NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Default Free Grading for Hurricane Relief by SGC

Posted By: Josh K.

I received a call from Scott Hileman who, as most of you probably know, is one of the senior graders at SGC. SGC has generously offered to grade for free any card being donated to raise money for hurricane relief.

This is a very generous offer that we should take advantage of provided that the grading will increase the final sales price of the card. For many prewar cards, I imagine the authentication alone (even if it receives a low grade) will do just that. However, if you are donating cards from the 60's or 70's, please consider whether grading will be beneficial or not (for example, lower grade cards from this era will probaby not see much benefit from grading). Finally, SGC would prefer that all of the cards be submitted by the same person or persons (as opposed to individually). To that end, if you would like to get your cards graded prior to donation, please send them to either Ted Golden (who is running the auction) or myself for submission. Once graded, the cards will be shipped directly from SGC to Ted for the auction.

Ted Golden's address is as follows:

Itailers
attn: Cards for Hurricane Relief
265 Ponce de Leon
Unit 3106
Atlanta, Georgia 30308

If you would prefer sending to me for submission, my address is:

Josh Krasner
3200 Beechleaf Court
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27604

Please be sure to include with any card your contact information (including address) so you can get proper documentation of the donation from Ted for tax purposes.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I know this is going to sound a bit hoakey but...

It would make it really cool if they put the words "2005 Hurricane Relief" on the labels. It might inspire greater bidding in the name of charity and it would also provide SGC with a little recognition for thier generosity.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Not hokey. I'd much rather have a card with that on the label than "Mr. X."

Old 09-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: FYS

Definately no hokey at all. They are doing it for free and people will/would probably pay more if the cards are specifically labeled with the cause.

If anyone has not looked into what is going on in LA, I highly recommend that you do. Look past the evil (looting, rapes etc.), it is absolutley a tearfull reality of the helplessness of many innocent people.

As far as SGC's offer, this is just one of many illustrations of why anyone who has not tried SGC should. Do not turn this into some stupid grading debate. Just a simple statement of supporting those who do things the right way.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Hey Guys, just got into miami, and i spoke with josh about this just before i left. This is something that i will talk to SGC some more as we work out the details. I believe the other grading companies will follow suit, it's just a matter of me getting all the details tied up! I have also gotten positive responses from James Spence and possibly even tri-star so hopefully we can get it all together! I'm planning on doing these auctions/lots for 3 months! It will allow time for grading as well as time for us to build up the word. I look forward to what we can do and i plan on talking with the guys at SGC on Tuesday (day after labor day) or Thursday (day after i return from vacation...in the meantime feel free to start sending cards!. Hopefully i will have all of the documentation neat and pretty by the middle of next week so we can hit the press with this!

Thanks Guys

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

I'm Smart Enough To Know, There Are A Lot Of People Who Know More Than I Know

BlackSoxFan.com
email me

Old 09-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Administrator

just bumping .... lol .....

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

BlackSoxFan.com
email me

Old 09-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Hi,
Just keeping this toward the top. Mr. Golden is in fact on the phone with SGC as I type this. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Bernard - the iTailers Staff

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

BlackSoxFan.com
email me