NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-14-2002, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone seen these before...........

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Crofts and Allen cocoa bottle. Bout 6 inches tall with about 1.5 inch top on it. Top and bottle have Croft and Allen cocoa on them.

Old 09-14-2002, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

I beleive MastroNet had one with the label. They auctioned it with a card.

Old 09-14-2002, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

what it went for?

Old 09-14-2002, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

Tom-I was the 2nd high bidder on it when it was on ebay but for the life of me, I can not remember what it sold for. I do remember being surprised at the measurements of the neck of the container which validated the opinion that the E92 CC's did NOT come with (in) the product.

Old 09-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Administrator

The one I bid on was on ebay about 6-7 months ago. It was not listed in the "cards" section but it seems like the guy who won was a regular in the pre-50's area.

Old 09-14-2002, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

I have nearly nil knowledge about the cards or their distribution, but is it possible that the bottle was sold within a cardboard box as is popular today?

Old 09-15-2002, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

This last one on ebay sold for a really high price and I'm not sure why. There is a price guide for glass bottles and the listing gives these a $20-25 value. They usually sell for $10-15 on ebay and come up relatively steadily.

I own 4 different Croft's Cocoa bottles without labels. I have 2 different styles of bottle and 2 different colors of glass. I do own one bottle with a label and found it on ebay about 2 years ago. It was the first one I had ever seen with a label. Another appeared on ebay and the Mastronet offering is the same one. I too was disappointed when the card wouldn't fit in the top. Mine even has some old dried up cocoa powder left in it.

The guy I purchased mine from told me he found a wood case with no advertising on it that was 1/2 full with Croft's Cocoa bottles, all with labels, but only 3 bottles weren't broken. He said the wood crate would have held 25 bottles. Since there was no advetising on the crate he couldn't say 100% if it was a Croft's Cocoa shipping crate or not. He also said he was keeping one, I bought another, but I don't know if the Mastro bottle was the third example from this gentleman or not.

Going on memory here - the mastro one sold in the $400 area - I think - don't hold me to that.

Old 09-15-2002, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I have 2 of them. Got both on ebay, one with label and one without. The one without I paid about $10-$15 for and the one with the label I paid about $110.00 for. I think I got a great deal on the labeled one and an ok deal on the other one. If I remember correctly Pete told me about the labeled one on ebay and I eventually won it. What are friends for ? I would think a good ballpark would be $200 for a labeled one....but that is just an opinion and they could go higher or lower.....depending on who wants one when they are being sold....duh.......regards all

Old 09-15-2002, 06:45 PM
Administrator

I have 2 of them. Got both on ebay, one with label and one without. The one without I paid about $10-$15 for and the one with the label I paid about $110.00 for. I think I got a great deal on the labeled one and an ok deal on the other one. If I remember correctly Pete told me about the labeled one on ebay and I eventually won it. What are friends for ? >>

DOH! So it was you that sniped me Leon, I knew it was someone from the board

Old 09-15-2002, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Sorry bout that, Tom. Pete helped me do it so you can be mad at him too best regards

Old 09-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Sorry about that, Bob...I always get yours and Tom B.'s identities mixed up in communique.....I knew it was you but since this was Tom's thread I blundered....sort of like when I had lunch with some of the Beckett guys Friday and signed in as my friend "Rich Klein"...I am not Rich but when the receptionist asked who I was there to see I said "Rich Klein" and proceeded to sign the guest log book with his name....the receptionist knew I wasn't him either.....regards all....( I hate doing that)...