This one I posted earlier is stiffer felt, but not the crazy stiff felt like the one with the MLB logo (posted below). There are several versions of this pennant. These all have the completed Candlestick. I know Oooribay has both the orange and black versions with the Candlestick outfield still open. I assume that those are on soft felt or cloth. I'm still looking for those.
The "open outfield" Giants Candlestick pennants are the soft felt. The stadium was completely enclosed prior to the 1970 season.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:04 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer05 View Post
Rob, it's my belief that the maker of your bottom two pennants featuring the generic stadium scene (here, "Polo Grounds") is Trench. What's interesting about these two is they're monochrome; and every other I've seen featuring this artwork was multicolored.

Typically these stadium scene pennants were made on a 3/4 size format: 8" x 26".

The top two closely resemble the text of the Trench ones below. Good observation. They may have altered the text ever so slightly to print these on a bigger, full size pennant. Are they indeed bigger?
You're on the money, Kyle. The top two are full size; the bottom two (Polo Grounds) are 3/4.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:30 PM

Default Wrigley Field rooftop (burgee) flag

Thanks to my friends at ADFLAG for making this beauty available to me, recently....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image (92).jpg (18.0 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg image (93).jpg (9.2 KB, 285 views)
Old 12-22-2021, 07:32 PM
Rob

Quote:
Domer05;2177747]Thanks to my friends at ADFLAG for making this beauty available to me, recently....
I see it folds.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I see it folds.
Yeah, mine never flew atop Wrigley (obviously).

But it could have ... thirty years ago, when the flags last looked like this.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:17 AM
Rob

Quote:
Yeah, mine never flew atop Wrigley (obviously).

But it could have ... thirty years ago, when the flags last looked like this.
My “joke” missed the mark….I was making a little “folds in the playoffs” joke. Love ya, Kyle!
Old 12-23-2021, 10:08 AM

The first pennant is from the same maker as those pictured in post 5962. NYC area company, mid1950-60s pennants, cloth. Unique spine material.

Second pennant is almost certainly from the “sliding runner” company, based on composition, size, stitching. These were 1940s-early 1950s.

Could this be the same company? The only link is the bum design and of course that could have just been pirated. But perhaps this simplifies our uncertainty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6E0CB342-9B07-41E4-9FB2-12BAD2C43106.jpg (21.5 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 8C1537F6-B661-4F48-A8B3-A69539E90F39.jpg (21.2 KB, 283 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 12-23-2021 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:43 PM
Rob

Does this stuff keep you up at night, Greg?
Old 12-23-2021, 01:28 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
The first pennant is from the same maker as those pictured in post 5962. NYC area company, mid1950-60s pennants, cloth. Unique spine material.

Second pennant is almost certainly from the “sliding runner” company, based on composition, size, stitching. These were 1940s-early 1950s.

Could this be the same company? The only link is the bum design and of course that could have just been pirated. But perhaps this simplifies our uncertainty.
I have one of these in which the Bum has fewer/coarser whiskers. The maker actually had an alternate/backup silkscreen of the Bum.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I have one of these in which the Bum has fewer/coarser whiskers. The maker actually had an alternate/backup silkscreen of the Bum.
Awesome! Certainly the best looking bum. The Ad Flag bum with his huge claw hand belongs on the national predator registry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 404E0EB6-86F4-42D0-9297-F407CCAF108B.jpg (21.0 KB, 272 views)
Old 12-23-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
My “joke” missed the mark….I was making a little “folds in the playoffs” joke. Love ya, Kyle!
Hey, my team didn't fold in the playoffs. We won the series that mattered most

If anyone's interested in a Wrigley Field reproduction burgee flag for their team, several still exist and can be purchased from ADFLAG's storefront on etsy, here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Advertisin...on_id=32600005

There's even a San Francisco one left for Rob and Bocca to fight over!

