NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Default an ebay scammer

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

Wasn't sure if this was the venue, but I vented to ebay without resolution and needed to tell someone who cares, .

Just wanted to make everyone aware of another ebay "bad egg". (ebay item #1831527418, userid karz-r-us, fraud complaint #2000320938 filed July 22)

and was told by another screwed by him ebayer he also goes by psa1, real name Gary Moser.

Heres the brief synopsis: He had what described as a NM+++ rare N28 Doc Carver. I emailed him and told him my concern with ungraded cards being trimmed and informed him that if I bought it, it would be submitted to SGC for grading and if he saw any problems with that. He assured me the card was full size and if there were any problems to just let him know.

First bid was 28 cents, with a reserve. As it ended, I put in a big number in my sniping software and got it for the reserve of $99.99 (my bid was the only bid on the card). After getting and examining the card, it was not only trimmed top to bottom, but side to side. 7 emails, 4 phone calls with messages left (after getting contact information from ebay), still more emails without a response, I decided to just send the card back with a nice note telling him my problem with the card, and to take any ebay expenses incurred out of my refund.

After another month of not hearing anything, I submitted a "fraud complaint" against him through ebay and waited (July 22). My time was running out for submitting feedback for this transaction last week and I wanted to make sure other ebayers were aware, so I submitted a big fat negative on him (the only one I've ever left for anyone, and my only bad ebay experience) accusing him of having my money, the card, fraud and for other buyers to BEWARE.

Well, I got my first negative feedback out of it (after 450 or so positive ones), I see on ebay today that my fraud complaint has been closed without resolution (hes one of those untouchable power sellers), I submitted a feedback removal form last week to get his retaliatory feedback removed from my history (they say it takes 3 days for this particular kind of complaint to be considered) without any satisfaction, I'm out my money, I'm out the worthless card, I'm mad as hell, and I feel better now.

Old 09-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Default an ebay scammer

Posted By: Dr.Koos

....Gary Moser, let me see..Moser, Moser, Moser..I know that name from somewhere. I HATE that! It's on the tip of my tongue and I can't place it..Moser, Gary Moser, Mo-ser, rhymes with no sir. BRIAN....Help me out here...where the Hell do I know that name from???

Old 09-04-2002, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Default an ebay scammer

I reread my post and want to be crystal clear on this userid (I had misspelled it):

kardz-r-us

Old 09-04-2002, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Default an ebay scammer

Posted By: Elliot

Your problems with the card are with the same guys that sold Koos the Mantle and the Joe Jax. They go under a variety of eBay names---psacard, psacard1, bedrock-auctions, and some others that I can't recall at the moment. Kardz-r-us is their ungraded card eBay name. What happened to you, unfortunately,. has happened to a number of other people who have bought cards from them. They do have some morals, so I think there is a possibility that you will get the trimmed card back, if you pursue it.

Old 09-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Default an ebay scammer

Posted By: jeff sackmann

psacard, psacard1 and the like are affiliated with this crew of unsavory types.

I, however, have for several years now used the eBay handle "psa1." Whatever else one might say about me, I am completely unaffiliated with these people--I'm just making a joke about the general condition of the cards I collect.

Jeff Sackmann

Old 09-04-2002, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Default an ebay scammer

Posted By: jay behrens

I wish you would ahve contacted me. When it comes to cards with Wild West themes and Indians I've become a bit of an expert over the past 6 months. I saw the card you are talking about and took a flyer on it becuase I it was obvious to me that it had been trimmed. I've have also handles enough A&Gs to know when a card seems to be missing a white area. (Hard to call it a boarder since there really isn't one.

I've been looking to add Carver, Hickock, Oakley and the others to my Indian collection but it always seems the ones offered are either too high a grade for me, slabbed (which means they are gonna sell high again) or trimmed or butchered in some other way.

Old 09-04-2002, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default an ebay scammer

Jeff, I humbly apologize, and yes this was my mistake. I rechecked my email and the userid this guy told me about was psa-card, (NOT PSA1). I remembered your userid from ebay competition on vintage cards is all and should have checked my email before I posted something adverse like that.

Sorry, and will be more carefull in the future, Keith

Old 09-04-2002, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default an ebay scammer

Posted By: jeff

Keith - glad I was around to clear it up.

Old 09-04-2002, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Default an ebay scammer

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

Art Vondole ( check expired registration )

"coach dools" Richard,clue them in

PSA-Cards, PSA-1 beanieman,beanies,

"neverpayfullprice" and one new one I will have to research.....