NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default Problems with Blazing Bid?

Posted By: Rob D.

Those of you who use Blazing Bid, have you experienced any problems the past day or so? No matter which Internet browser I use, the software doesn't seem to be recording my snipes. It seemingly takes all of the info but doesn't keep it, leaving the "Current snipe activity" area empty.

I registered an inquiry last on the site night using the "contact us" feature but have not received a response.

Just wondering whether I'm the only one having a problem with the site.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Rob

I just tried to enter a snipe and had the same problem

Old 11-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Yes. I lost out on an Omaha Cardinals program last week because it did not record my snipe. I contacted Trae and he said they were having problems. I haven't tried to use it since then.

eidted to add: It actually recorded my snipe, but it didn't go off...even though it reported to me in an email that it had.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Wow, that's a serious problem (the appearance that your snipe was recorded when it wasn't). You'd think there would at least be a message posted on the site that they are experiencing problems. Nothing like running the risk of losing user confidence.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Administrator

I was a little mad about it as that Omaha program was one I "need" for my collection, but I didn't want to post here about it because Trae said they were aware of the problem and working on it...I'm surprised to see that it hasn't been cleared up yet.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

rob when i tried to place a snipe yest the auction didn't input so i went to the main site i did see a message saying they were having problems and aware of the bids not getting placed. luckily my bids were still getting placed. i've moved my snipes over to justnipe as a precaution.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Thanks, Quan. I'm just not seeing the message that they're aware of the problem. I go to blazingbid.com, which is the main page and the place where a user logs in. I don't see any mention that the site isn't working. Regardless, at least I know I'm not the only one experiencing the problem.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Dan, that Omaha Cardinals program is going to look prettttty good in my hands in a few days.

Edited to add: that's the team that Cobb coached, right?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Dan has no reason to worry. In a few months you'll be giving it to him, Jeff.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Rob,

<<In a few months you'll be giving it to him, Jeff.>>

Do you think, after the election, that "redistribution" will reach into the sports memorabilia industry? If so, maybe I should stop buying and just wait until it's given to me.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Rob, that was funny. Scary too. Change.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cn

I got burned on 2 auctions where my snipe was substatantially higher than the winning bid. I got screwed as well as the seller so back to Gavelsnipe for me. CN

Old 11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Jeff, when Obama assumes the presidency you can rest assured that.....

ALL YOUR COBB ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!!1

Old 11-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trae R.

We are currently experiencing issues with snipe entry and bid placement timing resulting in the problems that have been mentioned here. We didn't have any sort of notification system in place prior to tonight that would actively point out existing issues. Although it's no excuse, we are still a beta release web-application and we're definitely working behind the scenes to improve the service.

I apologize for the recent problems, I know we were doing great for many months but volume caught up to us and our software wasn't ready to scale as well as we thought. It's still very secure though, please don't doubt that.

I have implemented an announcement feature now that will allow us to post a notice on the top of the snipe entry page alerting our users to potential problems. It's a small measure so that you at least know we're aware of the issues. There is a notice up at this time. We'll remove it when things are back to normal.

In the future would you all prefer an email alert as well? I am open to suggestions on providing a better service.

Thank you!

---
"There ain't much to being a ballplayer, if you're a ballplayer."
-Honus Wagner

Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

An email alert would be a great idea as I sometimes leave snipes with days left in the auction and don't come to the website again until the next time I need to set a snipe; if my snipe isn't going to trigger, I'd like to know so I can make alternate arrangements.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred Y

Trae--

Yes, I feel an EM alert would definitely be warranted, for the exact reason Matt says!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trae R.

Thank you both, I've setup a mass email account tonight and will keep more closely in touch with all of you in the future when problems arise. I am going to send out the initial email in the next 24 hours to update everyone on the status of the issues.

---
"There ain't much to being a ballplayer, if you're a ballplayer."
-Honus Wagner