I can attest for the quality of them. They might even last a full season on the rooftop above Wrigley.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2021, 10:04 PM
Rob

Quote:

If anyone's interested in a Wrigley Field reproduction burgee flag for their team, several still exist and can be purchased from ADFLAG's storefront on etsy, here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Advertisin...on_id=32600005

There's even a San Francisco one left for Rob and Bocca to fight over!
Damn you, Kyle! I needed that like I need a hole in my head. I already have two "game used" and I have absolutely no place to display it....but I bought it anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-02-16 03.30.08.jpg (77.1 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-02-17 03.16.45.jpg (76.0 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 10.00.53 PM.jpg (21.0 KB, 256 views)
Old 12-24-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Does this stuff keep you up at night, Greg?
No.
Old 12-24-2021, 08:24 AM
Marc

Glad you bought that, Rob! I almost almost almost did. Goes better with your collection.
Old 12-24-2021, 08:32 AM
Rob

Quote:
Glad you bought that, Rob! I almost almost almost did. Goes better with your collection.
Well, it is different than my other two and I have room in the garage. It won’t be the first banner out there. In fact, it will be the sixth.
Old 12-24-2021, 08:32 AM
Rob

Oh, and Merry Christmas, pennant guys!
Old 12-24-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Oh, and Merry Christmas, pennant guys!
You, too!
Old 12-24-2021, 11:20 AM
Rob

Quote:
No.
I hope you know I was just giving you a hard time. I can't tell you guys how much I value the knowledge and insight you've all shared. Usually, I can't even keep track....but I do have all of Kyle's blog printed out and housed in a three ring binder. For me, collecting memorabilia is all about discovering the history and origins of the objects. There was a recent thread about insuring a card collection....I was going to chime in that I don't even bother with insurance because if my collection ever burned up or whatever, I would just have a good cry and probably not start over. I'm convinced I have memorabilia items that I could never find again. Getting a cash payout might ease the pain but it would never replace my "stuff." Now, with cards, there is no mystery as to age or origin and with enough money you can always (always!) replace them. I refrained from sharing this opinion because I didn't want to piss off the card guys.

We really, really need to do a book. It would have to be on a par with Muchinsky's pinback book and he set a very high bar. When we do this book , we are all going to have to send all our pennants to the same person, so that the pennants can be photographed in exactly the same setting. There's my suggestion for a start...
Old 12-24-2021, 03:55 PM
Gary

Quote:
I hope you know I was just giving you a hard time. I can't tell you guys how much I value the knowledge and insight you've all shared. Usually, I can't even keep track....but I do have all of Kyle's blog printed out and housed in a three ring binder. For me, collecting memorabilia is all about discovering the history and origins of the objects. There was a recent thread about insuring a card collection....I was going to chime in that I don't even bother with insurance because if my collection ever burned up or whatever, I would just have a good cry and probably not start over. I'm convinced I have memorabilia items that I could never find again. Getting a cash payout might ease the pain but it would never replace my "stuff." Now, with cards, there is no mystery as to age or origin and with enough money you can always (always!) replace them. I refrained from sharing this opinion because I didn't want to piss off the card guys.

We really, really need to do a book. It would have to be on a par with Muchinsky's pinback book and he set a very high bar. When we do this book , we are all going to have to send all our pennants to the same person, so that the pennants can be photographed in exactly the same setting. There's my suggestion for a start...

Merry Christmas everyone!

I agree that a book would be great.

When I started cataloguing all the pennants in this thread, my intention was to start organizing the pennants for numerous purposes like that. My thinking is that the first thing that' s needed is a way to uniquely identify each pennant.

(I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who uses the reference numbers from Muchinsky's book in their pin collection inventory. )

So far I have 1,360 pennant catalogued. Most have the graphics theme assigned and 41% have the manufacturer identified.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:

Of course! And actually I do lose a little sleep.

