NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-08-2010, 01:50 PM

Default Anyone seen these before? 1910 Coca Cola set

http://cgi.ebay.com/1910-Coca-Cola-M...item3efcbbedb8
Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Looks like a bunch of magazine and newspaper cutouts that someone has labeled as a "set"...

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 02-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Doug Goodman

I just made a best offer of $25. The shipping charges are listed as free, and non-negotiable, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I'll let you guys know if my offer is accepted.

Doug
Old 02-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Rhett Yeakley

These are magazine ads that were printed in many publications of the time. They actually do have a bit of a following by baseball and Coca-Cola collectors but they certainly aren't a "set" and aren't cards. I have seen them usually sell in the $15-25 range for cleanly cut out examples.

I have never been a fan of the "ad" dealers at antique shows/shops. I understand the novelty of the ads, but it always kinda bugged me the people were ripping apart old mags and selling ads for $25-100 at times for a single page. It seems like a fad that isn't done as much now as it was back in the 1990's when they were everywhere at the antique shows I would attend.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Steve Birmingham

The breaking up old magazines for the ads always bothered me too. Then I bought a huge lot of old magazines. Some of them were in horrible condition, basically being well worn parts of magazines, maybe no covers, sometimes only half the issue was there. Some of them had been cut up before because the previous owner had published a nostalgia magazine.

So what do you do with a magazine that isn't all there, and has articles cut out, and has a couple nice ads, and even complete in nice condition only sels for $3? I'll take ads from those, but not from any of the complete ones, or the ones that aren't common.

Steve
PS- If you collect old magazines as well just ask, There's a chance I might have it especially if it's more a general interest type.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Ron Rice

Default Coke ads

I like these and have 38 different of them. They are newspaper and magazine ads from 1910-1916. There may have been 10-15 different players pictured each year. Almost all the players are in T206, so it's a great companion piece to the cards. Coke had a different design each year, so it makes them easier to collect and know the dates. It's also a great way to pick up an authentic collectible of a HOF player for only $25 or so. I might start a checklist of them someday. The seller on ebay was overpriced, but he does have some I don't have.

Ron
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Barry Arnold

Default Coke

Bob M,

i thought to myself if tbob doesn't know of it, somethin' is fishy.

best,
barry
Old 02-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Paul

Default Ripped Up Spalding Guides on Ebay

Some sellers are buying Spalding guides from the teens and tearing them apart into single pages, and trying to get 5-10.00 per page! What a travesty!