NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-31-2011, 11:45 AM

Default Slightly OT - Time Magazine Covers

As some of you know, I've been gradually helping my Dad clean out his house, and have been finding a lot of great stuff tucked away from their collecting days. In the mid 60s, for a couple of years, my parents would mail away magazine covers to be autographed. My Dad made large frames for them and they've been hanging in the basement for 45 years. Thought I would show a couple of them here. There is one sports cover -- Hanratty and Seymour from Notre Dame.

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Time wide 1.jpg (75.9 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg Time wide 2.jpg (61.3 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg Time close.jpg (71.1 KB, 144 views)
Old 01-31-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
As some of you know, I've been gradually helping my Dad clean out his house, and have been finding a lot of great stuff tucked away from their collecting days. In the mid 60s, for a couple of years, my parents would mail away magazine covers to be autographed. My Dad made large frames for them and they've been hanging in the basement for 45 years. Thought I would show a couple of them here. There is one sports cover -- Hanratty and Seymour from Notre Dame.

Greg
WoW! Very nice collection, Greg. Are all signed? Best, Jimmy

Last edited by thekingofclout; 02-01-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:30 PM

Hi Jimmy,

Yes, all the covers are signed, many of them are personalized. Of course some could be secretarial (none of them stand out to me as being auto penned). I get a kick out of the fact that my mother wrote to the NYC Schools Chancellor for an autograph -- why?

Greg
Old 02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Dan Bretta

Wow!!! What's a Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King autograph sell for nowadays?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Wow!!! What's a Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King autograph sell for nowadays?
That's exactly what I was thinking Dan! Especially a magazine cover.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Dan Bretta

And who is that in the bottom center? Is that Jimmy Hoffa?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Hi Guys,

Don't really have any idea on value -- I just want to hang them in my basement, just as they were in my house growing up.

The bottom center cover in the right frame is Nelson Rockefeller after upsetting Barry Goldwater in the Oregon GOP primary in 1964.

Greg