NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post
Now, now, be nice. You make mistakes too, ya know...
While Fudd is ALWAYS NICE!, I callem as I see em!

I am not calling the poster an idiot or moron...I'm just saying " Don't shove something down a customers throat they don't want." On F-bay or anywhere. It's not good business, IMHO. They call it F-Bay for a reason. Because so many people try to F YOU. Just put a 14-30 day money back guarantee on everything and it will seem like you have a sliver of a brain for business. Almost like you have your own business. NO returns is for idiots and morons as it doesn't accomplish a thing on e-bay. You can get your money back from pay pal very easily anyway, so if someone doesn't like something. Give them their fen money back. Is it that hard a concept to grasp?

I appreciate it defaulted to "No Returns" but all you have to do is change it, and move on. It's really that simple

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 12-14-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Belltown Vintage

This thread has pointed out that two correct 'tastes' can both be valid but completely opposed - you either don't mind stickers on your vintage paper items, or you abhor them. I'm in the 'abhor' category, moreso because I don't like messing with vintage paper - mistakes happen when you try to remove stuff.

This was probably just a case of buyer's remorse and using a loophole to escape, but it happens.

James is a good guy.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:32 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
James I totally agree with you on this, what difference does a sticker make but I also know how ebay bends over backwards for the buyer. I have ran into alot of a-hole buyers over the years and no matter how minor their complaint is or isnt ebay has always sided with them so I gave up selling on ebay just for that reason. Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
While Fudd is ALWAYS NICE!, I callem as I see em!

I am not calling the poster an idiot or moron...I'm just saying " Don't shove something down a customers throat they don't want." On F-bay or anywhere. It's not good business, IMHO. They call it F-Bay for a reason. Because so many people try to F YOU. Just put a 14-30 day money back guarantee on everything and it will seem like you have a sliver of a brain for business. Almost like you have your own business. NO returns is for idiots and morons as it doesn't accomplish a thing on e-bay. You can get your money back from pay pal very easily anyway, so if someone doesn't like something. Give them their fen money back. Is it that hard a concept to grasp?

I appreciate it defaulted to "No Returns" but all you have to do is change it, and move on. It's really that simple

Or not bid on auctions that list "no refunds". The buyer has been refunded and it has already been resold. Like I said previously, the guy got a good deal on an early Comiskey autograph and pitched a fit about the sticker, but insisted that IT MUST BE AUTHENTICATED. He cared so much that it had that JSA stamp of approval, but then was upset because of a tamper proof sticker.
Calm down Fudd.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 12-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Jeff P0tter

I know this might sound trite, but the few times I get a request for a refund on ebay, I do it without wasting a second on the thought of it, no matter the reason. If you sell autographs on ebay, actually if you sell pretty much anything, you have to be prepared for refunds, potentially long after the 14 or 30 day time frame. I offer refunds with no time limit. Just be polite, accept the item back, and sell to someone else. Ebay operates for those who sell like a business now, not for the one off seller, and as much as people might not like it, that is the route they are taking. That said, James is a great person to buy from.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post
I know this might sound trite, but the few times I get a request for a refund on ebay, I do it without wasting a second on the thought of it, no matter the reason. If you sell autographs on ebay, actually if you sell pretty much anything, you have to be prepared for refunds, potentially long after the 14 or 30 day time frame. I offer refunds with no time limit. Just be polite, accept the item back, and sell to someone else. Ebay operates for those who sell like a business now, not for the one off seller, and as much as people might not like it, that is the route they are taking. That said, James is a great person to buy from.
This was exactly my point, but with some tact...

I know James is a great person...
Old 12-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Belltown Vintage

Yep, unless the person is incredibly unreasonable (threatening or similar), I always give a full refund without hesitation. I've also found small problems a month or more after a sale, gone back to the customer and offered a refund - sometimes they take me up on it, sometimes they don't. By coincidence, just had another one pop up - realized I had forgotten to ship a COA for an autograph that I sold several weeks ago. The customer said he wants it, but I couldn't find it, and the result is that now the customer wants a partial refund to cover certification costs. Go figure.

I told him to send it back for a full refund.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Or not bid on auctions that list "no refunds". The buyer has been refunded and it has already been resold. Like I said previously, the guy got a good deal on an early Comiskey autograph and pitched a fit about the sticker, but insisted that IT MUST BE AUTHENTICATED. He cared so much that it had that JSA stamp of approval, but then was upset because of a tamper proof sticker.
Calm down Fudd.
Exactly...or better yet, don't bid on any auctions on F-bay. LOL

The buyer is a nimrod, which is par for the F-bay crowd...see how easy that was? to just give him his money back and re-sell it? Nicely done!