NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-17-2017, 09:55 PM
A.lex R@nthu.m

Default Stolen BGS 9.5 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan Rookie Card Serial #0009527212

I am a member of CU forums and unfortunately this is my first post here.

I apologize up front for blowing your board with this, but it may help me resolve this problem.

Please pass the word: I had a BGS 9.5 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan Rookie Card w/ Beckett slab Serial #0009527212 (see the pics below) stolen from me by the following person in Canada (see the point of contact info below).

I am presently attempting to recover the item and have legal authorities involved. However, it would help me if anyone spots the card online via Facebook, various sports card forums, ebay, craigslist, etc. to direct the police towards a lead on the location of the item. Or if they are contacted by the person below looking to broker a deal. I won't go into the long background story here, but this was a trade that went bad and I did not vet the thief properly up front...now I am paying the price. 100% my fault for making a poor decision to deal with this low life scum bag, but I will not give up until the situation is resolve (criminally and in the civil realm). I have posted a similar msg on other sports cards collecting sites. The last physical known location of the card was at the address below.

Thief's POC Info:

ANTHON (aka STEPHANE) BLANCHETTE
147 RUE TURCOTTE OUEST
THÉTFORD MINES QUÉBEC
G6G 1G2
Phone: 418-814-9137
Email: momocard@hotmail.ca
Ebay Name: gohabsgo1950 (old account, he likely uses another account)

HGL

Stolen Card Pics:

Old 11-17-2017, 10:13 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

This is one side of a story. I don’t think the other person’s personal information should be allowed to be posted here.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:08 AM
A.lex R@nthu.m

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
This is one side of a story. I don’t think the other person’s personal information should be allowed to be posted here.
He has done this to others and his info is on other boards as well. Warning to all as he is pushing vingate cards as offerings.

All of the above, yes.

He approached me with a this card. Offering a 1 for 1 trade.

I did some basic checking on him, but not enough. There red flags, but when I saw the "proof of life" picture, I figured we are good.We sent on the same day. Then he sent this fake GMA card (not the PSA card we agreed about) in the box via UPS.

So yes, 100% fraud. He went silent as soon as I complained about the fraud. I obtained the services of a legal attorney in the area and informed the authorities. However, it would help me if someone discovers this card on the market to expedite its return. I have a mountain of evidence and support, so I am not worried about that.

Additionally, due to the help of the great CU community forum, I have the great help of a honorable Quebec native citizen.

But overall this sucks.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:31 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Hey Jay,
I am with you about 99.9% of the time and personal info is generally not allowed to be posted. I think in this situation, with what I have read, we might be ok on this one time. I don't mind talking about and exposing people doing bad things with names, addresses etc..... That said the original poster should post more often on our board. But getting scammed sucks and I hope he gets his card back. The OP's name needs to be out here too.,.,.,and it is.. Alex Ram.thun

Last edited by Leon; 02-09-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:33 AM
Robert Williams

Seems like with this address involved this would be an easy case.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Why would you send an $8,000 USD card to someone you don't even know?

Now I did some research online and it looks like this criminal has been doing this to people for many years. Check out the link below:

http://connexionhck.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&p=109447

On top of page 9, it says the following:

oici quelqu'un qui m'a fait un non-receipt case. Je vous conseille de le bloquer :

rumanovsport

Sent to:
Maurice Lessard

Nad Lessard
497 des Érables
Thetford Mines QC G6G 1H4

Email:
momocard@hotmail.ca
Old 02-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

He's currently trying to sell a frosted Gretzky OPC PSA 8 rookie in a FB group.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:31 PM

Yeah, doing that level of trade through the mail with someone you don't know is just asking for all sorts of trouble. Not worth the risk, especially with the subs that Jordan has. Holy jeez. That's an exceptional specimen of that card. Not sure why you'd want to trade that thing, but whatever floats your boat. Good luck in nailing this clown.

Ask me about discounted BGS/BVG pricing for Net54 Members!
Old 02-08-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Why would you send an $8,000 USD card to someone you don't even know?

