NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Brooklyn Dodgers snapshot questions and more!

I got some REALLY cool vintage snapshots today.

#1 "Pistol" Pete Reiser in Ebbett's Field
#2 Hank Behrman and a BUNCH going on...cool Brooklyn Megaphone and unknown players galore.....could use help identifying other players please......
#3 Pee Wee Reese and some kids and Jackie Robinson on the bench looking towards the OF......Spring Training pic
#4 Sam Jethroe
#5 Van Lingle Mungo
#6 Ralph Kiner in late 1954 in what stadium??

Would anyone recommend I send any of these to PSA for slabbing (i.e......type photos)? If so...why? Thanks!

If there is any interest in any of these just PM me please, thanks!

thumbnail_IMG_2108.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2106.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2107.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2109.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2110.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2111.jpg

Last edited by vthobby; 05-21-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:13 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Great pick up Mike!

#2 kinda hard to see the details to make out the players for help
#3 This is during spring training. I had once own this photo. It's hard to tell from your pic posted on the board, but...if you look directly under Pee Wee hand that's on the dugout...you can see Jackie Robinson chilling in the dugout.

#6 Would be from 1953-54. Appears to be from spring training or a exhibition game at a minor league stadium. I have photos from this set as well. Pretty cool to see a Kiner snapshot in a Cubs uniform.

Slabbing these snapshots, is something (...me personally) probably won't be worth it. There's no real value added. Just my opinion. Now there's some situations, most certainly, I would slab snapshots if it's a super rare photo or from a players estate, or if it's autographed. Hope that helps....again very nice pick up you got!
Old 05-21-2019, 10:53 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 View Post
Great pick up Mike!

#2 kinda hard to see the details to make out the players for help
#3 This is during spring training. I had once own this photo. It's hard to tell from your pic posted on the board, but...if you look directly under Pee Wee hand that's on the dugout...you can see Jackie Robinson chilling in the dugout.

#6 Would be from 1953-54. Appears to be from spring training or a exhibition game at a minor league stadium. I have photos from this set as well. Pretty cool to see a Kiner snapshot in a Cubs uniform.

Slabbing these snapshots, is something (...me personally) probably won't be worth it. There's no real value added. Just my opinion. Now there's some situations, most certainly, I would slab snapshots if it's a super rare photo or from a players estate, or if it's autographed. Hope that helps....again very nice pick up you got!
I appreciate your input and I think I've gotten photos from you before! I was hoping that was Jackie so thanks for the confirmation! Take care!

Mike
Old 05-21-2019, 10:57 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Swap.....

Gary,

The Kiner was a real eye opener for me as it is the tail end of his career. I know you are a "Cubs" man so if you'd like to send me your address, I'll send you the Kiner and you can surprise me with some photos that you might have as duplicates etc....I only ask that the players are identified unless the content is cool.

Let me know, I always respect the history of the game and collectibles I feel belong with those that really care about them!

Thanks!

Mike
Old 05-21-2019, 01:27 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Mike! Very cool man..thank you! PM sent.

Yeah, I'll take you up on that. Sounds like fun! I got a few photos I know you'll like, I'll send ya. Looking forward to adding that Kiner photo to my collection.Thanks again.

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 05-21-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:48 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Its in the mail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 View Post
Mike! Very cool man..thank you! PM sent.

Yeah, I'll take you up on that. Sounds like fun! I got a few photos I know you'll like, I'll send ya. Looking forward to adding that Kiner photo to my collection.Thanks again.

Cheers,
Gary
Dropping in blue box tonite, I sent you tracking!
Thanks!
Mike
Old 05-21-2019, 07:32 PM
Chris Counts

I've seen numerous photos from the 1950s that show the same stadium that's pictured behind Kiner. In particular, I've seen many Giants with that background, so Phoenix would be a likely location. It makes sense because Kiner is wearing a road uniform, and the Cubs almost always trained out west.