NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-18-2016, 09:20 PM
Jo.hn Per.ez

Default Real toppsaholic

Leon,
Please block this douche bag!!!
He comes on here like a bull in a china shop, making accusations and flat out nonsensical posts.
Yeah he tried to sell a fake Green Cobb Psa 6, he knew damn well it was a fake!!!
He paid peanuts for it and told the seller he didn't care it was a fake it would just look good in his personal collection. Then he tries to sell on eBay. For 22k
Total douche bag!!!
And sorry toppsaholic, you didn't end listing, eBay shut it down after I reported your sorry ass.
Now get the F off this site and stay off!!!

Last edited by aloondilana; 08-18-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:27 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloondilana View Post
Leon,
He comes on here like a bull in a china shop, making accusations and flat out nonsensical posts.
Yeah he tried to sell a fake Green Cobb Psa 6, he knew damn well it was a fake!!!
He paid peanuts for it and told the seller he didn't care it was a fake it would just look good in his personal collection. Then he tries to sell on eBay. For 22k
Total douche bag!!!
And sorry toppsaholic, you didn't end listing, eBay shut it down after I reported your sorry ass.
#1 I heard 'name calling' wasn't allowed -- douche? and F ?
#2 you do not know me or what you are talking about.
#3 you better better get your little bum to Chicago next year you have passed Ben as #1

#4 seems like you know a lot about the situation; so WHO did I buy it from ? lets name names? -- if you know what I said to the seller of the green cobb then you know him right ? so do we want to name names? go ahead do it since you know so much

#5 you would never never never ever ever call me a douche to my face nooooo way. try it in Chicago, ok? I come in peace.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:32 AM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Default Lol

Someone's gonna end up cyber punching someone!
Old 08-19-2016, 07:33 AM
Mark Medlin

The veiled threats are quite comical. However, I don't come to my hobby site for bickering. Heading back to Facebook where the posts are intelligent and not as hostile as they are here. I'll be back when the smoke clears.

Mark
Old 08-19-2016, 07:37 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmtx View Post
The veiled threats are quite comical. However, I don't come to my hobby site for bickering. Heading back to Facebook where the posts are intelligent and not as hostile as they are here. I'll be back when the smoke clears.

Mark
this site has been like this long before I joined YESTERDAY. just here to face the music on our green cobb error -- a scammer wouldn't be here to face the music; theyd hide out. we made an error and we will blow the top off on who what why and where after we are made whole.

IF ANY ONE HAS ANY QUESTION ABOUT MY INTEGRITY I INVITE THEM TO CALL ME ANYTIME; THE TRUTH CAN ALWAYS BE QUESTIONED.

part of the reason it gets hostile here, it seems to me, is due to the un-informed people spouting off on something they don't know much about they are fringe watchers who are clueless in an un-regulated industry. I am here not hiding available anytime. where ru?
Old 08-19-2016, 07:39 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Quote:

Mark
"veiled threats" ? this is how things get flamed up. side-clowns speaking up when they clueless. Don't you all meet at national each year? am I allowed to request someone who calls me a name on the forum to say it to my face ?? I said I come in peace there is no threat here.

maybe MARK needs to mind his own business? try it.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:44 AM
Mark Medlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealToppsaholic View Post
"veiled threats" ? this is how things get flamed up. side-clowns speaking up when they clueless. Don't you all meet at national each year? am I allowed to request someone who calls me a name on the forum to say it to my face ?? I said I come in peace there is no threat here.

It's a public forum you jack ass. It is my business as much as anyone's.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:44 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloondilana View Post
Leon,
Total douche bag!!!
ONE MORE THING (FOR NOW) -- we 'ended' the item after getting 3268542 emails -- WE ENDED IT. THEN AFTER IT WAS ENDED EBAY crushed the listing and erased it AFTER IT WAS ALREADY ENDED. I love that you think it was YOU who reported it when it was really 47956362 others too. Like youre the ebay cops? without you it would still be up I guess right ? phew so glad youre here to protect the ebay community. PSA reported it to ebay. THE REAL STORY ON THE GREEN COBB is forthcoming so SHHHHHH like you know whats really up, ok?

