NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Joe Drelich

Default P.A.L. Tuesday night card show & Auction TODAY February 6th 3:30-8:00 Parsippany NJ

Come visit us at the monthly Tuesday night Parsippany P.A.L. sports card show and live auction ! Come and browse 30-35 table sports card & collectibles show and bid in the LIVE AUCTION presented by Scott Russel of Birmingham Auctioneers. This months auction will feature 75+ lots of vintage and modern sports cards and collectibles, autographs etc. Viewing for the auction will start at 5:30 in the same room as the show. The Auction will start at roughly 7:00-7:15 and run approx. 60 minutes. Please check out birminghamauctioneers.com for a list of most items. We hope to see you there as this is a live bidding only auction. There are no phone or internet bids.

Regarding the card show:

SGC as well as REA Auctions are set up on a regular basis, CAS Authentication is on site and available to authenticate autographs while you wait. SGC is offering free drop off, discounted specials as well as a guaranteed 30 day turnaround on your order (drop off in January pick up in February). Admission is $1. We are giving away two $20 door prizes this month at 5pm and 6pm . If your interested in dealer tables send me a message. Our website is up and running it has a more updated updated dealer list with contact information as well as show information. www.palcardshow.com

A brief history of the show: It started in 1981 and through the sports card boom of the 80's grew into a weekly Tuesday night show. At it's peak the show had 70+ tables (with a waiting list a mile long) and drew crowds of 600-800 people regularly for many years. Mike Gordon of Gordon Sports was the owner for many,many years. Mike has since passed and the show stopped running in the summer of 2015.

It's a great location right off of Rt.46/Rt.287/and Rt.80. Parsippany NJ P.A.L. 33 Baldwin Road. If your in the area please stop by and check it out !

Thank You very much for all of the Net54 support !

Joe Drelich

www.palcardshow.com

Last edited by NC-Vintage; 02-06-2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Updating dates for show
Old 10-01-2016, 01:56 PM
qualitycards

Joe I used to love that show in the day.
Wish I was closer, Good luck w/ it.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:53 PM

A welcome return! Good luck with the show - I'll try for the November show.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Good luck, my office is around the corner. I can't make it on Tuesday but will try in November.

Jeff
Old 10-02-2016, 05:51 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Been there several times in the past

This used to be a real good show. Good luck Joe. If i get back into doing shows I will be calling you.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Rich Klein

Always good to see show returning. The PAL show was awesome back in the day and I always tried to stay when I came up on vacation just to attend that before going back to DFW.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Joe, good luck to you. Sorry I can't make it this week but I plan to be a regular visitor.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

20 minut s drive. Count me in. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

They are very lucky the Mets wildcard game is Wednesday ........
Old 10-03-2016, 11:06 AM

Hi All,

I just wanted to mention that I will be at the Parsippany PAL show accepting submissions tomorrow night Tuesday October 4th from 4 pm - 8 pm.

We will be running a show special for cards only submitted at the show. $7 per card with a max. value of $250 Customers can pick up their cards at the next PAL show which is Tuesday November 1st. We will not be charging an inbound shipping fee, but a $5 return shipping fee will apply. Of course customers may submit cards under any of our grading tiers as well.

We are looking forward to the show and hopefully some Net54 members can attend. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Sean Skeffington-SGC
Old 10-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Brian Dwyer

REA will be there accepting consignments each month and we look forward to seeing the PAL show return to its former glory!

Please stop by to say hello.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Be.n C0z1n

Any updates from attendees? Good crowd?
Old 10-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I was there early (4:30). Crowd was light but building Joe, nice job.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:20 AM

How often will the Show repeat?. Missed this thread and the Show last night but would like to plan for some future events.
Next Show there?
RayB
Old 10-05-2016, 06:59 AM
Rich Klein

OP said 1st Tuesday of each month,
Old 10-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Joe Drelich

Default Post show information

Thank You for all the show well wishes, and for the Net 54 support, the show went off without a hitch. We ended up with 19 different dealers exhibiting
on 36 tables. There was a nice selection of vintage cards including pre-war and some high end graded cards (one dealer had 3- 1952 Topps M.Mantles for sale).17 of the 19 dealers have already confirmed they will be there for next months show on Tuesday November 1st.

