NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Bob Davies

Here's my recent experience from their last auction. I am not trying to be positive or negative, I am trying to be factual.

Keep in mind I am in Canada, which (depending on the seller) can range from normal ($3) to outrageous.

As usual, I was looking at several cards, and ended up winning only one. I think I won the card for $117. Shipping was advertised as being $20, which I took into consideration when bidding.

Invoice came in, and shipping was charged at $40. I sent a note, and within 24 hours I received a reply, and a change back to $20. I then asked if I get it sent to a US address, how would that affect shipping? Again, within 24 hours, I received a reply saying it would be $4 to a US address.

I asked for the invoice to be updated, changed the billing address, and received an updated invoice.

I paid the invoice, and was then left positive feedback by PWCC. I have not yet left feedback, as I will wait for the package to arrive before doing so.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
The cost of shipping a card:
  • Postage
  • Packing materials
  • Insurance
  • Labor
  • Rent, interest, property taxes, etc.
  • Utilities
  • Machinery and equipment
  • Inventory management software/IT infrastructure
  • Risk

PWCC has a facility, which I'm sure has a large dedicated shipping & packaging area. The proportional cost of the facility, the utilities and the equipment are all shipping costs. The IT infrastructure that they have to monitor inventory and ensure packages go out quickly and accurately is a shipping cost. The labor is a shipping cost.

Why are shipping prices increasing? Their business is growing. Their current auction has 18,000 lots. Shipping 18,000 lots over a 2-3 week period requires infrastructure and investment.

Claiming that PWCC is screwing you for charging $25 for a "$7 envelope" is an insult to small businesses around the country. This is hard work.
That's all you could come up with for small business costs? ....you forgot seeking council from an oracle regarding sales.

Last edited by Huysmans; 10-12-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 View Post
Get over yourself, Jason .. I never claimed PWCC was "screwing" me .. I asked about eBay feedback policy changing for this one seller. Has anyone else seen/experienced this? And then added that yeah, $25 to ship in a $7 flat-rate envelope was "disappointing". Beyond the cost issue it wasn't protect well, not a good/job service IMO. So I asked a question and shared my opinion and experience.

You disagree? Fine. I totally respect that. You're insulted? So be it .. but speaking for others (".. is an insult to small businesses around the country") and/or putting words in my mouth to try and accentuate your point is poor form.
My apologies Ed. I must've forgotten it was Friday, I should've been in a better mood. You're correct, you were fair in your feedback on here.

I get frustrated reading these shipping price threads trying to dig into whether auction houses are profiting off of customer shipping. It's expensive shipping these cards - a lot more goes into it than an envelope and postage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
That's all you could come up with for small business costs? ....you forgot seeking council from an oracle regarding sales.

I should've included the Christmas bonuses PWCC probably gives to those poor Lake Oswego USPS men and women.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Except when I seem to consign something. But therein lies the rub.
Ah yeah I feel your pain. I have not consigned a whole lot but no matter who I give stuff to it always seems like it is the wrong stuff at the wrong time. Not talking about 68 Topps commons in 7 holders either. Apparently when I am bidding in auctions the consignor seems to be doing very well. I guess only when I am buying do I have good taste because when I go to sell it would appear my taste is not so great.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Ben Silva
Ben Sil.va

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
The cost of shipping a card:
  • Postage
  • Packing materials
  • Insurance
  • Labor
  • Rent, interest, property taxes, etc.
  • Utilities
  • Machinery and equipment
  • Inventory management software/IT infrastructure
  • Risk

PWCC has a facility, which I'm sure has a large dedicated shipping & packaging area. The proportional cost of the facility, the utilities and the equipment are all shipping costs. The IT infrastructure that they have to monitor inventory and ensure packages go out quickly and accurately is a shipping cost. The labor is a shipping cost.

Why are shipping prices increasing? Their business is growing. Their current auction has 18,000 lots. Shipping 18,000 lots over a 2-3 week period requires infrastructure and investment.

Claiming that PWCC is screwing you for charging $25 for a "$7 envelope" is an insult to small businesses around the country. This is hard work.
*claps* excellent post, thank you.