-DB
Old 08-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

Everyone has the same rights on this board. I am going to stick your name under your id since you want to confront your accusers. There is no problem with that. And as far as name calling, this is a PG rated site so D bag and other acronyms probably won't get a warning. Spelling out the F word will......keep it between the lines and all is good.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:48 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Quote:
It's a public forum you jack ass. It is my business as much as anyone's.
YES its your business Mark, dive in!!! I'm saying you are WRONG saying I'm making veiled threats. I don't make threats; I tell people what I'm going to do.

OK Mark ? PLUS you are LYING -- YOU ARENT GOING ANYWHERE --- you love this site too much .... and the drama. and throwing in your two cents worth to stir the pot. wait now remember you cant respond because your gone to FB now right? so no more posts from Mark !

more name calling ? I'm telling Leon !!!

Leon what gives? name calling not allowed right ?
Old 08-19-2016, 07:50 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Everyone has the same rights on this board. I am going to stick your name under your id since you want to confront your accusers. There is no problem with that. And as far as name calling, this is a PG rated site so D bag and other acronyms probably won't get a warning. Spelling out the F word will......keep it between the lines and all is good.
UPDATE - it is OK to call people a DOUCHE BAG on this site. other acronyms are probably OK too. But no F bombs.
Thank You for the clarification Leon.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
UPDATE - it is OK to call people a DOUCHE BAG on this site. other acronyms are probably OK too. But no F bombs.
Thank You for the clarification Leon.
No need for an update or all Caps....if you overdo it you will be gone. Take it easy, slow down, relax. This is a board to talk about baseball cards. If you have issues with people that is fine and you can say your piece. But remember, this is a hobby site, should be relaxing, and if you cause too much angst it isn't good. thanks
Old 08-19-2016, 07:57 AM
Jo.hn Per.ez

Yeah sorry I used the word Douche bag. Only telling the truth though.
Someone who buys a card knowing its fake then tries to sell it on ebay for $22k
is what I said.

You should really go screw yourself, yeah I'll be in Chicago and damn well be sure I'm coming looking for you.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:59 AM
pete ullman

Is this "the" matthew hopkins?

Matthew Hopkins is perhaps the most notorious name in the history of English witchcraft, more commonly he was known as “The Witch-Finder General”. Throughout his reign of terror 1645-1646, Hopkins acquired a feared and evil reputation as a ‘fingerman’ (informer), paid by local authorities to commit perjury. Together with his henchman and fellow ‘Witch-Pricker’ John Sterne, in just 14 months, Hopkins was responsible for the condemnations and executions of some 230 alleged witches, more than all the other witch-hunters that proliferated during the 160-year peak of the country’s witchcraft hysteria.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:00 AM
Mark Fox

Old 08-19-2016, 08:03 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Hi Toppsaholic,
I hope you're well. I believe we have done business and I can't remember anything negative, so welcome to the board! Members here will often call out sellers with counterfeit cards, altered cards, fake autographs, poor customer service and a whole slew of other reasons. I have been on the receiving end with a poor packaging job that resulted in damage.

Members are very nice, and extremely helpful when you explain your story. It seems like you purchased a fake Cobb and were called out for trying to sell it. Maybe explain how it happened, who's involved and maybe we can assist in getting your money back. At the very least we can help make sure this mistake never happens again.
All the best,
Jason
Old 08-19-2016, 08:04 AM
Mark Medlin

Quote:
YES its your business Mark, dive in!!! I'm saying you are WRONG saying I'm making veiled threats. I don't make threats; I tell people what I'm going to do.

