NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
They keep a list of the serial numbers of some high end cards that they intentionally undergrade and are candidates for doctoring. Maybe they graded a Goudey Ruth a 6 that should have been a 7. Now, they have someone monitor auctions. If a card on their list comes to auction, someone they know buys it. It gets doctored and magically becomes an 8. It is an 8 because THEY ARE THE ONES WHO GRADE IT! They undergraded it originally, purchase it, doctor it, grade it a second time, then consign it.
I have privately thought this as well. I have had cards come back real head scratchers on subs I did several years ago. One or two cards per sub would grade really low for the condition. Then when they started doling out half grades, I have had cards come back with the half grades when they should have been shoo-in's for at MINIMUM the next grade up. That made me think that maybe the half grades on cards were red flags for the graders to look at for undergraded cards. My last sub in particular, every single card seemed at least one grade too low. That being said, I believe this is a very plausible theory.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:41 AM
Barry Sloate

I agree Peter that it's a complicated issue with many answers. I also feel the only thing that can really defeat the card doctors is the marketplace. If people stopped buying their product, they would go away, and find another way to rip off the public, like stealing hub caps. But as long as their product is very marketable and in very high demand, they will continue with business as usual.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:46 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I agree Peter that it's a complicated issue with many answers. I also feel the only thing that can really defeat the card doctors is the marketplace. If people stopped buying their product, they would go away, and find another way to rip off the public, like stealing hub caps. But as long as their product is very marketable and in very high demand, they will continue with business as usual.
People are not going to stop buying cards, for the reasons listed above, and others, and perhaps more importantly that many buyers aren't aware of the issue. The only thing that has potential to stop it in my opinion is the criminal justice system.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Barry Sloate

But the criminal justice system doesn't seem to want to get involved.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:39 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
But the criminal justice system doesn't seem to want to get involved.
L.E. would get involved if enough people made a ruckus. They couldn't simply ignore it. It sounds like Leon has contact information for a lot of these people. All of these "contacts" have email addresses, telephone #'s, etc. where they can EASILY be contacted. Just because L.E. may occassionally monitor the board, doesn't mean they're necessarilly reading all of the threads. Thus, when one of these forgery and/or alteration issues shows up on here, someone could contact L.E. and point them in the direction of the appropriate thread.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Paul

I stopped buying PSA product of any value when I started getting trimmed cards back in holders. About 10 years ago I sent 40 PSA T206 cards graded 4-6 to be crossed over by SGC. SGC graded 30 of them, but refused to grade 10, because of minimum grade or trimming. That was a huge eye opener for me.

I live close to Parsippany, and since then I have met the good folks at SGC, including the graders, many many times. I think I would have more reservation about them if I didn't know them a little and how their process works. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they have had the same 2-3 graders behind the curtain for the past decade or more. One of those guys is Bob Luce. I have had countless conversations with him at shows and at their shop about grading standards, and my concerns. These kinds of conversations go a long way toward providing confidence in their product.

My view is if you have doubts and concerns, pick up the phone. Ask to speak to someone at SGC. They will talk to you. Their customer service is excellent. Go to a show and meet the graders. It goes a long way toward providing the comfort so many are seeking.

One of my very first posts on the original Net54 about 10 years ago was about how it didn't matter what a card's actual grade was, but instead it was just what PSA said it was. The holder makes the card a liquid asset. People treat PSA graded cards like stock or currency. You know in the back of your head that the system has all sorts of issues, but it's like a pyramid scheme. Everyone is happy to be in the scheme when they're making money, but you had better have some independent confidence about your collectible if the system ever crashes.

We're going on 20ish years of this system and none of these complaints are new. Heck, it is accepted fact that the most valuable card in the world is a PSA slabbed trim job. But as long as people treat the holder as a liquid asset, then it doesn't matter if your collectible isn't what you think it is. And as long as PSA is the perceived industry standard, the system will live on.

Collectors, particularly in the internet age, will always need a third party to certify to the buyer that what the seller is selling is pretty close to what he says it is. Like buying a house, you will want to have an inspection. But the inspector may miss something. Or the inspector may be a criminal. In the end, you do the best you can do with the information that is available and make as informed a choice as possible. It's pretty much like anything in life.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 08-28-2013, 07:49 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
My answer is that as long as the label reads "8", it's an "8." Case closed. But I think it's more than that.
Barry, I think you're right, but I don't think there is more than that. I think we try to overthink things and complicate them looking for answers. The top dogs on the set registry don't care about cards, they care about being number one. They'll take a crappy 9 over a high end 8 any day because they're jockeying for position on the registry.

