NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-19-2016, 11:33 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default Destroying Fake Green Cobb

greetings my new friends !

its true we are in possession of The Fake Green Cobb PSA6; read on ...

it seems as if came in a little hot; forgive me ... it was bad enough to have made such a horrible mistake but to hear that people are citing un-true facts on the situation troubled us ... so here we are.

I need to make clear in NO way have I threatened, intended to threaten, veiled threats or anything of the sort; often words are mis-read -- forgive me if my straight forward wording seemed sarcastic or confrontational -- when i say said "see you in Chicago" i included --come in peace -- every time.
Again sorry if this was mis-understood we come in peace and we rarely use sarcasm and we never veil threats.

ON TO THE MATTER AT HAND !

we are considering DESTROYING The Fake Green Cobb on video for all to see ! we are taking a temperature from all the net54 congregation to test your thoughts on this idea...
if we return the card to the person who sold it to us it will just re-surface elsewhere, right ? oh what a glorious sight to watch it burn ! and of course this is what should happen to this bogus thing, right ?

the seller of this card is making it very difficult to return the card and that's what got us thinking -- WHY just return it and get a refund (MAYBE) and then do what look the other way ? knowing someone else will eventually get fooled THEN be the bad guy for not knowing ? accussed of being a douche etc (wah-wah)

so let it burn !! don't be fooled YES this is for posterity a bit too; is that OK ?
what 'scam artist' would burn his own ware ? unthinkable !

so now the masses can chew this blurb up and post what a nut i am ?
OR maybe someone -- yes someone can ask the more important -- WHAT is going to happen to the card so this doesn't happen again ?! no-one has asked that ... no one. we have gotten virtual death threats and bad karma to boot yet no one really seems to care about the fate of the card !!

now tell me i don't have the balls.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Sean Costello

This sounds like a good idea. I hope that you go through with it.

It would make a much better impression on all of us than your previous posts and PMs have.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:49 AM
je.sse @rnot

I agree destroying the fake Cobb seems like the right thing to do. I would be happy with an honest answer to these three questions.

1. Where, or from who (whom?) did you purchase this card from.

2. When did you purchase it?

3. How much did you pay for it?

Answering these questions honestly and directly would go a long way toward restoring your credibility on this board, at least in my opinion, for what it's worth.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:55 AM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I agree destroying the fake Cobb seems like the right thing to do. I would be happy with an honest answer to these three questions.

Answering these questions honestly and directly would go a long way toward restoring your credibility on this board, at least in my opinion, for what it's worth.
I have to agree with my esteemed colleague here. If the seller remains anonymous, many more people would be at risk. If he can make one fake, he can make more. If he's exposed, we all would know to steer clear. (some of us are T206 noobs and much more prone to making a bad buy than some of the real experts on here)

thanx!
Old 08-20-2016, 08:15 AM
Al Richter

Puralis Majestatis ?
Old 08-20-2016, 09:19 AM

Default The Federales may have an interest here....

..you may certainly do whatever you wish to any property which is considered legally your property.....

...if you desire a refund ( to be made whole , like you mentioned ) the property ideally would be returned in the same condition....

...if there is to be a criminal case developed , then this by-now notorious counterfeit/fake/fraudulent "Green Cobb" is obviously the only evidence of any wrongdoing...

..if you've sent funds electronically across a few state lines and the seller used the United States Post Office to mail you the "Green Cobb", and your stated claim is that the seller knew of the deception , then an interesting can of worms has just been opened......

.... If the amount of money exceeded a certain threshold ,The Federales may be very interested in this , and you have a lot of leverage , a lot , to be made whole financially....
..please keep us informed ; this is becoming as good as "The Night Of" on HBO..

Old 08-20-2016, 09:25 AM
Scott ku.rtis

Speaking of HBO, I hear Bill Simmons ratings are flagging a bit. He goes to The National every year. Why not see if he would like to do a story on this, work backwards from your seller all the way back to where the original source is.

That would be so much more productive. Bring the card to each person and ask if they would like to buy it back for how much they sold it to the previous person, since of course it's a $22,000 card and all.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:36 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
This sounds like a good idea. I hope that you go through with it.