OK Mark ? PLUS you are LYING -- YOU ARENT GOING ANYWHERE --- you love this site too much .... and the drama. and throwing in your two cents worth to stir the pot. wait now remember you cant respond because your gone to FB now right? so no more posts from Mark !

As you can see from my post count, I don't engage in much of the drama here. However, yours is quite over the top imo. Also, I guess you failed to see my attempt at humor by siteing Facebook as a place with intelligence and alluding to less drama there. So either you don't have Facebook, you're Facebook feed is different than anyone else's, or you fail to comprehend subtle comedic tones. I took no shots at you prior to your posts about me. Only called the veiled threats what I believe them to be. Argue about your Cobb, defend it, trash it, bicker about anything you please, but the let's meet somewhere is weak at best.

I was merely pointing out that I enjoy this forum for card postings. The personal BS is tiresome.

You, and any other are invited to Texas to visit and talk sports and swap cards. That is a legitimate offer to meet. The way you posed your offer to meet, looked more like a threat, and I believe I do understand your comments.

If a person doesn't walk through life with guns blazing, much more pleasure will be derived. That is just my opinion. To come here with hostile posts for the masses seems a little aggressive to the masses. Poor form.

Mark

Last edited by Mdmtx; 08-19-2016 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Typo correction
Old 08-19-2016, 08:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I agree 100%.

Quote:
As you can see from my post count, I don't engage in much of the drama here. However, yours is quite over the top imo. Also, I guess you failed to see my attempt at humor by sighting Facebook as a place with intelligence and alluding to less drama there. So either you don't have Facebook, you're Facebook feed is different than anyone else's, or you fail to comprehend subtle comedic tones. I took no shots at you prior to your posts about me. Only called the veiled threats what I believe them to be. Argue about your Cobb, defend it, trash it, bicker about anything you please, but the let's meet somewhere is weak at best.

I was merely pointing out that I enjoy this forum for card postings. The personal BS is tiresome.

You, and any other are invited to Texas to visit and talk sports and swap cards. That is a legitimate offer to meet. The way you posed your offer to meet, looked more like a threat, and I believe I do understand your comments.

If a person doesn't walk through life with guns blazing, much more pleasure will be derived. That is just my opinion. To come here with hostile posts for the masses seems a little aggressive to the masses. Poor form.

Mark
Old 08-19-2016, 08:19 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

I agree with Mark on this. Saying someone is #1 on your list, you'll be looking
for them in Chicago, etc. sounds like you are looking for a physical confrontation. "I don't make threats" just sounds like "it's not a threat, it's a promise". That's not cool here.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:47 AM
Al Richter

Maybe if everyone is busy looking for certain people at the show next year I will be able to find some of the cards I need.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:21 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Maybe if everyone is busy looking for certain people at the show next year I will be able to find some of the cards I need.
This post made me laugh audibly.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:24 AM
Rich Klein

If this were Tinder for Card Collectors, would you be swiping right or swiping left on the Real Toppsaholic?

If that is too modern of a reference for you all, google Tinder

Rich
Old 08-19-2016, 11:32 AM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
+++ LOL. good one
Old 08-19-2016, 11:34 AM
C0le Hibb@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
This post made me laugh audibly.
+1

Successful BST deals with: Smanzari, Edwolf1963, Sean1125, scmavl, Runscott, jthorst75, EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
Old 08-19-2016, 11:34 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Picturing you moving towards a table at the national...stepping over groups of people wrestling on the ground...

Tom C
Old 08-19-2016, 11:45 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
Picturing you moving towards a table at the national...stepping over groups of people wrestling on the ground...

Tom C
I'm already getting ready for next year's meet and greet at the National.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Net54 at Chicago.jpg (74.2 KB, 625 views)

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:53 PM
Tony Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Frank, how did you get that many dealers to stand together for a picture?
And those are the friendly ones!
Old 08-19-2016, 01:16 PM
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
Frank, how did you get that many dealers to stand together for a picture?
And those are the friendly ones!
Tony,
Those aren't dealers at the National. They aren't eating while ignoring you. That's the true mark of a seasoned dealer.