Attendance was just over what I had hoped for, we had 53 customers come through the door ( my goal was 50) Our print advertising goes into effect on October 15th so I am hopeful attendance will grow towards the 100 mark for the next show. We also have a vintage card dealer Jeff Schenker who will be taking 4 tables with mostly pre 1975 material at the November show (he could not make it in October) SGC said they had a decent amount of submission drop offs as well. Sports Collectors Daily did a nice article on the show yesterday, here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...sey-card-show/

And here is the website for up to date show information.

www.palcardshow.com

Best to all

Joe D.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Scott Russell

How did I miss that you were the one doing the show Joe? Anyway November doesn't work for me but I think I'd like to give December a shot! Be cool to do the show from when and where I grew up!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 10-28-2016, 06:00 AM
Joe Drelich

Default 2nd show is ready to go Tuesday November 1st

we've added a few new dealers this month , so far we have 33 confirmed tables and 23 different dealers. Still have a few more tables available if anyone is interested send me a PM. Show runs from 4pm-8pm. Hope to see any of you locals there. We are giving away two $25 door prizes to be spent in the room at 5:30 and 6:30.

Joe D.

www.palcardshow.com

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 10-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I'll be there Joe. Looking forward to it. To the dealers setting up, if you have anything in the way of ephemera (not cards) please bring it.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 11-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Any Net54'ers going tonight?

Jeff
Old 12-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Joe Drelich

Hope to see some of you tomorrow night at the show. Thank You very much for all of the support thus far.

Joe

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 12-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Scott Russell

Last chance to see the e126 Sam Rice ghost before the net 54 auction closes! Come visit me, at... um... Joe are there table numbers?
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 12-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Joe Drelich

No table numbers, it's a small room ! You'll find Mr. Rice I'm sure,but if you can't just ask at the door and I'll point you in Scott's direction.

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 12-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Brian Dwyer

REA will be there tonight accepting spring auction consignments if anyone wants to stop by and drop items off in person.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Glenn

Default P.A.L. Tuesday night card show. Parsippany NJ December 6th 4pm to 8pm

I attended the show this evening, and was impressed. It was a small show, but had quite a bit of vintage. If you are in the area I certainly recommend you attend the January 2017 show.

I dropped off some cards with SGC, and spent a bit of time chatting with Joe. I took full advantage of the $7/card ($250/maximum) special, to be picked up at the next show early January 2017. That in itself is quite a convenience!

I circled the room and spent a bit of time speaking with Scott Russell and Michael Goldberg (REA).

Glenn
Old 01-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Joe Drelich

Default Our 4th show is set for tomorrow January 3rd 3:30-7:30 pm

We've added a few new dealers this month , so far we have 30 confirmed tables and 18 different dealers. We still have a few more tables available if anyone is interested send me a PM. Show runs from 3:30pm-7:30pm. We are giving away two $20 door prizes to be spent in the room at 5:00 and 6:00. If your in the
area please stop in and check out the show !

Happy New year !

Joe D.

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 01-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Scott Russell

Have added this to my show schedule for the foreseeable future. Come and shoot the breeze with me, hell maybe even buy something!

Old 01-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Rich Klein

Joe:

FYI -- and I'm sure of this. The 1st Parsippany shows and the short-living Livingston shows began in 1982, not 1981. Trust me on that one

Rich
Old 01-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Joe Drelich

Good Morning Rich,

Well, that could very well be. But I pulled my information from this article.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/collecto...ouse-of-cards/

Joe

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 01-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Had a great time. Saw Joe, Scott and others. Submitted a card to SGC for $7. Win win. I was there at 3:30 when it opened and was expecting it to be empty. It wasn't. Within 30 minutes there seemed to be 20 or so people and more by the time I left an hour later. Some really cool vintage stuff and I of course spent more $$ than I expected to. Was a lousy day weather wise, but from my vintage point seemed like a nice crowd early on. Hopefully more kept coming. Was really glad I went.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Scott Russell

What you saw was pretty much the peak, but it wasn't bad at all. Sold a T206 Zach Wheat and a pile of NM-MT 1970 Topps Basketball in addition to the usual slew of bargain bin stuff so not a bad way to kill a Tuesday afternoon. Now if only there wasn't the three hour drive home!

