NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Frank Prisco

Default Ted Taylor CERT.

Any advice or info on Ted - Thanks Frank
Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 PM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:59 PM
keith janosky

You won't find one person on here supporting him except if he chimes in and supports himself
Old 02-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Chuck Tapia

the one thing you can say is that if you see STAT or TTA hologram on it, you know it's fake....JSA would fail it on principle and rightfully so. Unless the "Double Milachi Hologram Crunch" is played, ala Moral Less vs. JSA on AA, every damned single one that bears his name most likely a forgery.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Stat Authentic/TTA/Ted Taylor

Do you make a purchase of a Ted Taylor "certed" autograph?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Frank Prisco

no - i noticed his certs are coming up more and more - a client came in with some great looking ruth - gehrig and speaker - i passed on all - but i know Ted had a big name in the hobby at one time
Old 02-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Ted Taylor?

I'm curious, when did Ted Taylor ever have a "big name" in the hobby?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Jimmy

Is this the same Ted Taylor?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Ted Taylor

Yes, Jimmy, that's the Ted Taylor we are referring to. And he's the same Ted Taylor who "authenticated" the below Ty Cobb offering now on Coach's Corner. The man who writes on his website "Why not trust all your hobby and authentication needs to someone who has lived and breathed the hobby for decades?"

TY.jpg
Old 02-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Frank Prisco

- INFO on ---Ted Taylor has been a life-long baseball fan and collector of baseball cards and sports memorabilia. He began writing a hobby column back in the early 1970s and has been writing it someplace ever since. He was first president of The Eastern Pennsylvania Sports Collectors Club and co-promoter of the Philadelphia Baseball Card & Sports Memorabilia Shows. He served as VP of the Fleer Corporation (1991-97) and was co-founder and the first President of The Philadelphia Athletics Historical Society (1996-99). Ted can be reached at ted@tedtaylor.com where he is managing partner of STAT Authentic LLC (www.statauthentic.com), a sports/celebrity authentication, appraisal and acquisitions company.
CCA and Ted Taylor are flooding PA. with stuff - and this is the same Ted Tayor
Old 02-17-2011, 09:38 AM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:29 AM

My sister had a preview of her art exhibition in a local art magazine. I said, "THat's an impressive writeup." She said, "I know. I wrote it."
Old 02-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

Tell me, Whats the difference between TT and all the rest of the authenticators who fail good stuff and pass crap all the time? Oh i see, it's a name.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Ted Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
Tell me, Whats the difference between TT and all the rest of the authenticators who fail good stuff and pass crap all the time? Oh i see, it's a name.
Ted Taylor's reputation in the hobby has been earned by Ted Taylor himself. When I look at a "Stat Authentic" or "TTA" certed autograph I never assume it will be bad; I will always look at the autograph. The problem is that when I do examine a "Stat Authentic" or "TTA" certed autograph I have yet to see one that I would consider authentic. If you can show me one, Frank, please bring it to my attention. Are you aware just how rare Beatles signed albums are? And yet every four weeks on the Coach's Corner auction site there is a Beatles signed album certed by Ted Taylor. That's thirteen (13) signed Beatles albums certed by Ted Taylor in just one year. And they usually sell for under $2,000. Don't you think if they were authentic, that all Beatles collectors and experts would pick them up at those low final bid prices and flip them for between 8-10 times the amount realized on the Coach's Corner auction site? But yet you never see those Beatles albums being sold at Hunt Auctions or Lelands. And the fact that all "Stat Authentic" COAs are on Ebay's banned list. Think about that, Frank. Ted Taylor's reputation in the hobby is the doing of Ted Taylor. Below is the latest Beatles signed album certed by Ted Taylor. So far the bidding is up to a whopping $383.00 as of 02/17/2011.

Beatles.jpg
Old 02-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Jeff

Default ?

What happened with him? He seemed to be a respected hobby figure for a long time and now it seems like his name is mud. As I recall, he was working for or with Fleer for a while as well. Was he always involved in activities questioned by others or was this a more recent development?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:40 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I know he was VP at Fleer. He used to write a card collector column in the Phila. Daily News. I remember a lot of Fleer uncut sheets showing up in Coaches Corner back in the day. Then I saw Ted writing auction reviews for them in SCD. Then he started authenticating for them.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:45 PM

This beauty was on eBay last night at a $3,750 starting point. Think it's been pulled.

TTA, is basically STAT and their LOA's are prohibited on eBay. The only difference is that STAT included Jeremy Stevens, and Ted Taylor then decided to go it solo.

Kind of like 1980's super duo Wham splitting so one could begin a successful solo career, while Andrew Ridgely just kind of vanished.

DanC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ottandco.jpg (20.6 KB, 132 views)
Old 02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post
This beauty was on eBay last night at a $3,750 starting point. Think it's been pulled.

TTA, is basically STAT and their LOA's are prohibited on eBay. The only difference is that STAT included Jeremy Stevens, and Ted Taylor then decided to go it solo.

Kind of like 1980's super duo Wham splitting so one could begin a successful solo career, while Andrew Ridgely just kind of vanished.

DanC
Only Taylor, Morales and AAU would cert crap like that.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Scott

Agreed sir, especially that Gehrig.