NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Colby Neal-Tan

Default Overdue New Member Introduction - "My Bad"

Hello everyone,

It just dawned on me I never did a New Member Introduction, sorry about that. I have been posting on many of the threads lately, and realized that I should probably introduce myself before I post anymore.

I found this forum because about six months ago I got back into the hobby and needed some expert insight. I was an avid collector of baseball cards/memorabilia when I was 9-12 years old. Unfortunately, I stopped collecting once my grandfather died. Not because I didn’t love baseball anymore but to the mere fact I had no money… He was the one that got me into baseball. He then got me into collecting. We went to card shows every weekend and tons of modern baseball cards, mostly, SP Legendary Cuts. He would occasionally pick up Mickey Mantle cards/memorabilia. Once he died so did my collecting.

I played baseball throughout high school and college then suffered a career ending injury. Needless to say the injury left a very large void in my heart and so I decided to fill it with collecting baseball cards again. Thankfully, that the void is now filled.

Anyways, six months ago I was very concerned with a Jackie Robinson autograph I purchased from a dealer at a card show in Oklahoma City. After hours upon hours of research, I decided to put it up on Net 54 for the final verdict. I was right it was fake… At this point I was very disappointed about collecting and decided to stay away from autographs. I then chose to pursue collecting vintage cards instead. It became addicting… Almost too addicting. I also had much more knowledge in this part of the hobby, so it was easier to buy with confidence. I’ve been buying up cards around Oklahoma for the past few months and have come across cards that I never really wanted to get into. This was due to the fact the information I needed to be comfortable buying them appeared seemingly endless… It happened to be Pre-War cards, specifically t206s.

I came across an old lady who had a couple complete sets (1954 Bowman & 1959 Topps) and a handful of t206s. She just happened to live next to Oklahoma State University, which is the school I go to. So obviously I went over to her house to check them out. I ended up buying the sets and the t206s, but I began to quickly feel very troubled about the authenticity of the t206s. After hours of research on t206s I was beginning to become overwhelmed. All the things to identify a t206 checked out. My judgment alone was not enough though. I didn’t sleep that night and did not have time that week to drive two hours to Roger Neufeldt’s Sports Memories shop to have him look them over. The thought of me spending a large amount of money on yet another fake item was killing me... So I came to the forum again to ask about the authenticity for another final verdict… Fortunately, you guys said they were legitimate and you were certainly right! I later sent in the Matty to SGC and it came back today a 40/3. From there on I have been fascinated by Pre-War cards.

All in all, looking back I feel I took advantage of this forum for the sole purpose of getting its expert opinions, and I am sorry for that. After about a month of being on Net 54 daily, I realized that the threads and posts are not anonymous interactions but conversations among friends.

Lastly, I just wanted to say thank you to all the members for the welcoming arms and insight.

Best regards,

Colby

-Yes I did just purchase a scanner only for the use to post pictures to Net 54.... Commitment baby
Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Welcome and nice Matty. One of my favorite poses.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Colby Neal-Tan

Thanks Leon. It was is my first card I have ever gotten graded. It looks amazing in the SGC casing.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Barry Arnold

Default newbie

welcome aboard the board!!!
and a beautiful Matty!
all the best,
barry
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Sean Costello

Colby, welcome to the board.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Ad@m Be11

The cow find comes full circle!
E106: 4/48
E210-1: Completed December 2013
R319: 43/240
Old 04-19-2013, 11:29 AM
nels0n aud.et

Welcome to you !
And your Matty is a beauty !
Old 04-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Tom Boblitt

Roger Neufeldt is a top notch guy......and welcome to the party........
Old 04-19-2013, 08:58 PM

Default Colby...

Welcome my friend!!great choice in T206

Peace

johnny
Old 04-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Colby Neal-Tan

Well I'm happy I joined the board. Thanks everyone
Old 04-20-2013, 10:29 AM

Default Welcome

Welcome & nice Matty.

Z Wheat
Old 04-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

welcome!
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Tags
introduction, mathewson, new member, t206