NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

Default anyone have ebay dealings w/ surfcitycards

Just curious if anyone has had bad experiences with this seller. I currently have an ebay case open against him/her. To say the seller has been less than truthful with me is an understatement. Since he claims to have such a stellar reputation I was just wondering if others here have had any reason to doubt this sellers honesty and integrity. It seems as though I am filing cases now every other week against sellers for not shipping my merchandise in a timely fashion. I wonder if the curent evonomic conditions are to blame.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Joe M.

Hello, if you are not receiving items you won bids on, I can see opening cases. But, if you received the items you won, why open a case against the seller?

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 03-08-2011, 05:14 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
But, if you received the items you won, why open a case against the seller?
What if the item you won turns out to be a fake in a PSA case? Seems to be the latest trend for scammers on Ebay....
Old 03-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

what my collecting friends and i think is happening with some sellers is that they put cards on ebay and then the cards don't garner high enough ending prices. they then wait until a case is filed and then simply make up excuses as to why they didn't ship the merchandise.10 days later the buyer gets a refund and the seller gets to put the card back up for sale. Power sellers with 40,000+ feedback can take a negative feedback comment once in awhile also , so they don't even sweat that anymore. Between this type of behavior and the shill bidding that is rampant, I'm surprised the price guides can reflect accurately how much some cards are even really worth.
Since the seller in my case has refused to respond to Ebay, but has emailed me with several excuses, I expect a refund in a few days and the card I won to be put back up for sale on ebay again. I will undoubtedly bid on it again though LOL, or have a friend bid on it if this seller decides to block me for some reason.
i realize a lot of guys make their living selling cards, but Ebay is starting to give me that sour taste in my mouth that i got back in the early and mid 90's. A few bad apples can ruin it it for some of us I guess
Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

speaking of fakes. I have been gathering every PSA graded card I own that has a frosted looking mark on the holder. Does this usually mean the holder has been tampered with ? I own hundreds of PSA graded cards and am noticing that most of them have some frosting around the edges. Should I be worried ?? I bought most of my cards from very reputable dealers and auction houses, a very low percentage came from Ebay
Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Robert Williams

Usually a whole side will be frosted. I think a small area of frosting is perfectly normal (1/4" or less). If you see that frosted look all up and down a complete side, I would be worried however.....

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 03-08-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206DK View Post
I will undoubtedly bid on it again though LOL, or have a friend bid on it if this seller decides to block me for some reason.
I can't tell if you are serious but if you are, why in the world would you bid with this seller again?
JimB
Old 03-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
I can't tell if you are serious but if you are, why in the world would you bid with this seller again?
JimB
I would not bid on any of this sellers items again unless their customer service and attitude changed. it's unfortunate that the card I won from him/them rarely comes up for sale on Ebay.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Mike
Mich@el H@mel

I know this is an old thread but I did have a bad experience with this guy and I would stay away from him. I won a 1972 Topps Lou Brock PSA 8. He sent me an example of that card but it was different from the card pictured. It probably wouldn't have been an issue except it had an ugly spot in the white border. When I asked for an exchange, he said he'd only do one if I sent him the card pictured. What? He didn't send me the card in the picture! He only agreed to issue a refund when I disputed it with ebay. Every communication with the guy was dripping with attitude. Bad seller.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:45 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead2 View Post
I know this is an old thread but I did have a bad experience with this guy and I would stay away from him. I won a 1972 Topps Lou Brock PSA 8. He sent me an example of that card but it was different from the card pictured. It probably wouldn't have been an issue except it had an ugly spot in the white border. When I asked for an exchange, he said he'd only do one if I sent him the card pictured. What? He didn't send me the card in the picture! He only agreed to issue a refund when I disputed it with ebay. Every communication with the guy was dripping with attitude. Bad seller.
perfect example to neg a seller.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

how interesting. i dont buy many ebay cards, but i just bought one from this guy.

i will admit, it didnt look as good in person as it looked in the scans, but he shipped fast and the card is definitely the same one.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Mike
Mich@el H@mel

He sells a lot of cards so he's doing something right. But to me the mark of a good seller is how he deals with something out of the ordinary. In my case, he dealt with it by stonewalling and acting like I was trying to screw him. Although, in the end, he admitted that he didn't have the card in the picture and opted to refund my money rather than do the exchange. Oh well. He's still doing a brisk business from the look of things but it will never be with me.