It would make a much better impression on all of us than your previous posts and PMs have.
I no longer feel special. I see the duo of Matt and Allison are PMing others besides me with their BS. Did they want you to call them also?LOL

Quote:

They are not interested in answering any real questions. Just the harassment.
Also how many times does anybody remember this fake Green Cobb being listed on eBay by Matt and Allison? They keep PMing me they only listed it once. I could be wrong but I seem to remember it listed more than once by them.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:59 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:

The green Cobb was discussed here about a month and a half ago. One of our own board members was trying to sell it on eBay. Ebay removed the listing. Isn't it pretty safe to assume he got it from that board member?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224728
Old 08-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
The green Cobb was discussed here about a month and a half ago. One of our own board members was trying to sell it on eBay. Ebay removed the listing. Isn't it pretty safe to assume he got it from that board member?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224728
What board member? I seen one accusation but nobody confirmed. I also asked in one of the other threads on this fake Cobb about the ID of the board member and all I got was crickets.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:42 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
What board member? I seen one accusation but nobody confirmed. I also asked in one of the other threads on this fake Cobb about the ID of the board member and all I got was crickets.
Since the eBay listing was removed, I honestly don't remember. I do remember it was definitely a board member though. I think I know, but I don't want to post that on the board and be wrong. I'll PM you with the member's nam that I think it was.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:48 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default Ben

no Ben, NO ONE else was offered our number -- only you.

was anyone else offered our number to call us ? if so speak up !

was ANYONE ELSE here PMed by us offering to speak on the topic and disclose extra info ? if so speak up ! (silence)

NOOOO one was Ben, only you were offered our # to call --- and we knew youd lack the sack (my WIFE called you out on that one) her quote "i highly doubt this BEN character has the spine to call us based on what we have seen from him so far" ... then "i don't call strangers" was your reason ....
then "i don't give out my number" ... this is the same guy that insists we listed it twice? not true.

OK ? -- our 'BS' ? you have your mind made up it seems. more info forthcoming -- we find it very interesting you can type but not speak lol -- "I don't call strangers .... but I will bash them without full knowledge"

for the 5th time -- CHECK YOUR OLD THREAD on this topic -- I will be very surprised if you didn't name the previous seller who listed it -- it is a certainty we listed it once. this is what I mean by you being clueless Ben -- you are simply wrong. but you have your mind made up and its YOU who doesn't want the real answers.

we do know a great back surgeon, if you ready to get that spine fixed.

now WHO wants to see COBB burn ?

Quote:
I no longer feel special. I see the duo of Matt and Allison are PMing others besides me with their BS. Did they want you to call them also?LOL

They are not interested in answering any real questions. Just the harassment.
Also how many times does anybody remember this fake Green Cobb being listed on eBay by Matt and Allison? They keep PMing me they only listed it once. I could be wrong but I seem to remember it listed more than once by them.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:51 AM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

It's a good idea to destroy the flip, the one thing I still don't get is why you aren't trying to get a refund for getting screwed on buying the fake card.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default ben

right because I'm not ready to release it yet; ok ?>?

remember I came here. without me surfacing you would already be on to something else like you were ... so I make myself available to you and you just want to doubt/chew me up. it is possible you don't have all the info?

crickets is what I heard waiting for you to call lol
in case you missed it Ben -- no one -- noooo one else got a PM inviting a phone call -- we picked you because you were the first to respond/ you seemed to care the most upon our arrival. (and sean Costello didn't seem as nice as you) ask sean if we offered our number -- do it.

you ARE special Ben ... just in a different way than you realize.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealToppsaholic View Post

was ANYONE ELSE here PMed by us offering to speak on the topic and disclose extra info ? if so speak up ! (silence)

NOOOO one was Ben, only you were offered our # to call --- and we knew youd lack the sack (my WIFE called you out on that one) her quote "i highly doubt this BEN character has the spine to call us based on what we have seen from him so far" ... then "i don't call strangers" was your reason ....
then "i don't give out my number" ... this is the same guy that insists we listed it twice? not true.

OK ? -- our 'BS' ? you have your mind made up it seems. more info forthcoming -- we find it very interesting you can type but not speak lol -- "I don't call strangers .... but I will bash them without full knowledge"

for the 5th time -- CHECK YOUR OLD THREAD on this topic -- I will be very surprised if you didn't name the previous seller who listed it -- it is a certainty we listed it once. this is what I mean by you being clueless Ben -- you are simply wrong. but you have your mind made up and its YOU who doesn't want the real answers.

I don't care about you or your weird ebay scam jobs, but to come on this board where there are lots of highly knowledgeable people and make threats, accusations, claims, and then foist the burden of proof on everyone else is shameful, pathetic and lame. Your actions are suspect, your tone is defensive, your allegations are goofy and your lack of personal responsibility hilarious. You sir, are an embarrassment to the hobby. Did they try and sell a fake card? Did they massively overprice a card in an attempt to con unsuspecting buyers?

