NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Default Shill anyone?

Posted By: Josh K.

Anyone think this guy is shilling. I noticed that groff1505 (feedback 1 - ebayer since June 06) has been bidding on all of this guys high dollar cards (wagner, matty and young). Ive also checked and found that he has never bid on any item other sellers items and teh only item he has ever won was sold by the same seller - and it was a $25 watch. He has no history of ever bidding on baseball cards.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=190007315588

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=190007707566

Old 07-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Default Shill anyone?

Posted By: Richard

yikes! poor Toby.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default Shill anyone?

Posted By: John S

Seeems as though Derik916, although he has proven that he has the goods, is getting a bit greedy.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Default Shill anyone?

Posted By: Bob Pomilla

This is not new for the seller. I pointed this out when he first posted the Sporting Lifes a month ago.

Grandfather's Attic? Grandfather's Attic?
June 15 2006 at 1:30 PM
Bob Pomilla (Login BrickyardKennedy)

Response to Grandfather's Attic?

One of the bidders on the Wagner is the zero feedback groff1505, whose only other apparent purchase is a watch from the same dealer as the M116's. And now he's bidding hundreds on the Wagner? Does anyone else find this funny?

Old 07-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Default Shill anyone?

Posted By: Matt

What does Ebay do though?

Even if there is a high probablity of shilling...

So they will suspend Derik916's account...no one gets money back ...correct...

If you want that card...it seems like you have no other option...

Old 07-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Default Shill anyone?

Posted By: Joann

Wow.

So Toby gets wise, cancels his bid, evidently scares the bejesus out of our friend Derik, who heads for the hills by cancelling the shill within two minutes of Toby's cancellation .... and then gets NARU'd anyway. As does the shill. And the card ends up going for only $12 higher than Toby's bid.

Without the antics, Toby would have probably won the card outright, and the seller would have gotten the same amount anyway. Looks like no one won here.

I just hope that the people who won and paid for the last few more expensive cards aren't added to that list. If Derik got NARU'd before he shipped, he just might decide to really be nasty.

I bought a really cheap card from him and received it no problem. But not the high roller stuff. Still, I'm glad I got my card before ebay got him

Joann

Old 07-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Default Shill anyone?

Posted By: bigfish

I e-mailed this guy after I bid and soon after saw the same person bid mulitple times on the Young and Matty without beating me. This really chapped my ass so I e-mailed him. He told me his ex-girlfriend was the bidder and was out to ruin his life. I e-mailed him back and said wow...wish my ex-girlfriends tried to ruin my life by driving up my ebay auctions. Really bad excuse by the way. Guess it could be true? Not surprised to learn the Waddell I was watching has been shut down. Guess I started a chain reaction but I was not going to buy the card on principle alone. Anyone has an m116 Young?