Take this '57 Drysdale below that ended on eBay last night. It sold for $7100 which I believe to be a record (didn't verify that though). Now, look at the back. Do you really think that deserves a 9? Do you really think the guy that purchased it even cares about the back (or even looked at it before he bought it for that matter)? No, he only cares about what the flip says.

Do you think the buyer of that card would have given even $100 for the same card if it resided in a PSA 6 holder? No, because it’s not about the card, it’s about the flip and it wouldn't help him on the registry. That PSA 9 Drysdale will help that buyer on the registry and that’s all that matters to him. You're right, as long is the label reads “8” (or whatever number they buyer is looking for), then the card is that number in his mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-Topps-1...#ht_950wt_1042

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 08-28-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
How true and there lies the problem: the vast majority of the collectors either accept it and live with it and continue to spend a lot of money, while others deny there's even a problem.

I tried very hard to get at least 4 law enforcement agencies involved and there a lot of legal hurdles. One big problem is that people outside of the hobby just don't feel the weight of the problem since there aren't any industry standards of what constitutes card doctoring as fraud as opposed to "acceptable" cleaning or repairing such as flattening bent corners or removing wrinkles. The coin industry tried to roundup a bunch of coin doctors several years back and ran into this same type of problem.

But like anything if there is a strong commitment, law enforcement can do something about it and something needs be done since it pretty much goes unchecked and all indications are that it is widespread among a significant number of dealers and there's no doubt its a multimillion dollar industry. If several of these miscreants go down hard, I'm sure it will scare off many more.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Barry Sloate

You're right David. That Drysdale has an ugly print line on the back and really not even perfect corners. Maybe it's a nice 7. And Dan, as always, good points. Law enforcement probably has too high a hurdle, so the industry will have to take care of its own business, assuming enough people care. They very well may not.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Paul

Default In re: Drysdale

Collectors' affinity for the PSA Set Registry rankings is de facto proof that collecting is driven for many by what PSA says, not what the card really is. You are collecting PSA cards, not baseball cards.

@SignedT206
Old 08-28-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipk1068 View Post

I have seen a lot of talk in this thread about card doctoring, some talk about incompetent graders, but what about collusion? Now, all you TPG defenders can start commenting on how whacky my conspiracy theory is.
Not entirely crazy, in my opinion. Ultimately, cash is king, and greed rules. I'm sure you could propose a few more scenarios that would be dismissed quickly and easily by the masses, but a higher degree of professional skepticism in this hobby may just be warranted as collectors continue to be taken advantage of. Sometimes, it's not so easy to piece the puzzle together, but the sharing of information by honest individuals is key to preventing future breakdowns. Thank you again for the contributions in this thread.

In instances of widespread collusion amongst willing and able parties (who may just set benchmarks and lay foundations for the hobby), collectors will always face uphill battles in their quests for personal fulfillment. Motivations for profit from people we don't know should never be underestimated.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Paul

Quote:
You're right David. That Drysdale has an ugly print line on the back and really not even perfect corners. Maybe it's a nice 7. And Dan, as always, good points. Law enforcement probably has too high a hurdle, so the industry will have to take care of its own business, assuming enough people care. They very well may not.
We can't even all agree that erasing a stray pencil mark isn't taboo. Or that soaking T206 cards to remove glue is okay. There is no universal standard. About the only thing everyone seems to agree on is trimming. And yet it's okay to cut strip cards by hand. The standard is a mess.

The only thing you have to "enforce" is what PSA and SGC "guarantee" to collectors. As long as they reasonably adhered to their guarantee, there is not much to complain about. You'd have to find proof of a conspiracy or illicit motive. Very hard to do behind the veil of the grading room.

@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 08-28-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:59 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Collector: Is it trimmed?
TPG: We don't see any signs of trimming.
C: Yeah, but is it trimmed?
C: Then it could be and you just don't see the signs?
TPG: Yes, but we don't see any signs of trimming.
C: I thought the point of TPGs was for certainty.
TPG: We guarantee that we did our best to determine alteration.

For the record, this is a fictional dialogue and not one I have had or know about, but based on all the outs and caveats within TPG literature, I think it's pretty safe to say that they guarantee nothing.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Collector: Is it trimmed?
C: Yeah, but is it trimmed?
C: Then it could be and you just don't see the signs?
TPG: Yes, but we don't see any signs of trimming.
C: I thought the point of TPGs was for certainty.
TPG: We guarantee that we did our best to determine alteration.

