NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Just in case a member here ends up winning Legendary lot 10 in the auction tonight

I would appreciate hearing from you in regards to what cards besides the Marquard have the Howe McCormick stamp on the back. I reached out to Legendary last week, but haven't heard anything from them yet, and would just be curious to know what cards to add to the data base.

Thanks.

Here's a link:
http://legendaryauctions.com/1909_11...LOT169004.aspx
Old 11-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Da.vid Schu.lman

you can't expect a reply from Legendary.The higher ups are being fitted for zebra suits.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:08 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I was once the high bidder on a lot of cards and still couldn't get them to reply to my email asking for a list of cards in the lot (less than 60 cards). I was pleased to find many HOFers in the lot since they weren't mentioned and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't tell me that info.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:27 PM
K Farrell

I think that lot number 10 is missing O'Hara and is therefore 508 cards, not 509 since they list all of the tough cards, and the ones missing but don't mention O'Hara - unless they count O'Hara in the missing "Big Four", but then I think the lot is 509 out of 519. Something doesn't make sence.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Members of this board are great. Or awesome. Or both.

All I can say. All I need to say.

Except thanks.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Tom Boblitt

Tell us the story if someone helped you out.....we're all invested in this thing now!
Old 11-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I was once the high bidder on a lot of cards and still couldn't get them to reply to my email asking for a list of cards in the lot (less than 60 cards). I was pleased to find many HOFers in the lot since they weren't mentioned and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't tell me that info.
I wonder if some emails go to junk and are never seen. I've never had a problem getting responses from Legendary, and I certainly have no pull with them. The one I can never get a response from is Hunt, but if you call them they will answer whatever questions you have. Communication seems to be an issue with most of the auction houses.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Ed McCollum

Default The winner of the lot has contacted me

and is offering me the two cards with the stamp at a very fair price. I'm looking at them as Christmas comes early.

Was very excited/surprised/happy to hear from this board member yesterday. Had really thought I'd just end up adding the Marquard and whatever else might have been in the lot to the "known to exist but no clue where they are" data sheet. Will be glad to have them with the others in just a bit.

Again, thanks to everyone for their help in my quest.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:45 PM
qualitycards

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInOmaha View Post
and is offering me the two cards with the stamp at a very fair price. I'm looking at them as Christmas comes early.
That's great to hear.
How many do you have now?
Old 11-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Ed McCollum

Default With these two additions, it will bring the total to

267. Just about half of a complete set, if Howe hadn't had so many dupes.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:50 PM
qualitycards

Quote:
267. Just about half of a complete set, if Howe hadn't had so many dupes.
Damn Ed, that's impressive!
Good luck on the hunt, hopefully he had a lot more just waiting to be found
Old 11-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Ed McCollum

Default They do just keep showing up.

John Rafferty here on the board found one a couple weeks ago on CheckOutMyCards.com and got that one back with the others (I haven't had a chance to scan it yet and add to the November pickup thread, but thanks, John) and I found out about three others recently that we'll have to see what happens with in the next couple of months.

The rebuilt collection wouldn't be nearly what it is today if not for all the help I've gotten from board members. I can't say thanks enough.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:39 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
John Rafferty here on the board found one a couple weeks ago on CheckOutMyCards.com and got that one back with the others (I haven't had a chance to scan it yet and add to the November pickup thread, but thanks, John) and I found out about three others recently that we'll have to see what happens with in the next couple of months.

The rebuilt collection wouldn't be nearly what it is today if not for all the help I've gotten from board members. I can't say thanks enough.
Glad it showed up. I found an FF Baker for another board member and will be receiving it this week. Will mail it back out when I return from vacation, probably Saturday.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.