Now I did some research online and it looks like this criminal has been doing this to people for many years. Check out the link below:

http://connexionhck.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&p=109447

On top of page 9, it says the following:

oici quelqu'un qui m'a fait un non-receipt case. Je vous conseille de le bloquer :

rumanovsport

Sent to:
Maurice Lessard

Nad Lessard
497 des Érables
Thetford Mines QC G6G 1H4

Email:
momocard@hotmail.ca
Maybe because the Gretzky is worth 30k??? Someone offering a much more expensive should be a red flag.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:19 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Maybe because the Gretzky is worth 30k??? Someone offering a much more expensive should be a red flag.
Yeah but it was from Canada, there are a lot more high grade Gretzkys up there, depressing the local market...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 02-09-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Yeah but it was from Canada, there are a lot more high grade Gretzkys up there, depressing the local market...
Why wouldn't they give it to PWCC or REA to sell then?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Dave

Doesn't matter the reasons here. Somebody got scammed, due diligence or not. Hope they nail this guy. Real shitty thing to to.

Hopefully all the Grading companies know this guys name to. Probably a pretty good chance the guy's not stupid enough to try and resell in the same holder.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Amazing people carry on this way. I have know plenty of people who would not take a $10,000 loss particularly well and would straighten this guy out real fast. Would look like something out of the Sopranos. Dude is waiting for the bus, car pulls up. 2 or 3 guys get out with baseball bats, very little discussion.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-09-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:24 AM
James
James Kin.chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Amazing people carry on this way. I have know plenty of people who would not take a $10,000 loss particularly well and would straighten this guy out real fast. Would look like something out of the Sopranos. Dude is waiting for the bas, car pulls up. 2 or 3 guys get out with baseball bats, very little discussion.
The OP showed up at the scammers house and confronted him. There is a long thread on the CU forum.
James
Old 02-09-2018, 09:35 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
The OP showed up at the scammers house and confronted him. There is a long thread on the CU forum.
James
Link?
Old 02-09-2018, 09:43 AM
Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Link?
+1, popcorn in hand. I hope they put that guy away!
Old 02-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Rennie
Re.ne Gal.letti

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Link?
https://forums.collectors.com/discus...on-the-lookout
Old 02-09-2018, 10:46 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Why wouldn't they give it to PWCC or REA to sell then?
It was a joke.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 02-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
He's currently trying to sell a frosted Gretzky OPC PSA 8 rookie in a FB group.
The thief or the OP?

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 02-09-2018, 11:04 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Such a shame there are people out there like this. I wish penalties were so much more severe than they are to keep people from committing these acts.

I'm not wired that way, and couldn't even imagine taking someone for $50 forget about $9k!

Ugh sorry man.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Agree with that completely. No one deserves to get ripped off, and I hope the OP gets made whole with this transaction. But someone offering to trade a $25-30K card for a $9K card straight up is pretty sketchy.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:11 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
Agree with that completely. No one deserves to get ripped off, and I hope the OP gets made whole with this transaction. But someone offering to trade a $25-30K card for a $9K card straight up is pretty sketchy.
Yea I agree. In a case like this it would be easy to suggest using an escrow company or a mutually agreed upon middleman. If it's a scam you will quickly see the other party make up a ridiculous excuse, or stop responding all together. Even if the trade wasn't so obviously one sided it's always smart to take precautions.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 02-09-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:34 PM
C@rl P@rk