And yes I’d be all in on a book … however I can help.
Old 12-24-2021, 06:31 PM
Rob

Quote:

And yes I’d be all in on a book … however I can help.
You can start by getting several hundred pennants off your wall, out of their toploaders and ready to ship to the, yet unknown, photographer (Marc?).
Old 12-29-2021, 07:25 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

I know you all work with original pennants but my recent purchase, while it is a pennant, is a reproduction. Thing is, it will be the closest I will probably ever come to the original.

A 1924 WASHINGTON SENATORS World Champions mini-pennant.

I'm good with it, please be gentle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (77.5 KB, 205 views)

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
I know you all work with original pennants but my recent purchase, while it is a pennant, is a reproduction. Thing is, it will be the closest I will probably ever come to the original.

A 1924 WASHINGTON SENATORS World Champions mini-pennant.

I'm good with it, please be gentle.
Butch that looks great! Nice get.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:36 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Butch that looks great! Nice get.
Thank you sir. I like it!

B. T.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I know you all work with original pennants but my recent purchase, while it is a pennant, is a reproduction.
Nothing wrong, in my view Butch, with a well made reproduction. Most of your non-pennant friends won’t even notice!

But, technically speaking, your flag isn’t a pennant … it’s a burgee

I bought the ‘55 Brooklyn Dodgers version from the same seller and I’m quite happy with it.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:26 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Burgee??? That sounds somewhat strange.

'Hey how does this look on me? I just got this new burgee and it is a little tight around the waste. Does it make my butt look too big?'

Thanks for the correction. I did not know that. I am a rank amateur when it comes to the differences.

Cheers,

B. T.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:33 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Damn you, Kyle! I needed that like I need a hole in my head. I already have two "game used" and I have absolutely no place to display it....but I bought it anyway.
Those flags are AWESOME!
Old 01-03-2022, 02:59 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
I know you all work with original pennants but my recent purchase, while it is a pennant, is a reproduction. Thing is, it will be the closest I will probably ever come to the original. A 1924 WASHINGTON SENATORS World Champions mini-pennant. I'm good with it, please be gentle.
I love mine! Cool is cool, whether it's a hundred years old or brand new. If you're an actual collector of something, why would it matter? I couldn't believe how nice this recent acquisition was for the price when I had it in hand.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133896172683
Old 01-06-2022, 08:00 AM
Gary

It's been a little quiet on the Pennants thread lately so here's a new arrival today

I love these player photo pennants. I'm hoping to get some of the other Cubs Power Pennants to add to this.

I'm in two minds about whether to try and clean the small circle of dirt on the right side of the pennant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220106_141145.jpg (81.1 KB, 165 views)
Old 01-06-2022, 11:22 AM
Rob

Not a fan of the Cubs but I do like that pennant.

And thank you for reviving this thread!
Old 01-06-2022, 02:23 PM
Marc

Gary- I might try a bleach pen on that spot, depending on how valuable/near and dear the pennant is. Just to get it to the same shade of aged white as the rest of the pennant. I don't think I've ever tried a bleach pen or spot remover on a pennant, so maybe it would not work. Given all of the red on the pennant, seems like a soak is too risky. But, honestly, for a white pennant it doesn't look all that bad. I'd probably just leave it alone.

I was just killing a few minutes and noticed this modern/repo pennant (with the 1962 info listed) in the ebay sold items for $180.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (61.0 KB, 155 views)
Old 01-06-2022, 04:02 PM
Rob

Yeah, I saw the Giants pennant. Someone got took.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:35 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

In the "good old days" we could message the buyer and let him know he bought a reproduction for 6X its actual worth. Too bad ebay supports shill bidding and erroneous/deceptive listings like this with their new policies.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:03 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
In the "good old days" we could message the buyer and let him know he bought a reproduction for 6X its actual worth. Too bad ebay supports shill bidding and erroneous/deceptive listings like this with their new policies.
Not even a reproduction, since no original exists. And, yeah, I miss the “good old days.” I kind of understand why ebay curtailed our ability to message anyone but it sure came in handy when, for example, someone bought a group of pennants or a group of multiples.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:23 PM
Rob

