NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-21-2002, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Default Self graded - - - PSA

Posted By: James 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1822845964

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1822848134

What's going on????

Old 04-22-2002, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

The printing on the labels looks strange. Surely this company isn't running off their own labels with PSA on them? Can someone explain? Maybe someone needs to contact PSA and if these are fake labels, then, contact ebay who will ban the seller from ebay. Ebay won't do much if you or I are hurt but when the almighy, omnipotent and ever powerful wizards of grading are harmed it's katy bar the door.

Old 04-22-2002, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeff

My guess is that the seller added that label to the image somehow. If you look at the borders of the PSA label, the borders look normal until you get to the edge of the white rectangle that contains the data. Because if that's a fake, it's a really bad fake - especially the Rockenfeld, where the label spells the name wrong (not that PSA is perfect, but...).

Having scanned holders before, I find that sometimes the print isn't all that clear, depending on the scan quality you choose. Maybe TCC decided that the solution was to do this, and drastically undercut the credibility of the card / grading.

Jeff

Old 04-22-2002, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Looks clear to me. Ratmond especially.

Old 04-22-2002, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

I agree. It looks like they put a white label over the PSA label on the outside of the holder.

I wonder if they just repeated the grade PSA gave the card or are these "new" labels the seller's opinion? I like to find out but I will never pay their ridiculous asking prices just to find out.

Seems like a silly thing to do. I don't think PSA labels are that hard to read.

I don't know what their intention was but it sure makes you think something fishy is going on.

Old 04-23-2002, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

On the second one, you can see the shadow at the bottom of the label - it's a sticker that's been added, not a doctored scan