NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default Another Alert for EBAY Sellers:

I had someone with a 100% positive feedback record bid on an item I'm selling. Everything fine with that? NOT!

I have started clicking on the transaction number of each bidder with smaller numbers of transaction just to make sure they're on the up and up.

Well, this was a weird situation: The bidder, 'cla-wein-24' had 100% positive as I mentioned, but the comments for every one of their transactions were WARNING and NEGATIVE reports...but the morons left POSITIVE feedback!!

All I can figure is this:

This is where we are now: Sellers are too afraid to leave negative feedback even when it is royally appropriate for fear of retaliation.

Immediately after reading all those WARNING POSITIVES, I added this bidder to my 'blocked bidder' list and canceled their bids...the result of which was that my item when down from 103.50 to 52.00 - the under-bidder, who reads as legit, appears to have been a victim of this jerk as well...he has a max bid which was surpassed which, I guess, was the purpose of all this.

And they would have gotten away with it if the morons had not left those WARNINGS

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 11-18-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:16 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

You are aware sellers can't leave negative feedback, right?
Old 11-18-2018, 11:17 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
You are aware sellers can't leave negative feedback, right?

No, but I do know they can leave NEUTRAL.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 11-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
No, but I do know they can leave NEUTRAL.
Nope
Old 11-18-2018, 11:53 AM
Banned

lol glad the bidder wasn't Avast
Old 11-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Dave

A positive negative is literally the only way an Ebay seller can neg a buyer. The buyer could even have those disappeared if he wanted to or knew how to.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:30 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
A positive negative is literally the only way an Ebay seller can neg a buyer. The buyer could even have those disappeared if he wanted to or knew how to.
This is true, the most annoying ebay change for sellers of the past decade in my mind. Made me stop selling.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:03 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Unpaid item strike. Go through the "open a case" and close it as soon as the window for payment closes. If buyers get enough unpaid item strikes (and you report them to eBay for them), sometimes they will cancel those accounts.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:40 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

I had heard a false "positive" is a way for sellers who have had an issue with a buyer to alert the rest of the ebay community to beware with out risking a return negative or neutral from the buyer...also since the return policy of ebay is totally buyer friendly its an issue most seller don't want to deal with by dropping a neg on the buyer and getting a NAD or changed my mind return...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 11-19-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:47 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
I had heard a false "positive" is a way for sellers who have had an issue with a buyer to alert the rest of the ebay community to beware with out risking a return negative or neutral from the buyer...also since the return policy of ebay is totally buyer friendly its an issue most seller don't want to deal with by dropping a neg on the buyer and getting a NAD or changed my mind return...
Sellers can NOT leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers on ebay. This has been an impossibility for many years now.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Sellers can NOT leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers on ebay. This has been an impossibility for many years now.
Yeah, it's been at least three years, maybe even five or more. Been a long time.

And it came to this because sellers abused the feedback system.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:50 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
And they cannot leave false positives either, ebay will remove if the buyer asks.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:33 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Yeah, it's been at least three years, maybe even five or more. Been a long time.

And it came to this because sellers abused the feedback system.
Agreed...they went too far though. Sellers should be allowed to leave negative/neutral if a buyer does not pay.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:39 AM

That is annoying
Old 11-20-2018, 06:46 AM
Tim M

A friend of mine who is a big seller told me he needs ebay far more than they need him, no place else to have that many eyes on your product.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
lol glad the bidder wasn't Avast
Just in case, if anyone is too worried here ya go...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avast-Inter...1WH7:rk:6:pf:0

As for bad ebay sellers they should be able to ding buyers imo..... It is way too one sided the way it is.