Old 01-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Glenn

Default P.A.L. Tuesday Evening Show

I again attended the show this evening. Thumbs UP.....Again, I was impressed with the variety of vintage. In addition to most of the prior December show vintage dealers, there were some new dealers this time. If you are in the area I certainly recommend you attend the February 2017 show.

I picked up from SGC my prior month submission of 80 cards, and spent a bit of time chatting with Joe. It was a great deal at the $7/card ($250/maximum) special.

I circled the room and spent a bit of time speaking with several of the dealers, including Nick, Scott and (from REA) Brian and Michael.

Glenn
Old 01-03-2017, 08:43 PM

Will be there in February. Looking forward to it.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Joe Drelich

Default May 2nd show and auction updated info.

The monthly Tuesday night Parsippany P.A.L. sports card show has a brand new announcement . Along with our regular 30-35 table card show we will now have a LIVE AUCTION presented by Dave Birmingham and Scott Russel of Birmingham Auctioneers. This months first kick-off auction will feature 100+ lots mostly vintage and viewing will start at 5:30 in the same room as the show. The Auction will start at roughly 7:15 and run approx. 75-90 minutes. Please check out birminghamauctioneers.com for a list of most items. We hope to see you there as this is a live bidding only auction. There are no phone or internet bids.

Regarding the card show:
SGC as well as REA Auctions are set up on a regular basis, CAS Authentication is on site and available to authenticate autographs while you wait.SGC is offering free drop off, discounted specials as well as a guaranteed 30 day turnaround on your order (drop off in January pick up in February). Admission is $1. We are giving away two $20 door prizes this month at 5pm and 6pm . If your interested in dealer tables send me a message.Our website is up and running it has a more updated updated dealer list with contact information as well as show information. www.palcardshow.com

A brief history of the show: It started in 1981 and through the sports card boom of the 80's grew into a weekly Tuesday night show. At it's peak the show had 70+ tables (with a waiting list a mile long) and drew crowds of 600-800 people regularly for many years. Mike Gordon of Gordon Sports was the owner for many,many years. Mike has since passed and the show stopped running in the summer of 2015.

It's a great location right off of Rt.46/Rt.287/and Rt.80. Parsippany NJ P.A.L. 33 Baldwin Road. If your in the area please stop by and check it out !

Joe Drelich

www.palcardshow.com

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 04-29-2017, 08:48 PM
Scott Russell

just added 27 lots to the auction. Check it out here:

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/sh...2&type=at&in=2

Old 05-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Scott Russell

Just wanted to take a second to thank those of you who came out to the show and auction. We will continue to strive to get better material, it's always a struggle with a new auction because consignors are leery, but we had some nice E95's, T206's, T205's as well as some good stuff through the years. The quality items got good prices, but with the amount of weaker items a number of things did manage to slip through the cracks (s74 Silk Miller Huggins for $5 anyone?) Anyway, hope you had a great time if you were there, and if you weren't I hope to see you next time!

Old 06-06-2017, 11:51 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Anyone going to be there today? I will be poking in at 3:45 or so for a quick stroll around and a submission for SGC.

Tom C

Last edited by btcarfagno; 06-06-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Joe Drelich

Default P.A.L. Tuesday night card show & Auction TODAY February 6th 3:30-8:00 Parsippany NJ

Come visit us at the monthly Tuesday night Parsippany P.A.L. sports card show and live auction ! Come and browse 30-35 table sports card & collectibles show and bid in the LIVE AUCTION presented by Scott Russel of Birmingham Auctioneers. This months auction will feature 75+ lots of vintage and modern sports cards and collectibles, autographs etc. Viewing for the auction will start at 5:30 in the same room as the show. The Auction will start at roughly 7:00-7:15 and run approx. 60 minutes. Please check out birminghamauctioneers.com for a list of most items. We hope to see you there as this is a live bidding only auction. There are no phone or internet bids.

Regarding the card show:

SGC as well as REA Auctions are set up on a regular basis, CAS Authentication is on site and available to authenticate autographs while you wait. SGC is offering free drop off, discounted specials as well as a guaranteed 30 day turnaround on your order (drop off in January pick up in February). Admission is $1. We are giving away two $20 door prizes this month at 5pm and 6pm . If your interested in dealer tables send me a message. Our website is up and running it has a more updated updated dealer list with contact information as well as show information. www.palcardshow.com

Joe Drelich

www.palcardshow.com

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com