Cory Weiser
Old 08-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Tony Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieJoss View Post
Tony,
Those aren't dealers at the National. They aren't eating while ignoring you. That's the true mark of a seasoned dealer.

Cory Weiser
I laughed out loud at that one!
Old 08-19-2016, 06:07 PM
Daryl

Quote:

I don't think you realize who you're threatening.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...23#post1521023
Old 08-19-2016, 06:53 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post

Awesome!! Had no idea.

Seems so often that when it actually goes down, the guys that talk toughest get their a--es handed to them by the low key, soft spoken guy who's really a badass. The real badasses don't usually need to advertise it.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Al Richter

Default Mark

The good news is Mark would be easy to find. That could also be the bad news depending on your objective in finding him
Old 08-19-2016, 09:20 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
It's a public forum . . . . . It is my business as much as anyone's.
Edith Bunker, responding to her husband's outrage that his beloved daughter was cheating on her "Meathead" husband: No matter what she done, it's none of your business!

Archie Bunker: Whaddya talkin' about, it's the world's business!

Edith: No, it ain't the world's business, neither!

Archie: Well, it's certainly God's business!

Edith: Then you let God tend to it.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:20 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Frank, that cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!
Old 08-19-2016, 11:26 PM
Dan Be$$e++e

Quote:
Lol I love Al
Old 08-20-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
Edith Bunker, responding to her husband's outrage that his beloved daughter was cheating on her "Meathead" husband: No matter what she done, it's none of your business!

Archie Bunker: Whaddya talkin' about, it's the world's business!

Edith: No, it ain't the world's business, neither!

Archie: Well, it's certainly God's business!

Edith: Then you let God tend to it.

Gary

Excellent
Old 08-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post

yikes! that's a big feller !!! (I'm, 6'3 240 and thought I was a biggun, eeesh)

BTW, Mark ,in his avatar anyway, bares a striking resemblance to former Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson, but just one size larger!

btw, back to the topic at hand, this topps guy needs to go, he's done more to deserve a banning in 3 days than that dumb free cat pic. I recently dared to criticize him and he's now stalking me from one post to another. The guy is obviously a predatory menace to the hobby, and I don't think we need dem sorts round dee'z parts. lol

Last edited by bravos4evr; 08-20-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:44 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
yikes! that's a big feller !!! (I'm, 6'3 240 and thought I was a biggun, eeesh)

BTW, Mark ,in his avatar anyway, bares a striking resemblance to former Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson, but just one size larger!

btw, back to the topic at hand, this topps guy needs to go, he's done more to deserve a banning in 3 days than that dumb free cat pic. I recently dared to criticize him and he's now stalking me from one post to another. The guy is obviously a predatory menace to the hobby, and I don't think we need dem sorts round dee'z parts. lol
That kid a year or so ago with the fake wagner, with his underware on the floor was way more entertaining than this guy, lol. This guy is more annoying than anything.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:36 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Anyone get eBay offers from this guy? Worst low baller ever!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-20-2016, 04:56 PM
ThreadKiller

Default after reading this thread in its entirity

methinks I (others, too?) need a drink, if only for sanity purposes...

NO "AA", but maybe RTA (Real Toppsaholic Anonymous???) is appropriate.

no offense intended, RTA and others, but...I'm personally dizzy / disoriented re: this thread, AND since I can at least *reasonably* duck a punch, 'punchdrunk' ain't got nothing to do with it. I appreciate having the freedom / ability to disagree, but this is getting fugly w/all of the back and forth...with all due respect, gentlemen: get a room.

carry on, as I'm a minor Net54 contributor / minimal-poster in number of posts/opinions, but even I'm learning when it's time to STFU rather than taking a he said/she said brawl and go head-to-head in a public forum

happy collecting, one and all!

DS

Last edited by FourStrikes; 08-20-2016 at 04:57 PM.