NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Default Distribution of T206 cards

Posted By: Lee Behrens

How far west were the cigarettes that contained T206s ditributed? I am curious of this because I have never heard of any kind of find in MN.

Second, What is the farthest west point that a "Find" has shown up?

Old 12-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Wonkaticket

Lee,

I’m not real sure exactly how far west from a historical distribution aspect. However when I was younger I bought a nice size group of minor league T206’s from a gentleman in Seattle most of which all had Polar Bear backs.

Old 12-15-2003, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Just bumping to see if I can get answer, I am curious as to where all these so called "finds" come from.

Old 12-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Bowlingshoegiverouter,
Best guess:
The brands:
1. Piedmont Standard (10 for 5)
2. Sweet Cap Standard (10 for 5)
3. American Beauty Bargain (20 for 5)
4. Drum Bargain (20 for 5)
5. Sovereign Standard (10 for 5)

NorthEast: Sweet Cap, Sovereign, Piedmont,Cycle, EPDG, American Beauty, AND anything with a Turkish blend was popular with the immigrants in the large cities.

Southeast: Piedmont, Sweet Cap, Old Mill, Hindu, Sovereign, Polarbear, Carolina Brights, American Beauty, Cycle,EPDG.

Midwest: Piedmont, Sweet Cap, Sovereign, Polarbear, Cycle.

West: Polarbear, SweetCap

150 Series: Major cities in the East with Major League teams, Boston, Philly, and New York (Where most of the Honus Wagners have been found). Also in the major southeastern cities of Raleigh, Atlanta, and Richmond.

350 Series: Southeast(Southern Leaguers) Midwest, Northeast, West. Widest distribution.

460 Series: Northeast, Southeast, Major east coast cities.

Most major "finds" have occured in the major east coast cities or the southeastern cities where half of the cigarettes were produced. I've seen 5-6 good size(300 cards+) finds in the South over the last 25 years and most of the cards had Piedmont, Sweet Cap or Old Mill backs. I didn't even know that 16 different backs existed until I bought a copy of the Monster in 1982. Up until that time I had only seen: Piedmont, Sweet Cap,Old Mill, Carolina Brights, Tolstoi, American Beauty, Polar Bear, SOvereign, Cycle, EPDG, AND Hindu. So I don't think Lenox, Drum, Broadleaf, and Uzit were sold in the South. I believe they were probably sold in the Northeast. Keep in mind that most of the population in 1909 was still east of the Miss river, so you wouldn't find alot of cards in the west. Plus most westerners probably rolled there own.
Sorry for the poor organization of this post,I'm fighting the Flu and my memory is a little fuzzy.

Be well Brian

Old 12-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

thax brian that was a very informative post! i just learned a whole bunch more about T cards...

Old 12-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Administrator

I agree with Quan, WOW!!!!!!!

That is all info I have not read or heard of and one of the big reasons I started the thread.

Thanks

I still would like to know if there were any "finds" in say St. Louis or MN.

Lee