NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Jere.my fairg.rieve

Default Frank prisco dealings (chris lewis) piedmont sport dealings

Hello fellow collectors. Has anyone has dealt with Mr. Frank Prisco? I ask that if you have to please leave your comment below. I may be able to shine a little light based on what happened between Him and I. Frank owns Piedmont Sport and he has recently been shut down from selling on the live auctioneers site for a 15k transaction in which he failed to complete with me. Frank conducted auctions on the site. I am not 100% sure but I do think that to sell on that site, you must be a PA auctioneer. He now sells on amazon under Piedmont Sport

I have been in contact with many other people who have dealt with him and have been victims of bad dealings. Please POST BELOW ON this thread if you have something to share. I may be able to provide some assisitance. I have had to involve legal to attempt recoup my losses. Thankfully, I am in the same state and only a few hours away so it shouldn't be too painful.

If you are out of state or In PA and have conducted business with Piedmont and believe you have been victimized, there may be some help here.... Let me share my story...

I bought several Babe Ruth cards for 15k. They were very quick to call and get payment. They denied accepting a credit card even though there site says they accept them. Piedmont Sport said they sent the merchandise..THEY NEVER DID... And eventually gave me an nontraceable bogus tracking number..... I was shocked that any human being would ship an item of that value with no validated tracking. This was a huge red Flag for us. The tracking they provided was fake. It was never even scanned at the USPS. AFTER MANY NONSENSICAL REASONS WHY THEY WERE NOT SHIPPED, WE WERE HEADING NOWHERE FAST. He proclaimed he had already paid his consignor and now he had to pay me out of his own pocket. I told him that this was not my fault and to issue me my refund. Over a month went by before the CEO of Live Auctioneers got involved. We gave Frank 5 weeks to remit 3k a week until paid in full. He paid me back with my own money for the first four payments for a total 12k He has now dissappeared with no communication. My attorney sent a demand letter giving him a few days to settle. He ignored the letter. NOW HE HAS JUST JUST GONE OFF THE GRID. I have attempted to reach him through various channels all with no success. He has written us off and intends to keep the remainder of what I paid him for a product I never received. This is all one can assume after being told in writing by him that he would not "stiff us" This is where stand at the moment. I am meeting with my legal team to ascertain what can be done to get the money Frank Prisco owes me.

Last edited by Bowmanboy; 07-06-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:55 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Same here

Bogus tracking number

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Ri.ch Eno.chs

I had a run in with Piedmont auctions about 4-5 months ago won a 48 Bowman Paige and a 33 Goudey Ruth. They did not have a problem calling me after the auction to take my money but never received the cards every time I called it was one excuse after another after the fourth time I ended up disputing the transaction with my credit card. I would recommend not doing any business with these guys.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:54 PM

E mail sent
Old 07-04-2017, 03:35 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I contacted Liveauctioneers after winning a US Caramel Ruth card several months back. I smelled a rat before sending payment and eventually saw that the scan came from Heritage Auctions. I told Liveauctioneers about it but not sure they did anything about it.

Tom C
Old 07-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Richard L.

There was another posting about this guy in the sports water cooler section recently. Perhaps they could be combined? And if I remember correctly, there was a thread several years where Franks attorney posted. Ordering a cease and desist otherwise legal action would be taken.

Last edited by nsaddict; 07-04-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:54 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

I seem to recall that name/company combo being posted about here in the past with some shady dealings. On the autograph sub-forum perhaps? Something About an impossible Ruth-signed dollar bill IIRC. This would have been at least a couple of years ago. Sounds like he's been at this quite a while.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default link

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ghlight=prisco

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:30 AM
Mark

Default ditto

long story short, had won a $5k cobb card, received a $500 cobb card. a fellow board member, brian, had suspected, searched and found some similar issues here on the net and the internet and warned me so i opened the package under video surveillance at the post office. when chris was "surprised" he said send it back and i informed him it was being held as evidence.

