NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-23-2017, 06:48 PM

Does anyone know how to print the pictures from the christies site? I am unable to do so. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Clint

Beautiful David! Congratulations!
Old 08-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
Beautiful David! Congratulations!
That is a great pickup David!!
Old 08-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejharrington View Post
Does anyone know how to print the pictures from the christies site? I am unable to do so. Thanks.
I couldn't do it either so I just took a bad picture!
Old 08-23-2017, 06:58 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Paul

Killer SJJ!!!!!!

other Paul
Old 08-23-2017, 07:07 PM
Al

Thrilled that you got that, David.

I was chasing the Temple Cup print for a while, but chickened out late. More stuff tomorrow.

-Al
Old 08-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Paul

Killer SJJ!!!!!!

other Paul
Thanks Paul!!

Other Paul
Old 08-23-2017, 07:11 PM
Bry@n

Open the large image on your screen, hit the print screen key on your keyboard, then open up Paint, a graphics program, Word, something, and hit control v to paste the image.

Quote:
Old 08-24-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Open the large image on your screen, hit the print screen key on your keyboard, then open up Paint, a graphics program, Word, something, and hit control v to paste the image.
Thank you.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:33 AM
Chris W

Tommy Leach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leach.jpg (72.0 KB, 538 views)
Old 08-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Bry@n

Happy to help. I should have mentioned that the photo editing programs will also allow you to crop the screen shot down to just the relevant auction details or to only the photo (the more of your screen the image fills up when you "print screen" the better the image will be). You can crop in Word too by left clicking the image once, then right click, choose the crop icon, and drag the corners of the image to the size you want.

Also - great items! I am loving all of these Horner cabinets. I need to pick one of those up some day.

Quote:
Thank you.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:46 AM
A.J. Johnson

Default Joe Jackson semi pro

Man oh man I was drooling over this one. Congrats to the winner. $15k sounds good when you compare to the Carolina Spinners going for $37k.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0ab0277a0aae7a0c767bb203d03f910e.jpg (46.1 KB, 497 views)
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 08-24-2017, 09:54 AM
Craig

Greenville Spinners was his first professional team and a much nicer photo
He is also buried in Greenville. VM photo is great also
Wonder why those two reappeared in this auction when they were " sold" last October?
Old 08-24-2017, 10:23 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Same with the 1909 Philadelphia photo (who won it??) being relisted.

Think the same guy went after the key Jackson pieces last year and didn't pay.

Would be proud to own any of the three photos.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:38 AM
K3v1n Stru55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
Man oh man I was drooling over this one. Congrats to the winner. $15k sounds good when you compare to the Carolina Spinners going for $37k.
The Mills photo is awesome, but I liked the Spinners cabinet much more also. As Craig said, the Spinners were Jackson's first professional team (Class D, I believe) which is super important to many, including me. I also believe that that was where he earned his nickname.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:47 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

So if you use their in house shipping you don't have to pay NY sales tax. If you pick up or use a third party shipper, you have to pay NY sales tax.

Gah?

Tom C
Old 08-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
Thanks AJ. Was happy to win the Vic Mills as I have the postcard to make a great companion piece with. I was under bidder in the Spinners Cabinet and thought that was a great item as well! And congrats on great pickups!

Craig, I noticed both Jackson items being relisted as well and when I spoke to a rep at Christies they said a bidder reneged on those items. This is why I question a week ago about how Christies determines what kind of budget to allow bidders.

Ben, love the La Azura Photo and let me know when you are done with it! Thank you for sharing where that image came from because I knew it look familiar and couldn't think where I've seen it before. Now I know.

I'm curious who I got in a bidding war with over the 1910 Cobb in Cuba postcard? I'm glad to see other "crazed bidders" out there like me. ��

I don't think you could go wrong with any lot from that auction as many of those items belong in a museum.

Last edited by BeanTown; 08-24-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:11 PM
A.J. Johnson

Jay it was you and I toe to toe on the Vic Mills. Glad you got it. I was sweating a little and couldn't pull the trigger one more time.

David I was also in on that Speaker photo and was going to add it to the one I got during last auction. If you ever want to part with it let me know!

I also loved the stand alone Cobb photo with the amazing clarity. Think it went for $3k? It was sweet! Anyone here win it?
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 08-25-2017, 03:25 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Thanks AJ. Was happy to win the Vic Mills as I have the postcard to make a great companion piece with. I was under bidder in the Spinners Cabinet and thought that was a great item as well! And congrats on great pickups!

Craig, I noticed both Jackson items being relisted as well and when I spoke to a rep at Christies they said a bidder reneged on those items. This is why I question a week ago about how Christies determines what kind of budget to allow bidders.

Ben, love the La Azura Photo and let me know when you are done with it! Thank you for sharing where that image came from because I knew it look familiar and couldn't think where I've seen it before. Now I know.

I'm curious who I got in a bidding war with over the 1910 Cobb in Cuba postcard? I'm glad to see other "crazed bidders" out there like me. ��

I don't think you could go wrong with any lot from that auction as many of those items belong in a museum.
reneged? with all that goes on,you unfortunately have to wonder if they were shills that accidentally won. Christie's and Sotheby's, even though they're the most famous, don't exactly have squeaky clean histories either. There's an American Greed about them too.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 08-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Was happy to win the Vic Mills as I have the postcard to make a great companion piece with.

Thank you, congrats on your pickup as well. There were lots of bargains to be had. I picked up 3 items not described as card images(kind of an important thing to miss in the current market). This Cobb is a monster IMO.

Also, Christies gave no guarantee on time periods or the way in which the photos were developed(everything sold as is) so I believe that potentially hurt some of the pieces. I know for sure that they had issues with the last auction(things not original including a 1917 white sox photo/example). I wonder if some reneged items actually means "not what I thought it was". 4 and 5 figures was just too much for me(for example) to risk.

I think just like the last auction, you will have very very happy people and some that are disappointed once they receive their items. I took the conservative approach with guaranteed happiness. I know the scans(as said earlier) were not very good so I expect everything I get to look better in person.

There are a lot Net54 guys that bought in Christies for good reason. Photos have been promoted here for a long time by long time collectors and dealers so there is a good pool here. There are not a lot of other places to talk photos in depth in large numbers. I am happy to see so many great items go to members. Again... that Joe Wood though..damn... If it didn't go to such a good home I would be very disappointed. Great stuff everyone(as stated above-you can't go wrong with this stuff posted).

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 08-25-2017 at 08:14 PM.