NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-16-2006, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Default One more question for the T206 collectors

Posted By: Dave

Two part question-
What is your favorite card in the entire set? Doesn't have to be your favorite player or card you'd love to have the most, just the most attractive card in the set to you?
And, whats the least attractive card in the set to you???

For me, my favorite is the Eddie Collins portrait, simple, yet the colors and pattern of the card I just find striking.

Least favorite....I'm not as big of a fan of the action shots, the McGraw finger in the air I just fine to be a "weird" shot.

Or the Howard of Savannah....not sure what's going on with his arms. Looks like he's trying to lay them on top of his belly, although not much of a belly.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean

Nice idea.

My favorite - I just love the blue background

My least favorite - He looks overweight, tired and old

Sean BH

Old 11-16-2006, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

yeah that Marquard picture definately doesn't scream out chick-getter...the belt looped around to the side doesn't scream out a man that cares about his appearance either

Old 11-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

well, i just happened to have brought my jim pastorious PSA 8 into work to scan for someone...it is one of my favorite cards...blue sky, green grass, white uniform, glove at chest, etc...amazing card. another one of my favorites: keeler, with bat...another favorite: wilbur goode, great colors, cool look on his face...

as far as some of my least favorites, i just scanned the whole set online (really didn't have to, every card's image is enblazened into memory anyway)...but i have to say, it is hard to find one card that doesn't have great eye appeal...if i had to choose, maybe some of the cards that the player is just wearing a grey uniform, with no added pop or great colors, etc, but those are few and far between...bottom line is, all of these cards are little works of art, simply beautiful!

Old 11-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob NYC

Bill Bergen batting is my favorite. I like the double-breasted jacket. How did they move in those things?

The worst? I really can't say anything bad about any of the cards. Each has it's own unique character.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Belt buckles were worn to the side for a reason. That reason escapes me at the moment.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

The Matty portrait, with that lockerroom haircut and the sunset background.

Jay, Were outfielders caught trying to reflect the sun into the batter's eyes on the windup?

During highschool auto-shop, the teacher made us wear the belt like that to keep from gouging fenders.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

Belt buckles were normally worn to the side to avoid landing on them if you had to dive for the ball.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

Best -- Matty portrait
Worst -- Dick Egan

Old 11-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Best - Matty portrait (followed closely by Cobb green)

Worst - Spike Shannon. Something about the look of that card has always bugged me. It almost looks unfocused or fuzzy, and he looks like a dolt in it.

J

Old 11-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

fav Waddell throwing, Mcgraw portrait with cap
least fav Young bare hand

Old 11-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee

My favorite has always been Cobb, Bat On. Least favorite is Marquard, Hands at Waist.

Lee

Old 11-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brett

My favourite is the t206 Cobb bat off. It actually looks like him and has neat colours in the background. I don't really care much for the bat on because it makes him look fat. Maybe i can trade it for an E card of Cobb. I do own a bat on shoulder, but only because its in better shape than the rest of my cards. I think it would grade atleast a 2.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Denny

Hands down it's Matty Pitching! Dose guys with goofy hair dooz always get me, preety funny lookin'. Don't really have a least favorite:)