i was fortunate enough to have dealt with criminals over the past 25 years and gave him ultimatums to file a case. he sent me a check which bounced and after several delays i told him i was filing a criminal case and informing the PA insurance commission (Frank runs an insurance company) he offered me another cobb as temporary payment. after several more delays and realizing i'd never see my $ and would cost too much of my time and $ to file a case in PA since i live in CA, i decided to take a bunch of stuff from his amazon site as repayment and resell it, he agreed and sent me the stuff at my terms. I have recouped about $3500 so far but it isnt worth the headaches. its funny that he still thought i was gonna send back the original cobb. when i told him no, i never heard back from him again.

i have copies of the bounced check, tracking, pictures of the original packaging, emails, a log of my communications of broken promises etc. if you need more information please contact me.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:35 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I live in NJ and emailed him that I was willing to meet him in Philadelphia (where he is supposedly located) to pick up the card and make payment in person. Never heard from him.

Again, he used a scan straight from Heritage on the card that I "won". The light and dark areas of the slab from the scanner passing over it were basically a fingerprint match. At that point I knew it was a scam.

Tom C
Old 07-05-2017, 06:59 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Yup, that's the one. Hard to believe that's been almost 6 years ago!
Old 07-05-2017, 08:35 PM
A.J. Johnson

what a total scum bag. This guy needs a beat down
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 07-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Bry@n

http://live.autographmagazine.com/fo...ource=activity

Complaints tab:

https://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...and-complaints
Old 07-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This guy is getting to a point where other law enforcement could get involved. It's one thing to screw a person over. That is bad. It is another thing to have an ongoing enterprise screwing multiple people out of thousands of dollars. Hopefully they get their arses handed to them in court.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Bry@n

Yeah, it seems like the list of people who have been burned is pretty big. I would think there would be real interest from law enforcement, especially if he is also making insurance claims on some of these "lost in the mail", "sent to the wrong person", etc. cards.

Also worth noting is that Piedmont Sport is his Net54 id, though he has not logged in since 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This guy is getting to a point where other law enforcement could get involved. It's one thing to screw a person over. That is bad. It is another thing to have an ongoing enterprise screwing multiple people out of thousands of dollars. Hopefully they get their arses handed to them in court.

Last edited by Jobu; 07-06-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Scott Russell

real punchline is that he's a business professor. love to know what he's teaching the next generation.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
real punchline is that he's a business professor. love to know what he's teaching the next generation.
A business ethics class, perhaps?
Old 07-14-2017, 11:32 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I had to search my old emails because the name seemed familiar.

I had one dealing in 2014 through liveauctioneers. It took a month and a half to get my winnings but in the end I did. Through out the entire process of exchanging emails I felt something wasn't right. It took getting my bank involved and also asking for a refund before everything worked out. I wondered then why I got the items at such good prices. Now I see it is because others already knew to stay away from him.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:04 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
what a total scum bag. This guy needs a beat down
I agree. What a POS!

Here is what I don't understand:

You can get arrested for being drunk in public.

You can get arrested for pushing someone.

You can get arrested for telling someone "you better watch your a**!"

Now if somebody SCAMS you for THOUSANDS of dollars, and you phone the police, they tell you there is nothing they can do about it and to just get a lawyer - what a joke!
Old 07-16-2017, 10:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I agree. What a POS!

Here is what I don't understand:

You can get arrested for being drunk in public.

You can get arrested for pushing someone.

You can get arrested for telling someone "you better watch your a**!"

Now if somebody SCAMS you for THOUSANDS of dollars, and you phone the police, they tell you there is nothing they can do about it and to just get a lawyer - what a joke!
Probably because it is a civil matter.....I took a hot check (didn't know it at the time) as an 8k payment once, for a business payment, and it bounced. I called the sheriff's office and they said there was nothing they could do as it was a civil matter.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Oh yes, that's where I remember his name from. We had quite a "spirited debate" about what he was selling over at the memorabilia/autograph side. He was also added to another long thread about Coaches Corner and bad authenticators which got up to about 100 pages. Like I said, "spirited". LOL

Last edited by mr2686; 07-16-2017 at 11:00 AM.