Wow, HGL's post describing the confrontation was seriously riveting. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Mark Ness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hey Jay,
I am with you about 99.9% of the time and personal info is generally not allowed to be posted. I think in this situation, with what I have read, we might be ok on this one time. I don't mind talking about and exposing people doing bad things with names, addresses etc..... That said the original poster should post more often on our board. But getting scammed sucks and I hope he gets his card back. The OP's name needs to be out here too.,.,.,and it is.. Alex Ram.thun
I’m with Leon on this one. Normally I don’t think it’s cool to post someone’s personal info without fully hearing both sides of the story. In this case I think the OP did the right thing. Call this slapd*ck out with all his personal info. Seems like he’s been ripping people off for so long it’s time somebody put a stop to it. Stories like this really upset me. We all work hard for our $ and have such a passion for the cards we own. Nobody wants a con artist to screw ya over.
To the OP, I hope you catch this guy. Did u email PSA/SGC/BGS and warn them just to cover all your basis? I wouldn’t be surprised if he cracked the card out and resubmitted it to get a new holder with new seriel #. Then your card will be impossible to locate. I put my initials with a permanent marker on the back of all my cards before submitting them. That way if anything happens I knw if it’s my card or not. FYI to all the guys that are about to freak out bout me initially my cards it was only a joke!

Last edited by maximus35; 02-09-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:13 PM
Joey D's In Da House!

Hope the find this scum and bury him underneath the jail!

Successful transactions buy/sell/trade with: BryanDec, Bounce, Swanstars, PiratesWS1979, unamuzd1, joshchisox08, and others
Old 02-10-2018, 07:07 AM
Jason Wells

The story in the link is completely insane lol. Stake out the place? Come back after dark? I know he is a scamming POS but just knock on the guys door
Old 02-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Reading stuff like this just goes to show you what a joke the Canadian criminal justice system is. If I were to get caught stealing some toothpaste in a shopping mall, the mall security would take me upstairs and hold me for the police. The police would then show up and take me away immediately. At the station, I would be questioned, fingerprinted and probably not be allowed to go home. I would also have to appear before a judge.

Now here is a POS stealing thousands and thousands of dollars worth of sports cards, which he keeps in his own garage, and yet he doesn't have to worry about a damn thing. The Christmas decorations are up and he's just sitting in his home plotting his next move - what the hell is this?
Old 02-10-2018, 09:53 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Reading stuff like this just goes to show you what a joke the Canadian criminal justice system is. If I were to get caught stealing some toothpaste in a shopping mall, the mall security would take me upstairs and hold me for the police. The police would then show up and take me away immediately. At the station, I would be questioned, fingerprinted and probably not be allowed to go home. I would also have to appear before a judge.

Now here is a POS stealing thousands and thousands of dollars worth of sports cards, which he keeps in his own garage, and yet he doesn't have to worry about a damn thing. The Christmas decorations are up and he's just sitting in his home plotting his next move - what the hell is this?
The guy didn't get caught stealing. Someone told the police he stole a card. There is a big difference. I'm not sure how different the result would be here. How do you prove you didn't receive the correct card? Maybe if you video taped receiving the package and opening it there would be evidence. Hopefully the others who have been scammed reported this guy as well and an investigation can stop him.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:12 AM
J1m Fr@n.tzis

Quote:

This whole post is pretty much nonsense
Old 02-12-2018, 08:42 AM

No judge is going to issue someone be held in jail for petty theft unless that person has a warrant. In most cases you wouldn't even go to the police station. You'd be handed an appearance ticket and be on your way.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:13 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
right it makes the victim less sympathetic. I guess if you do that 3 times and one time its legit you make your money back though for for to be a 'legit' deal you would probably be taking advantage of someone to do the 9k to get a 30k deal..

The crook though still deserves to be punished..

All of these ponzi schemes involve victims who thought they would make 15% on their money risk free.....they are also less sympathetic but the ponzi schemer needs to be punished.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-13-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnichols View Post
Yeah, doing that level of trade through the mail with someone you don't know is just asking for all sorts of trouble. Not worth the risk, especially with the subs that Jordan has. Holy jeez. That's an exceptional specimen of that card. Not sure why you'd want to trade that thing, but whatever floats your boat. Good luck in nailing this clown.
Thieves look for someone with right amount of greed to cloud their judgement.

If it looks to good to be true....
Old 02-15-2018, 10:59 AM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
Wow, HGL's post describing the confrontation was seriously riveting. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
+1