NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Mark Macrae

Default Sacramento,California collectors show Saturday Jan 9

This Saturday (January 9th) there will be a sports collectors show at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 5321 Date Avenue (Just off I-80 / Madison) in Sacramento. The show is fast becoming one of the better shows in the Central Valley, attracting a growing number of vintage collectors and exhibitors. I will be set up with Alan O'Connor and Andy Bowers . Stop by and say hello. Feel free to bring along any surplus PCL material as well
Old 01-06-2016, 01:35 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Looking forward to it! See ya there.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Marvellous Mark

Mark

Looking forward to seeing you again Saturday!

Mark
Old 01-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Mike Mattsey

Will be there with my son. Looking for some trashy T206s and 34 Goudeys.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:31 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Hey Mark,
Is the Sacramento show similar to the San Leandro show? Does it feature a lot of the same sellers and what not? I've been through everybody's stacks so many times there that I need to start finding some greener pastures. The well has run dry.

And is it similar size-wise (number of tables/dealers/etc.)?

It's a bit of a long hike to get to Sac Town for me, so I have to make sure it would be a good move. My collecting focus is primarily 50's, 60's and early 70's cards.
Thanks.

--elm

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Mark Macrae

Dean and Mark...Look forward to seeing you on Saturday....Mike, I'm sold out of sub $20 T-206's (They sell relatively fast), but I do have some off grade '34 Goudey including High numbers that I'll bring along...Elm..The Sacramento show is about 40 tables, roughly half the size of St Leanders. There is overlap on exhibitors including promoters Steve and Chris, Bob Celani, Alan O'Connor, Andy Bowers, along with Matt Corin and Ken Larimore (who are substitute exhibitors in San Leandro), but there are other dealers who bring mid century material....not Kit Young quantities, but they do bring it. The show is regularly selling out and is generating enthusiasm in the region. Steve and Chris have only been promoting the show there for a few years, and they understand the balance that you need at shows. A good idea is to talk with some of the exhibitors about the specific items you are looking for, as many of them undoubtedly have more material at home base, or have access to other material. Not talking '52 Mantles for $500 here, but there is always something left behind.... For me, Sacramento is a 100 mile trip (a milk run), but understand that it is an investment in time for many to make it there and Saturday's weather is supposed to be non cooperative. You can email me privately as to your specific wants or stop by the table and we can arrange items for the next show... Drive safe All.....
Old 01-07-2016, 12:01 PM

Default Show...

Hi Mark,
Looking forward to it! I never know what to bring along and have limited space so if someone is looking for anything in particular, please send me a note. I don't have the pre-war material but if anyone is looking for publications (PCL, Yearbooks, Famous Sluggers, Sacramento River Cats, etc.) let me know and I'll bring it along.
Thanks,
Andy
Old 01-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Luis

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the heads up. Nice to have a show in the area.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Jim H

Mark,

I'll see you this Saturday.

Jim
Old 01-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Mike Mattsey

Picked up some Goudeys and a T206 Wiltse. Otis had fun opening packs. Fun show.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Mark Macrae

NIce to see everyone today... Otis stole the show. Somebody should have taken a picture of him tearing into the mountain of packs. The rest of us could only come close to the fun he was having.... See you in April