NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default Cap anson Auto in REA

Posted By: Jamie

How rare is a Cap Anson signed baseball card?.. granted this is an insert and not a preware card of his... but still I have never seen an auto card from him before... anyone have any Anson Auto's they could post about.. I am also curious as to price you might have paid for yours as I am thinking about scooping up this treasure..
jamie

Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

Anson on a cut is maybe $1200-$2000 depending on condition, whereas a nice letter or something is somewhere between $2500-$4000 or so. While there has never really been any consistancy among the authenticators on this regard, many of the Anson signatures while he was Clerk were secretarial signed.

Rhys

Old 04-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

There won't be more than a few of these Anson cards. Much rarer than the Ruths and Cobbs versions.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Per Rhys, I had a Chicago City Clerk letter with both a secretarial and genuine Anson signature on it.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brett

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall a Legendary Cuts Cap Anson being sold on ebay for something like $7-$10,000 a long time ago. That was when those cat autographed cards were selling for ridiculous amounts of money.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Vincent

. . . has a number of Upper Deck "autograph" cards.
As of Friday, April 24, bids on several were as such:

LOT #1068 Cap Anson Upper Deck Signature Card ("1/2")_______BIDS: 12 ___ CURRENT BID: $ 2,250.00
LOT #1069 Ty Cobb Upper Deck Signature and Bat Card________BIDS: 11 ___ CURRENT BID: $ 1,100.00
LOT #1071 Honus Wagner Upper Deck Signature Card ("1/24")___BIDS: 5 ____ CURRENT BID: $ 500.00
LOT #1072 Jimmie Foxx Upper Deck Signature Card____________BIDS: 6 ____ CURRENT BID: $ 600.00
LOT #1075 Roger Maris Upper Deck Signature Card ("18/73")____BIDS: 7 ____ CURRENT BID: $ 700.00
LOT #1077 Mickey Mantle Upper Deck Signature Card ("6/8")____BIDS: 8 ____ CURRENT BID: $ 800.00
LOT #1080 Judge Landis Upper Deck Signature Card ("2/4")_____BIDS: 10 ___ CURRENT BID: $ 1,000.00
LOT #1081 Jimmie Foxx Upper Deck Signature Card ("11/16")____BIDS: 9 ____ CURRENT BID: $ 900.00

To me, several seem excessively priced. Full Cobb checks, and the rarer 3x5 and GPCs can occassionally be had for less than the current bid of $1,100. Yes, I understand that price is not purely for the autograph, but for an item with a "fabricated" scarcity. And some of the items seem reasonably priced, for the autograph cut they contain. Depends on your preference as a collector.

Just my two-cents worth.

Thanks.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Their market values are that they are viewed as autographs and baseball cards, not just autographs. At the least, this attracts card collectors who don't ordinarily collect autographs.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

I hate the way that a significant portion of the autos get cut off. It looks as if they did not carve out a big enough window to "display" the autograph within the card. Some are better executed than others, but there are very few of these which I prefer to just the autographs themselves.

To each his own, I suppose...

Old 04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Ecklund

They cut up items like Hall of Fame Postcards and signed photos sometimes too...I have even seen a Perez Steele or two. That makes no sense at all...aren't there enough George Kelly cut or 3x5 autographs out there that you don't have to destroy a postcard that other people collect?