NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-15-2017, 06:02 AM

Thanks for the very kind words, guys.

Here's a close up of the HOF sketch...

He also did this other one on the same day. It's of the old, great shop (National Pastime) in Cooperstown. I framed this one too...but this one is being kept for my son.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4946.jpg (81.3 KB, 892 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4953.jpg (81.6 KB, 900 views)

Last edited by MVSNYC; 07-15-2017 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:20 AM

Default Not sure

If these are HOF worthy but maybe;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0119.jpg (80.4 KB, 880 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0063.JPG (78.1 KB, 881 views)
Old 07-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Brendan Mullen

Great ball! Who was Spencer Wood?
Old 07-17-2017, 07:55 AM
Ted Zanidakis

The first "little" World Series was played in 1904. The Buffalo Bisons of the Eastern (International) League beat the St Paul Saints of the American Association.
I acquired this very rare composite 27 years ago while set-up at the Cooperstown HOF weekend Baseball Card Show. A gentleman "walked-in" with it, he was
interested its trade value. I gave him a fair figure and he traded it to me for a bunch of T206's.
I have searched for another one since 1990, but to no avail.

Anyhow, I'm thinking of eventually donating it to the Hall of Fame. It's a significant piece of Baseball history since No Major League World Series was played in

The 1904 NL Champs were the NY Giants. McGraw was hoping to play the NY Highlanders in the World Series. However, the AL Championship came down to
a dramatic Playoff game in which Jack Chesbro (41-game winner) "blew" the game in the 9th inning and Boston went on to win the AL Pennant.

McGraw refused to play Boston, so there was no World Series. Furthermore, McGraw declared the Giants...."World Champions" !

TED Z
Old 07-17-2017, 08:07 AM
Ne@l K

This is a very neat collectible, but probably not "HOF worthy" lol. This photo was taken moments before the first of several meetings to move the Dodgers from Brooklyn to Los Angeles. At first glance, the photo appears to be off center. Upon further review, the beloved Emmett Kelly aka Brooklyn Bum can be seen lying on the bleachers. Certainly this was done for effect, as this meeting was highly publicized and ultimately led to the cross country move. This would be the final year for Brooklyn in Vero Beach, aka "Dodgertown"

More can be read here on walteromalley dot com:

"Another important meeting took place with several representatives from Los Angeles, including its Mayor Norris Poulson and Hahn, at Dodgertown on March 6, 1957. Also in attendance were John Gibson, President of the City Council; Samuel Leask, City Administration Officer; John Leach, Los Angeles County Chief Administrative Officer; and Milton Arthur, Chairman of the County Recreation Commission. It was an opportunity for Los Angeles to put its best foot forward and explain its genuine hope of pursuing the Dodgers and bring Major League Baseball to the West Coast, while gauging O’Malley’s interest. During their visit and throughout that spring, Emmett Kelly, the world-famous clown, entertained everyone and his antics were well-received by the fans."**

LAboundDodgers.jpg

The photo is in VG-EX condition, more on the EX side, with a slight bend on the top right corner area. Mild staining on the back, with the United Press stamp clear and visible. The typed story portion intact and still attached to the photo at the bottom.

LAboundDodgers2.jpg

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 07-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Robert J. Miller

Unbelievable stuff here. What a great thread. With all this amazing stuff, my contribution would probably go in the HOF basement or attic.
Maybe a World Series wing........

Last edited by philliesfan; 07-17-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:41 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

This one might be interesting to either the Negro League museum or the Hall Of Fame...one of the highlights of my collection. Connie Morgan's personal scrapbook from her days in the Negro Leagues. Filled with newspaper clippings and handwritten notes and a few photos...all put into the scrapbook during her time with the Indianapolis Clowns.

Tom C
Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
Unbelievable stuff here. What a great thread. With all this amazing stuff, my contribution would probably go in the HOF basement or attic.
Maybe a World Series wing........
Wow. What's pretty incredible about this (aside from the obvious baseball history), to me at least, is the attempt at a panoramic shot before panorama was truly possible.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 07-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Brendan Mullen

Ted that is amazing. And great story!