Quote:
Thanks to my friends at ADFLAG for making this beauty available to me, recently....
I was going to email Kyle directly, since he may have interviewed someone at AdFlag for his blog, but maybe someone else here has input…

Kyle’s burgee says “Los Angeles.” The one I just purchased, directly from AdFlag, says “San Francisco.” I also have an orange on black “Giants” and a white on purple “San Francisco.” See post #6068 above. The white on purple came with “LOA” from the Cubs, dated 1998 and saying “this flag has been flown over Wrigley Field.” Worthpoint shows similar purple burgees. The recent AdFlag pickups were sold as “rooftop flags.”

EVERY picture I have ever seen of Wrigley’s centerfield scoreboard flags show flags with team (not city) names. Do the “rooftop flags” use the city names? For the life of me, I can’t find a clear picture of the rooftop flags.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:42 AM
Gary

Another new arrival...Brooklyn Dodgers Batter and Ball "Moon" (Catalog Ref: BKDG105-TBC)

I also had a go at cleaning the Cub Power Pennant. You can see the before and after.

Anyone have any tips for getting cloth pennants in a toploader? I've found that the felt pennants work by tapping the toploader but the cloth pennants don't work as well. Because the material doesn't have the same weight, I have a dickens of a time getting the tip to move all the way down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220107_095940.jpg (77.1 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg Cubs Pennant Cleaning.jpg (78.0 KB, 151 views)
Old 01-07-2022, 04:46 AM
Gary

Quote:
Gary- I might try a bleach pen on that spot, depending on how valuable/near and dear the pennant is. Just to get it to the same shade of aged white as the rest of the pennant. I don't think I've ever tried a bleach pen or spot remover on a pennant, so maybe it would not work. Given all of the red on the pennant, seems like a soak is too risky. But, honestly, for a white pennant it doesn't look all that bad. I'd probably just leave it alone.

I was just killing a few minutes and noticed this modern/repo pennant (with the 1962 info listed) in the ebay sold items for $180.
One of the things that I've noticed about the various repros and fantasy pennants is that the tassels seem to be out of place (e.g. more towards the center of the pennant). It's not always the case but often it is.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:48 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Default Things sometimes just work out fine.....

Many know my quest for the Bullets Championship pennant and the cleaning that I did on the one I finally found. Yeah, I cleaned it a bit too much and the edge bumper faded from a nice blue to a faded blue.

Fast forward to today..... Another pennant, slightly different but still a championship pennant came up on the bay for a crazy cheap price, $10.00

It has a very nice blue bumper and is very dirty like my first one is. So, I now have a bumper for my first one, thanks to my wife, she will make the sewing changes for me. And I have two Bullets pennants.

I will clean this one too, but only after the bumper is removed. Both bumpers will be swapped and the faded one will get a Rit Dye session before it goes back on this pennant below.

SCORE!!!! x2!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (80.8 KB, 146 views)

Old 01-07-2022, 08:24 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
Another new arrival...Brooklyn Dodgers Batter and Ball "Moon" (Catalog Ref: BKDG105-TBC)

I also had a go at cleaning the Cub Power Pennant. You can see the before and after.

Anyone have any tips for getting cloth pennants in a toploader? I've found that the felt pennants work by tapping the toploader but the cloth pennants don't work as well. Because the material doesn't have the same weight, I have a dickens of a time getting the tip to move all the way down.
Cubs Power looks great!

As far as toploaders (which I don't use often), I've used a dowel and/or a 3' ruler to "guide" the tip.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:26 AM
Rob

Quote:
Many know my quest for the Bullets Championship pennant and the cleaning that I did on the one I finally found. Yeah, I cleaned it a bit too much and the edge bumper faded from a nice blue to a faded blue.

Fast forward to today..... Another pennant, slightly different but still a championship pennant came up on the bay for a crazy cheap price, $10.00

It has a very nice blue bumper and is very dirty like my first one is. So, I now have a bumper for my first one, thanks to my wife, she will make the sewing changes for me. And I have two Bullets pennants.