For the record, this is a fictional dialogue and not one I have had or know about, but based on all the outs and caveats within TPG literature, I think it's pretty safe to say that they guarantee nothing.
Perfectly illustrated. And herein lies the problem. This is why authorities have such a difficult time with it.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:14 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

There's a lot of "ifs", "ands", and "buts", in this guarantee:

SGC Guarantees that all cards submitted shall be graded by SGC grading experts in accordance with SGC grading procedures. In the event the owner of an SGC card believes that the card has been overgraded with respect to such procedures, the owner may resubmit the card to SGC for a review of the assigned grade.

If the grade determined under such review is lower than that originally assigned to the card, SGC shall, at SGC's discretion, either replace the card or pay the difference between the current fair market value of the card at the newly established grade and the current fair market value of the grade originally assigned to such card, in the form of either cash or grading credit. Due to the volatile nature of the sportscard market and Internet auctions/sales, the selling prices in these auctions do not necessarily represent the current fair market value of any particular sportscard. SGC will determine the current fair market value of a card which is assigned a lower grade on review, based upon what SGC believes to be reliable current market information. Clerical errors with respect to the description or grade of the card(s) which would be obvious upon inspection shall not be subject to the SGC guarantee stated herein.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:18 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Perfectly illustrated. And herein lies the problem. This is why authorities have such a difficult time with it.
Leon, do you have contact information for any of the L.E. people who view this board??? If so, can you share it??? (Not their personal contact information, their work contact information.) Or, if you just have their name and who they work for, I can figure out how to get ahold of them. Thanks.

Last edited by D.P.Johnson; 08-28-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson View Post
Leon, do you have contact information for any of the L.E. people who view this board??? If so, can you share it??? (Not their personal contact information, their work contact information.) Thanks.
I have contact information for all of them but I don't really want to put it out in public. Anyone can call them though, they are public servants. It is widely known that the FBI in Chicago is working on hobby cases of fraud. It is also known that the Secret Service in California is working on some cases in the hobby. If anyone wants to PM me or email me I will give more specifics but I don't want to have those folks deluged with calls from our board, if they aren't somewhat qualified. But again, this is America..... I am not the key holder to anything.... .
Old 08-28-2013, 09:30 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
I have contact information for all of them but I don't really want to put it out in public. Anyone can call them though, they are public servants. It is widely known that the FBI in Chicago is working on hobby cases of fraud. It is also known that the Secret Service in California is working on some cases in the hobby. If anyone wants to PM me or email me I will give more specifics but I don't want to have those folks deluged with calls from our board, if they aren't somewhat qualified. But again, this is America..... I am not the key holder to anything.... .
Ok. Thanks. I'll figure it out.

Last edited by D.P.Johnson; 08-28-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:45 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
We can't even all agree that erasing a stray pencil mark isn't taboo. Or that soaking T206 cards to remove glue is okay. There is no universal standard. About the only thing everyone seems to agree on is trimming. And yet it's okay to cut strip cards by hand. The standard is a mess.
You know, I was thinking, and I know this is probably going to be unpopular, but is the so called "undetectable trim" acceptable to collectors in the hobby? I will use the analogy with to the so called "undetectable pencil erasure." If both are undetectable, did they really occur? This is both facetious and serious in a way. Does this card deserve to be in a card with a number grade? For raw collectors, does this card deserve to have a note on it that it was trimmed?

For this argument, I will present this E120 Ruth that was sold in REA a couple of years ago: Link. I don't mean to pick on Rob, because Rob is one of the best, but in a way, that's precisely why because if even the best in the hobby use these words: "The trimming is very subtle and is impossible to detect without a trained eye." In fairness to Rob, he also states that the card was rejected by PSA for trimming, and PSA will never give the card a number grade. In addition, you can infer from the description, that the consignor for this card purchased it raw before the advent of TPG's, and he was never told that this card was trimmed. Therefore, if TPG's never existed, this card would be continued to be sold raw without anyone saying that it had been trimmed in the past. So the question is that if no one can detect the trim, there is no evidence of sheet cut (like the T206 Wagner, OPC Gretzky's, etc.), similar to the undetectable pencil erasure, is it a trim? Another example I will give is this CJ Joe Jackson where no trim was detected, but it was determined that it did not meet the minimum size requirements: Link. If this card were raw and TPG's never existed, would it still be sold as not meeting Minimum Size Requirements. In the age of TPG, does it deserve to be in a numbered holder?

