NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-10-2016, 01:56 PM
Banned

Default What is going on in this picture

Came across this image of Ruth ive never seen before and had to post it. Dont know what kind of weird sh*t Ruth was subject to but i think all players should have to do this before joining the league. Poor guy

Old 08-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I think they mention it in the book, The Big Bam. They actually did some scientific experiments on Ruth to determine why he was so much better than everyone else.

If that's what this is.

Books on Tape rule!!! See if your library has that one.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Jason Presley

Statcast v0.01
Old 08-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Steve Birmingham

The stuff on the right table looks like a system that's running a small generator. Somehow Babe pulls the string that sets it all in motion, the generator turns and it's possible to measure his power output.

Today that would be a computer about the size of a deck of cards and a strain guage that's stuck on with tape.

The thing on the left table is either another device, or the output for the second device. Maybe a chart recorder?

Pretty cool stuff to see.

I've restored a couple old industrial bits of equipment like that, nothing quite so elaborate yet though.

Steve B
Old 08-11-2016, 12:06 AM
ΛLβΞℜ₮

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Popular_Science_1921.jpg (57.6 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg baberuth_b_400.jpg (23.0 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg 1921ps.jpg (61.1 KB, 281 views)

Last edited by sporteq; 08-11-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Brad

In the photo that’s posted, the drawing on the floor almost appears to be a directional arrow, but in the Popular Science pics, it looks as if they altered it to try to demonstrate home plate….a backwards, larger than life home plate…

Also, Babe appears to be wearing cleats on a hardwood floor. I have to wonder how much thrust he was actually able to put into his swings on such a surface (compared to getting a good grip in the dirt).

Great photo - thanks for posting it!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
In the photo that’s posted, the drawing on the floor almost appears to be a directional arrow, but in the Popular Science pics, it looks as if they altered it to try to demonstrate home plate….a backwards, larger than life home plate…

Also, Babe appears to be wearing cleats on a hardwood floor. I have to wonder how much thrust he was actually able to put into his swings on such a surface (compared to getting a good grip in the dirt).

Great photo - thanks for posting it!
I never even noticed that before. I think i was too busy trying to figure out what Ruth was probably thinking and if he actually enjoyed being a science experiment. I had to post it since this was the first time id ever seen it. I always heard "scientists" would observe him but never knew weird stuff like this was going on
Old 08-13-2016, 09:47 AM

I think he was getting digitally rendered by EA sports.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
I think he was getting digitally rendered by EA sports.
Lmao...hell ya