NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-19-2021, 06:00 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show-n-Tell which Tobacco cards you have are your favorites, post as many as you like

Hey guys,

American Lithographic printed 35 subjects in the 350/460 Series simultaneously with the red HINDU
and SWEET CAPORAL 350-460 Factory #42 backs.

On a separate sheet American Litho printed 12 subjects from the 460-only Series with the red HINDU

350/460 Series Checklist.…...35 subjects

Ames (hands over head) ..……………..*
Baker
Bender (no trees)
M. Brown (Chicago)
Chance (portrait-yellow}
Chase (portrait-blue)
Chase (dark cap)
Cobb (portrait-red)
Davis (A's)
Donlin (bat)
Doolan (bat)
Dougherty (arm in air)
Downey (bat)
Larry Doyle (bat)
Elberfeld (Washington-fielding)
Evers (Chicago-yellow sky)
Griffith (bat)
Johnson (pitching)
Joss (pitching)
Kleinow (Boston)

Konetchy (glove low)
Magee (bat)
Mathewson (dark cap) ....……………….*
McIntyre (Brooklyn & Chicago)
Murphy (batting)
O'Leary (hands on knees)
Reulbach (no glove) ......………………..*
Rucker (throwing)
Seymour (throwing)
Snodgrass (catching)
Stahl (glove)
Street (fielding)
Sweeney (fielding)
Willis (throwing)
CYoung (glove)

Note..... * These subjects have yet to be confirmed with the red HINDU back.

In recent years, Dougherty, Joss, and Murphy have been discovered with Red HINDU backs; therefore,
I fully expect Ames, Matty, and Reulbach will eventually be confirmed.

If anyone on this forum is willing to make a bet on this ? I will give them 2 to 1 odds that these 3 guys
will be discovered.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 05-19-2021, 01:27 PM
P@trick R.omolo

What kind of bet is that it's a no win for anyone taking it. You can't prove that they weren't printed it could be ten years later with none of them
discovered and you could just say they were printed but none have showed up yet. There hasn't been a new Red Hindu confirmation in 7 years.

I could say Honus Wagner was printed with a Sovereign 150 back but it's so rare one hasn't showed up yet.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:19 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show-n-Tell which Tobacco cards you have are your favorites, post as many as you like

Hey Guys,

Circa 2010 on Net54, I presented my theory regarding the "split-personality" of the T206 350/460 Series cards in their latter print runs (Winter 1910 to
Spring 1911). Group A comprising of 35 subjects. Group B comprising of 28 subjects. And, this theory has withstood the test of time.

In 2010......Ames, Dougherty, Mathewson, Murphy and Reulbach had NOT yet been confirmed with the red HINDU back. Back then, I predicted that these
5 guys would eventually be discovered with red HINDU backs. Subsequently, Dougherty and Murphy were discovered. The other 3 remain to be seen.

Here is a record of one of my predictions....that of Danny Murphy (batting) will be discovered with a red HINDU back......

Dated 4-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Thanks Ted, my one and only...but as Leon often says if you're only going to have one why not this one.

But what I really want is a Cobb Red Port with Red Hindu back..

All joking aside love to find out if a Danny Murphy batting is out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
JOHN

I guarantee that eventually this card will be found. It is currently lying low due to the capricious whims
of the The Monster

TED Z

Look guys.....I try to inform, educate, or simply encourage thought regarding the complexities of the T206 set. I really appreciate all your
positive responses, phone calls, emails, etc. since 2005. But, there are one (or 2) on this forum that get their kicks playing the "negative"
game. And, I have tried (more or less) to play the tolerance game in dealing with their comments.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 05-19-2021 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:16 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Hey guys,

American Lithographic printed 35 subjects in the 350/460 Series simultaneously with the red HINDU

On a separate sheet American Litho printed 12 subjects from the 460-only Series with the red HINDU

350/460 Series Checklist.…...35 subjects

Ames (hands over head) ..……………..*
Baker
Bender (no trees)
M. Brown (Chicago)
Chance (portrait-yellow}
Chase (portrait-blue)
Chase (dark cap)
Cobb (portrait-red)
Davis (A's)
Donlin (bat)
Doolan (bat)
Dougherty (arm in air)
Downey (bat)
Larry Doyle (bat)
Elberfeld (Washington-fielding)
Evers (Chicago-yellow sky)
Griffith (bat)
Johnson (pitching)
Joss (pitching)
Kleinow (Boston)

Konetchy (glove low)
Magee (bat)
Mathewson (dark cap) ....……………….*
McIntyre (Brooklyn & Chicago)
Murphy (batting)
O'Leary (hands on knees)
Reulbach (no glove) ......………………..*
Rucker (throwing)
Seymour (throwing)
Snodgrass (catching)
Stahl (glove)
Street (fielding)
Sweeney (fielding)
Willis (throwing)
CYoung (glove)

Note..... * These subjects have yet to be confirmed with the red HINDU back.