Back to the E120 Ruth, and you knew this was coming, but PSA did end up grading it PSA 5.5: Link. Probstein again. It was recently for sale on ebay again here: Link. You know it's the same card because of the chipping in the top right corner. I don't know if the CJ Jackson has made it to a numbered holder yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did, and I think it's just a matter of time. The submitter will say to the grader, I don't see a trim, do you? Nope. Don't you think it deserves to be in a numbered holder? Some grader is going to say yes. The question is what the hobby thinks.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I just spoke with Joseph M Pankiewicz. He said if David will edit the title of this thread then he will come on the board and give his side of the story. He also said he would like any wording such as "Joseph M Pankiewicz is a ***** to the hobby" taken out too. I said I would ask David to do that but I won't force anyone to do anything, generally speaking. So, .......
Old 08-28-2013, 09:58 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I just spoke with Joseph M Pankiewicz. He said if David will edit the title of this thread then he will come on the board and give his side of the story. He also said he would like any wording such as "Joseph M Pankiewicz is a ***** to the hobby" taken out too. I said I would ask David to do that but I won't force anyone to do anything, generally speaking. So, .......
Done
Old 08-28-2013, 09:59 AM
pete ullman

I think it's time to start the popcorn?!

His side of the story...or the "truth?"

Last edited by ullmandds; 08-28-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Done
Thanks David (you can disregard the voicemail I left for you as it was only about this)

OK, I just spoke with Joe P. again. He said he will respond. I don't think it will be immediately but he will. I would guess it will be today, tonight or tomorrow....but he said he will and gave his word. So we shall see.....
Old 08-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Barry there are all sorts of rationalizations people give for themselves.

1. I am careful, I can avoid or minimize the problem. (mine)
2. It doesn't affect what I collect.
3. The problem isn't nearly as widespread as the conspiracy theorists claim.
4. It's all speculation, there is no proof.
5. TPGs do well by my submissions therefore I trust them.
6. I don't believe the conspiracy theories about inside jobs, favoritism, etc.
7. If it's in a holder it has a defined value so what difference does it make anyhow.
8. I just want to enjoy my hobby so I choose to avoid all the negativity.
+1

Good one! Made me laugh, I almost forgot we were talking about cards

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 08-28-2013, 10:12 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
OK, I just spoke with Joe P. again. He said he will respond. I don't think it will be immediately but he will. I would guess it will be today, tonight or tomorrow....but he said he will and gave his word. So we shall see.....
I would expect that he should need some time to get his ducks in a row. There are several things he needs to address:

Bumps
Card doctoring
Shilling

Please feel free to add to that list.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I would expect that he should need some time to get his ducks in a row. There are several things he needs to address:

Bumps
Card doctoring
Shilling

Please feel free to add to that list.
He said he had something written up but I would venture to guess he wants to really go over it before he comes on here.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
I am Canadian after all...they have to keep a close eye on us.
Yes, we wouldn't want the Whitehouse to accidentally burn down again now would we?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Eric Shaeffer

This ought to be very interesting. Like walking into a buzzsaw for him I fear.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Peter Spaeth

Maybe he needs time to consult with a spin doctor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-James_Carville_1.jpg (15.8 KB, 369 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Thanks David (you can disregard the voicemail I left for you as it was only about this)

The evolution of this thread has been completely surreal.

Leon,

Are you able to disclose whether this gentleman had joined the Forum previously?...I'm just anxious to know the "details", I guess.

Thanks.

RLR
Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Rich Klein

Default Note to off-center trading

And others. Don't we need our full names in this thread. Leon, please ensure that gets done
Old 08-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Paul

If the full truth would show he was not at fault, he should come clean.

If the full truth might subject him to further ridicule, he should either lie or get a lawyer before responding.

@SignedT206
Old 08-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Take this '57 Drysdale below that ended on eBay last night. It sold for $7100 which I believe to be a record (didn't verify that though). Now, look at the back. Do you really think that deserves a 9? Do you really think the guy that purchased it even cares about the back (or even looked at it before he bought it for that matter)? No, he only cares about what the flip says.

Do you think the buyer of that card would have given even $100 for the same card if it resided in a PSA 6 holder? No, because it’s not about the card, it’s about the flip and it wouldn't help him on the registry. That PSA 9 Drysdale will help that buyer on the registry and that’s all that matters to him. You're right, as long is the label reads “8” (or whatever number they buyer is looking for), then the card is that number in his mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-Topps-1...#ht_950wt_1042

That was my card. I bought it ungraded here, http://www.huntauctions.com/phone/im...05&lot_num=889. It was submitted and came back graded accurately in a much lower holder because of the print line and couple of touches to the corners which no longer seem touched. It was sold in the lower graded holder earlier this year. Amazing transformation.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Barry there are all sorts of rationalizations people give for themselves.