P.S. anyone who claims to have taken a bath on a $22,000 baseball card and choose to "destroy it" rather than seek an immediate and full refund is either crazy, irresponsible or lying. so which is it?

P.P.S. what is the other reason to list a card on ebay other than selling it? trying to setup selling it in the future at a higher price?

Last edited by bravos4evr; 08-20-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Joshua Van Pelt

I find it odd that you want to destroy evidence before you resolve the issue with the seller you got it from.

If you are not trying to return it to them is there a reason you don't want to disclose who you purchased it from?

Joshua Van Pelt
Old 08-20-2016, 11:42 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default lost

youre lost and don't have all the info

the seller is not wanting to take it back that's where we got the idea to destroy it publically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecafewha View Post
I find it odd that you want to destroy evidence before you resolve the issue with the seller you got it from.

If you are not trying to return it to them is there a reason you don't want to disclose who you purchased it from?

Joshua Van Pelt
Old 08-20-2016, 11:44 AM
Bry@n

We know the holder is fake, do we know the card is fake? Why not post a video of you cracking it out, burning the flip, and then sending the card to psa?
Old 08-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default nick

you wrote a lot NICK for someone who doesn't care. you are coming in mid-stream and don't know what youre saying.
yes we defensive -- we got a bad card, listed it and took heat. we EASILY could be hiding out in fact its been like a month + and we aren't facing any trouble or action from anyone. BY CHOICE we joined here to air the matter.

I love the typists using words like shameful pathetic etc .. when you are clueless

it looks like someone else now agrees the cobb was first listed by a member NOT us -- we listed it ONCE

another noteworthy piece -- SUDDENLY TODAY the seller (now aware of these threads) is willing to take it back peacefully -- while asking us to stop the NET54 stuff

we are not saying we a victim or anything we just trying to fix a big mistake.

we like your style Nick -- did you break out a thesaurus for that ?
great word choice if only half were accurate !

again WHO wants to see COBB burn ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
I don't care about you or your weird ebay scam jobs, but to come on this board where there are lots of highly knowledgeable people and make threats, accusations, claims, and then foist the burden of proof on everyone else is shameful, pathetic and lame. Your actions are suspect, your tone is defensive, your allegations are goofy and your lack of personal responsibility hilarious. You sir, are an embarrassment to the hobby. Did they try and sell a fake card? Did they massively overprice a card in an attempt to con unsuspecting buyers?

P.S. anyone who claims to have taken a bath on a $22,000 baseball card and choose to "destroy it" rather than seek an immediate and full refund is either crazy, irresponsible or lying. so which is it?

P.P.S. what is the other reason to list a card on ebay other than selling it? trying to setup selling it in the future at a higher price?
Old 08-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Joshua Van Pelt

Quote:

the seller is not wanting to take it back that's where we got the idea to destroy it publically.

I agree, I don't have all the info. I'm not sure how that's my fault. You posted that you wanted feedback. I'd like more info before I would support destroying it.

Did you already get your money back? Saying the seller doesn't want it back isn't an answer. Perhaps they refunded your money and told you to keep it.

Do you plan on letting us know who the seller was? I think most of us would be more interested in this than watching a fake card get destroyed.

Joshua Van Pelt
Old 08-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Nick Barnes

EDIT:

I've decided that instead of feeding into this guy's ego I'm just gonna ignore him, I recommend other's do the same.

let's get back to talking about cards and baseball !

Last edited by bravos4evr; 08-20-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:14 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:

I tend not to get involved in things that don't concern me directly, but I did want to say that if you are talking about a multi thousand dollar purchase that crossed state lines, the FBI might well be interested, so hold off on destroying it until you've explored the possibility of punishing the seller for his crime.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 08-20-2016, 12:32 PM
Bi11..R0berts

Ok Matthew, although I think it would be stupid for you to burn it before exhausting every avenue to get restitution from the seller, I want to see you burn it. I look forward to you posting the video soon.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty
Old 08-20-2016, 12:40 PM
Al Richter

Default Burning

Bill---tickets are available on Razorgator
Old 08-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Burn, baby, burn.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
EDIT:

I've decided that instead of feeding into this guy's ego I'm just gonna ignore him, I recommend other's do the same.

let's get back to talking about cards and baseball !
He keeps saying we r missing info well I have some info on this matter... This guy, toppsaholic , is a dramma queen. Seeking attention for some odd reason. Best thing to do is ignore him
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 08-21-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Bi11..R0berts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Bill---tickets are available on Razorgator
LOL - sounds good Al, the beers on me.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty
Old 08-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Chris

Not bothering.