I will clean this one too, but only after the bumper is removed. Both bumpers will be swapped and the faded one will get a Rit Dye session before it goes back on this pennant below.

SCORE!!!! x2!
Right on, Butch! You're lucky your wife is a seamstress. As far as removing the spine, a single edge razor blade works well.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I was going to email Kyle directly, since he may have interviewed someone at AdFlag for his blog, but maybe someone else here has input…

Kyle’s burgee says “Los Angeles.” The one I just purchased, directly from AdFlag, says “San Francisco.” I also have an orange on black “Giants” and a white on purple “San Francisco.” See post #6068 above. The white on purple came with “LOA” from the Cubs, dated 1998 and saying “this flag has been flown over Wrigley Field.” Worthpoint shows similar purple burgees. The recent AdFlag pickups were sold as “rooftop flags.”

EVERY picture I have ever seen of Wrigley’s centerfield scoreboard flags show flags with team (not city) names. Do the “rooftop flags” use the city names? For the life of me, I can’t find a clear picture of the rooftop flags.
As a matter of fact, yes, I did interview the current owner of ADFLAG when I wrote my last piece on them: Mike Olson. He is Frank F. Smith's, the company's founder, grandson.

Mike advised that, sometime ago, all the Wrigley burgee flags--both rooftop and scoreboard--listed the teams by city names. More recently, the team switched to team names. The current offering of burgee flags on ADFLAG's etsy storefront (obviously) never flew above Wrigley; they were made for and retained as samples. Additionally, as rooftop flags, you'll note they feature a pair of brass grommets on their spine, whereas the scoreboard variant features a pair of "D" rings. I believe the scoreboard variant, today at least, is slightly smaller in size than in decades past, due to National League expansion.

Last edited by Domer05; 01-07-2022 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-07-2022, 11:23 AM
Rob

Quote:
As a matter of fact, yes, I did interview the current owner of ADFLAG when I wrote my last piece on them: Mike Olson. He is Frank F. Smith's, the company's founder, grandson.

Mike advised that, sometime ago, all the Wrigley burgee flags--both rooftop and scoreboard--listed the teams by city names. More recently, the team switched to team names. The current offering of burgee flags on ADFLAG's etsy storefront (obviously) never flew above Wrigley; they were made for and retained as samples. Additionally, as rooftop flags, you'll note they feature a pair of brass grommets on their spine, whereas the scoreboard variant features a pair of "D" rings. I believe the scoreboard variant, today at least, is slightly smaller in size than in decades past, due to National League expansion.
Thanks for the info, Kyle. I would still like to see a picture of any flag (scoreboard or rooftop) with city names, because I have yet to find one....
Old 01-07-2022, 12:11 PM
Marc

Gary- for the cloth pennants and toploaders, I use a modern stiff pennant, put the cloth one on top of the modern (with the cloth tip hanging over a bit), and then slide them into the toploader together. Then pinch the end of the toploader to grab the cloth pennant and slide out the modern pennant. That usually gets me pretty close and easy to adjust the rest of the way.

Here is my most recent Giants pickup. I've seen mini versions of this pennant many times, but don't recall seeing a full size version. This is full size, with good colors. It was clearly stored folded up and out of the sun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NY Giants pitcher.jpg (59.5 KB, 130 views)
Old 01-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Rob

Quote:
Gary- for the cloth pennants and toploaders, I use a modern stiff pennant, put the cloth one on top of the modern (with the cloth tip hanging over a bit), and then slide them into the toploader together. Then pinch the end of the toploader to grab the cloth pennant and slide out the modern pennant. That usually gets me pretty close and easy to adjust the rest of the way.

Here is my most recent Giants pickup. I've seen mini versions of this pennant many times, but don't recall seeing a full size version. This is full size, with good colors. It was clearly stored folded up and out of the sun.
Wow! Full size? Great pickup, ya bastard.