In recent years, Dougherty, Joss, and Murphy have been discovered with Red HINDU backs; therefore,
I fully expect Ames, Matty, and Reulbach will eventually be confirmed.

If anyone on this forum is willing to make a bet on this ? I will give them 2 to 1 odds that these 3 guys
will be discovered.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Circa 2010 on Net54, I presented my theory regarding the "split-personality" of the T206 350/460 Series cards in their latter print runs (Winter 1910 to
Spring 1911). Group A comprising of 35 subjects. Group B comprising of 28 subjects. And, this theory has withstood the test of time.

In 2010......Ames, Dougherty, Mathewson, Murphy and Reulbach had NOT yet been confirmed with the red HINDU back. Back then, I predicted that these
5 guys would eventually be discovered with red HINDU backs. Subsequently, Dougherty and Murphy were discovered. The other 3 remain to be seen.

Here is a record of one of my predictions....that of Danny Murphy (batting) will be discovered with a red HINDU back......

Dated 4-19-2020

Look guys.....I try to inform, educate, or simply encourage thought regarding the complexities of the T206 set. I really appreciate all your
positive responses, phone calls, emails, etc. since 2005. But, there are one (or 2) on this forum that get their kicks playing the "negative"
game. And, I have tried (more or less) to play the tolerance game in dealing with their comments.

TED Z

T206 Reference
It's funny how many times you use the negative game comment Ted. It's not a negative game I just find it a little offensive when you state your opinion
as fact. I'm not saying the three subjects you pointed out weren't printed with a Red Hindu but anyone who follows the t206 set closely knows there
are many inconsistences in the set and you can't assume anything.

Your Murphy prediction date should be 4-19-2010.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:22 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
It's funny how many times you use the negative game comment Ted. It's not a negative game I just find it a little offensive when you state your opinion
as fact. I'm not saying the three subjects you pointed out weren't printed with a Red Hindu but anyone who follows the t206 set closely knows there
are many inconsistences in the set and you can't assume anything.

Your Murphy prediction date should be 4-19-2010.

Pat

My research indicates that the printing of the various T206 series from the Summer of 1910 to the Spring of 1911 have very few "inconsistences".
In fact, there are definite logical patterns in the printing process during that period. These patterns are addressed in.... T206 Reference

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, that I typed the date "2020", instead of "2010" in my prior post. It has been corrected.

TED Z
Old 05-20-2021, 07:24 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Pat

My research indicates that the printing of the various T206 series from the Summer of 1910 to the Spring of 1911 have very few "inconsistences".
In fact, there are definite logical patterns in the printing process during that period. These patterns are addressed in.... T206 Reference

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, that I typed the date "2020", instead of "2010" in my prior post. It has been corrected.

TED Z
I agree there are patterns in the printing during that time period just as there are patterns through out the set but there are still some inconsistences.
There may be fewer in the 350/460 and 460 only printings but one factor is that those two series only account for 1/5 of the set.

In the same thread you predicted the Murphy Red Hindu you also posted this

Quote:
Hey Jeff L......et al

By my count, the blue Chase even beats out the Red Cobb with respect to the number of different backs.
The blue Chase has been confirmed with 22 different T206 backs.....it includes BROAD LEAF 350, LENOX,
and Red HINDU.
I expect that it will be found with a BROAD LEAF 460 back and a DRUM back.

Chase was NOT printed with AMERICAN BEAUTY 460, nor UZIT.

The Red Cobb has been confirmed with 22 different T206 backs......it includes BROAD LEAF 460, DRUM,
and LENOX.
I do not expect it to be found with anymore T206 backs.

Cobb was NOT printed with AMERICAN BEAUTY 460, nor Red HINDU, nor UZIT.

TED Z
Old 05-20-2021, 08:06 AM
JeR@Me

Default Speaking of T206 Inconsistences from 1909-11....

Speaking of T206 inconsistencies from 1909-11, there are many folks out there that believe the T213-1 Coupon's should be part of the T206 collection of various Tobacco backs. 1910, Tobacco back, exact same design as the rest of the T206 tobacco backs, with only 1 slight variation (sorta like an American Beauty which is cut narrower in width, only the Coupon is cut narrower in depth) Cough, cough.... I digress - Love these Uber rare rascals!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg item_83079_1_190424.jpg (75.8 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg item_83080_1_190426.jpg (76.3 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg item_83081_1_190406.jpg (74.9 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg item_83082_1_190416.jpg (75.3 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg item_83085_1_190422.jpg (75.5 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg item_83080_2_190427.jpg (76.8 KB, 152 views)