1. I am careful, I can avoid or minimize the problem. (mine)
2. It doesn't affect what I collect.
3. The problem isn't nearly as widespread as the conspiracy theorists claim.
4. It's all speculation, there is no proof.
5. TPGs do well by my submissions therefore I trust them.
6. I don't believe the conspiracy theories about inside jobs, favoritism, etc.
7. If it's in a holder it has a defined value so what difference does it make anyhow.
8. I just want to enjoy my hobby so I choose to avoid all the negativity.
Excellent post Peter - as usual.

The other major factor that seems to purge all rational thinking out of typically well educated and financially successful people is the Set Registry. If the competition factor wasn't enough, receiving Hall of Fame awards and being publicly recognized in the SMR and PSA's website pretty much inoculates anyone who just dropped six or seven figures building a "world class" collection from going public and saying, "This grading and registry concept is a sham and I've been had!"

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
That was my card. I bought it ungraded here, http://www.huntauctions.com/phone/im...05&lot_num=889. It was submitted and came back graded accurately in a much lower holder because of the print line and couple of touches to the corners which no longer seem touched. It was sold in the lower graded holder earlier this year. Amazing transformation.
Wow!

You didn't happen to scan it after it came back did you? Mind sharing the grade? It is described by Hunt Auctions as EX-EX/MT.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
And others. Don't we need our full names in this thread. Leon, please ensure that gets done
Sorry. I am new to the Forum, and I may have missed the request for full names. For some reason, I thought full names were used only in instances where someone had some legal responsibility for criticisms, accusations, etc. For the record, I do not normally post with my full name.

ROBERT L RUMCIK
o.c.trading

p.s. You're not getting my address.

Last edited by OFF CENTER TRADING; 08-28-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:05 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Wow!

You didn't happen to scan it after it came back did you? Mind sharing the grade? It is described by Hunt Auctions as EX-EX/MT.
I think I found it? Same print marks on front. Do you still have the original (better) scan. Amazing how it goes from a $154 card to a $7100 card
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ebayauction_image_serve.jpg (49.0 KB, 363 views)

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 08-28-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Paul

March 14, 2013 ebay auction - 190807734692

@SignedT206
Old 08-28-2013, 11:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
March 14, 2013 ebay auction - 190807734692
Yup, that's the one I found too. I would also be interested in knowing who purchased it (assuming Greg wouldn't mind divulging that information).
Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Peter Spaeth

Sounds like a little Hendrix is in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYcMkSSqPs

Old 08-28-2013, 11:43 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Nicely done, Peter. A timeless classic jam. Very appropriate. Dave
Old 08-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

s***2, he also won a PSA 7 Drysdale a month later.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Isaac Lane

Quote:

Sooo good.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:

"Go ahead on mister card grader, you can't dress like me...."

If a $150 card becomes a 7K card, then graders are just minting money.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 AM
pete ullman

agreed Barry...I've been sayin' it for years...the TPG'ers ARE printing money!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I guess Joe is reading this string. He just told me, via email, that he is still not ok with the title. He said if we want a response then it needs to be changed again. I told him that if he doesn't respond then I will most likely start one or more threads with titles he will like even less. He even gave a suggestion of

... "some people are unbelievable or outrageous."

and went onto say if we want a response then that is what he wants. So there ya go....I am just a messenger here folks.....
Old 08-28-2013, 12:06 PM
pete ullman

I feel like i'm entering..."the twilight zone!"

How about the title..."If it looks like a duck..."

Last edited by ullmandds; 08-28-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:08 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I guess Joe is reading this string. He just told me, via email, that he is still not ok with the title. He said if we want a response then it needs to be changed again. I told him that if he doesn't respond then I will most likely start one or more threads with titles he will like even less. He even gave a suggestion of

... "some people are unbelievable or outrageous."

and went onto say if we want a response then that is what he wants. So there ya go....I am just a messenger here folks.....
Leon, please feel free to change the title as you see fit. I don't want to keep changing it just because it's not satisfactory to him. You talked to him, so maybe you have an idea what will satisfy him. I just think this is his way of stalling.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 PM
N.ate A.dams

Easy solution!

I feel like we're dealing with a terrorist making requests before he comes out with his hostage (which, in this case, is "his side" of the story).

Last edited by npa589; 08-28-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:13 PM

Default Some People

Let me grab my bag of popcorn...

Z Wheat