Last edited by Bestdj777; 08-20-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Chris

Huh?
Old 09-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
greetings my new friends !

its true we are in possession of The Fake Green Cobb PSA6; read on ...

it seems as if came in a little hot; forgive me ... it was bad enough to have made such a horrible mistake but to hear that people are citing un-true facts on the situation troubled us ... so here we are.

I need to make clear in NO way have I threatened, intended to threaten, veiled threats or anything of the sort; often words are mis-read -- forgive me if my straight forward wording seemed sarcastic or confrontational -- when i say said "see you in Chicago" i included --come in peace -- every time.
Again sorry if this was mis-understood we come in peace and we rarely use sarcasm and we never veil threats.

ON TO THE MATTER AT HAND !

we are considering DESTROYING The Fake Green Cobb on video for all to see ! we are taking a temperature from all the net54 congregation to test your thoughts on this idea...
if we return the card to the person who sold it to us it will just re-surface elsewhere, right ? oh what a glorious sight to watch it burn ! and of course this is what should happen to this bogus thing, right ?

the seller of this card is making it very difficult to return the card and that's what got us thinking -- WHY just return it and get a refund (MAYBE) and then do what look the other way ? knowing someone else will eventually get fooled THEN be the bad guy for not knowing ? accussed of being a douche etc (wah-wah)

so let it burn !! don't be fooled YES this is for posterity a bit too; is that OK ?
what 'scam artist' would burn his own ware ? unthinkable !

so now the masses can chew this blurb up and post what a nut i am ?
OR maybe someone -- yes someone can ask the more important -- WHAT is going to happen to the card so this doesn't happen again ?! no-one has asked that ... no one. we have gotten virtual death threats and bad karma to boot yet no one really seems to care about the fate of the card !!

now tell me i don't have the balls.
So, what ever happened to this youtube video that we were promised. Remember, Real Topsy was going to burn the fake Cobb, along with the fake flip, and post it on youtube? I've been waiting three weeks, but no video.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Richard L.

He didn't "have the balls"
Old 09-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
So, what ever happened to this youtube video that we were promised. Remember, Real Topsy was going to burn the fake Cobb, along with the fake flip, and post it on youtube? I've been waiting three weeks, but no video.
LOL Real Topsy came on here spewed a bunch of crap, sent harassing emails to several members and promised a bunch of stuff and never delivered on a single thing. I am just glad they left and quit posting.

Would love to hear the real story behind the card though. From what I was PM'ed from a few members was they bought the card knowing it was fake and threw a hissy fit when called out for trying to sell it as real. Don't know if there is any truth to that but it is what I was told by more than one person claiming to know the situation.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Ugh here we go again, why not just burn it, shread it or whatever. I have a few fake ruths i got riped of on and i just shreaded them. No need for a dog and pony show imo
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:

I blocked Toppsaholic on eBay two years ago because Matthew and/or Allison sent many super low ball offers on my items. He/she became offended when I would decline the offer. He/she began sending many rambling and offensive eBay messages so I blocked them. Fast forward about a year and begin receiving more messages from them because they were mad that they couldn't bid or send an offer. Again the messages became offensive. I second Ben's complaint that they did indeed give me their phone number to continue our conversation off of eBay. No, I didn't call them. They asked for my number. No, I didn't share it with them. I was hoping that they would just go away. A few days later the card they were interested in was sold. The buyer's account was registered near the city in which Toppsaholic was located. Turns out they used a second eBay id to buy the card. They are very persistent. I hope that their persistence works out well for them in other parts of their lives.

It will be interesting to read what Matt or Allison's account of this story will be. Are they going to want me to call them at home again? Will they try to insult me or others by name-calling? Will they further trash Net 54?

Back to the Cobb card...yes, burn it. If you offer video proof of the card destruction, can you please include your face(s) in the video so I know who to avoid at the National?

Last edited by horzverti; 09-10-2016 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Ryan Waggoner

I don't know the whole story on this at all, but I can say for a fact that this guy not naming the guy he bought the card from says to me that he has no interest in doing what is best for the hobby. This hobby is littered with scam artists and it is the responsibility of every collector to help every other collector avoid scams like the one he bought into. This guy doesn't seem like a collector to me, nor does he seem the type to give two flying squirrels about anyone other than himself.