NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-10-2023, 02:02 PM
Rob

Default Question for the ebay buyer/sellers out there

I have many gripes about the ebay buying and selling experience, but it's the biggest, most diverse, online market place we've got so I endure. One issue in particular has been driving me a little nuts and I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a workaround (I assume others here have experienced the issue as well).

I buy a lot and I sell a lot on ebay and sometimes I have to refer to my purchase history to remind myself what I paid for an item (particularly if the item was part of a larger lot). What happens quite often, even for relatively recent purchases, I encounter "page not found" errors. This is even occurring for items purchased in 2023. It happens whether I use the website or the app. An example of the error is included below. What's odd is that sometimes older items still appear and newer ones are "not found". This makes it very hard to research past purchases and it seems ridiculous that ebay would give you the ability to review up to 3 years of purchase history, only to tell you the page is not found after only a few months.

Does anyone else experience this? Short of printing out every single purchase you make, including pictures, is there a way around it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ebay2.jpg (38.8 KB, 252 views)
Old 07-10-2023, 02:05 PM
Robert J. Miller

You can download to excel or print your monthly invoice. I try to do that monthly.
Bob
Old 07-10-2023, 02:11 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
You can download to excel or print your monthly invoice. I try to do that monthly.
Bob
Yeah...I've run reports but the problem with that is, without being able to reference pictures, it's hard to remember what was included in each lot. Many purchases have generic titles so I'd have to catalogue every item in every lot which I haven't figured out how to do in a way that's both efficient and useful.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:56 PM
Gary

You can try Worthpoint. You'll be able to get the photos and description for free. You'll need to pay to see prices though.

G@ry G01db3rg

Last edited by UKCardGuy; 07-10-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2023, 03:00 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
You can try Worthpoint. You'll be able to get the photos and description for free. You'll need to pay to see prices though.

G@ry G01db3rg
Yes...and I have a membership to Worthpoint, but unfortunately, they don't get every ebay item. I have had some luck doing that but far from 100% success rate. Worthpoint also doesn't get every photo that appears on ebay. It's annoying how mediocre it is.
Old 07-10-2023, 03:42 PM

Rob, sometimes you just gotta print the screen shots to physical paper or a PDF.
Old 07-10-2023, 04:37 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Rob, sometimes you just gotta print the screen shots to physical paper or a PDF.
Seems that way Alan. Ebay should make it a little bit easier for their customers. Especially with the new tighter reporting rules. Deleting pages after 90 days is ludicrous.
Old 07-10-2023, 11:04 PM
Rick Clemens

You can save the emails ebay sends when you win an auction or buy it now? All my emails from ebay on winning items are archived and images saved. This came in very handy when reviewing purchases to find what I bought from PWCC that needed to go back to PSA for review a few years back
Old 07-11-2023, 05:22 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktmd View Post
You can save the emails ebay sends when you win an auction or buy it now? All my emails from ebay on winning items are archived and images saved. This came in very handy when reviewing purchases to find what I bought from PWCC that needed to go back to PSA for review a few years back
Good thought...I have all my ebay correspondence channeled to a seldom used email account as I didn't want to spam my primary. I'll check that out. Thx