NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Ebay, Auction and other Venues Announcement- B/S/T

Old 06-17-2016, 08:10 AM
To.m Pisan.ic

Default Active PSA Scam on eBay- Fake Jordans, Mantles and possibly Cobbs, Youngs, Mays

eBay member "flavoroutlet" approached me through eBay and asked if I was interested in trading a PSA 9 Fleer Jordan rookie for an SGC 55 1933 Goudey Ruth. He sent me high res scans (see attached) and as the latest auction prices for these cards are very similar, I said I was interested. I received the card and it looked completely fine and I immediately sold it for ~$6K.

The scammer then proceeded to try to sell me two more Jordan PSA 9's, which made me suspicious. I searched eBay listings and found a recently sold Jordan with the same certification number as the one I sold. I relayed this information to the buyer of the Jordan and am refunding his money. The scammer was also in the process of trying to sell a PSA 10 Jordan to him for $25K!

I actually spoke with the scammer and he admitted that the Jordan is fake. He claims that he is given these counterfeit cards (see other attached pics) and commissioned to scam people through eBay. He also told me he has done this numerous times and even sold a PSA 10 for $18K!!

What is even more concerning is that during this whole debacle, I called PSA to inform them of what was going on and they seemed only minimally concerned. They asked that I just send them some pics and they would get back to me...which was four days ago. I no longer trust PSA on high value cards and will be favoring SGC in the future. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image001.jpg (74.7 KB, 373 views)
File Type: jpg image002.jpg (76.1 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg image009.jpg (76.0 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0693.jpg (75.6 KB, 378 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0714.jpg (78.1 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0717.jpg (77.0 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0720.jpg (77.4 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0722.jpg (73.0 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0723.jpg (69.2 KB, 378 views)
Old 06-17-2016, 09:32 AM
D@le Irv*n

How did he know to contact you? Are you a E-Bay seller, dealer or just a private guy?

From my inexperienced eye, those cards look legit to me and I would have easily been fooled as well.

Just glad I don't have the money to dabble in cards like that, but I still hate seeing anyone get scammed no matter how much money they have!

Did you report him to E-Bay with the info he provided?
Old 06-17-2016, 09:49 AM
$téve VV1lk

That Jordan flip is an obvious fake... I mean really obvious.

Are the other cards' scans fake as well? If so, they are good ones as I wouldn't be able to tell, but that Jordan... It's about as bad of a flip as I've seen.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:15 AM
D@le Irv*n

Sounds like he goes by Aldo Rendon as well.

Good on Hunky-Dory for doing up an E-Bay warning list like that!
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=220382&page=2

Last edited by irv; 06-17-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Robert Williams

The card on the 1952 Topps Mantle looks bad. That would have caused me some concern...a card that looks that fake being holdered.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:34 PM
To.m Pisan.ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiebaby11 View Post
That Jordan flip is an obvious fake... I mean really obvious.

Are the other cards' scans fake as well? If so, they are good ones as I wouldn't be able to tell, but that Jordan... It's about as bad of a flip as I've seen.
If you can tell than you are better than almost anyone I've spoken to. The person I initially sold it to has 15 Jordan RC's and couldn't tell it was fake from the scan. What makes it obvious to you then?
Old 06-17-2016, 02:36 PM
To.m Pisan.ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
How did he know to contact you? Are you a E-Bay seller, dealer or just a private guy?

From my inexperienced eye, those cards look legit to me and I would have easily been fooled as well.

Just glad I don't have the money to dabble in cards like that, but I still hate seeing anyone get scammed no matter how much money they have!

He has been reported to eBay...but I suppose there are many other usernames. Just FYI, I posted the fake Jordan on eBay and have received messages from numerous other scam victims...several of which are long time dealers
Old 06-17-2016, 02:55 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunky-dory View Post
He has been reported to eBay...but I suppose there are many other usernames. Just FYI, I posted the fake Jordan on eBay and have received messages from numerous other scam victims...several of which are long time dealers

Good for you!

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

Are you serious hunky dory? Is that why you have a san diego phone number and wont go to the authorities? Sounds like bs to me. Is it because you got caught selling a fake jordan. Explain yourself. As right now you have zero credibility.

Last edited by ezez420; 06-17-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:51 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I see some flaws in the OP story.

Op says that they traded the Jordan for your Babe Ruth. He shows an image of the Jordan above, then in his in a current ebay listing he shows the Ruth that was "scammed" from him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Goudey-...0AAOSwUfNXScGl

Then he states that he sent the Ruth prior to receiving the Jordan.

Yet on June 7th he ended a listing for both the Ruth and Jordan that means he had them in hand at the same time

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Goudey-...0AAOSwUfNXScGl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Fleer-M...p2047675.l2557

If he sent the Ruth first then how did he have listings for both cards going at the same time?
Old 06-17-2016, 05:02 PM
To.m Pisan.ic

I received a scan of the Jordan and began selling it before I even received it. I sold it through PayPal independent off eBay to avoid fees. The scammer asked if I wanted to buy or trade for two other Jordans (the ones pictured). When he said he didn't accept PayPal, I was pretty sure I got scammed. I started looking at other Jordan 9's and saw a recently-ended auction (#331603338324) with the same certificate #. I informed the buyer of the 9 that it was likely inauthentic and that I would give him a full refund. He is the one that has 15 other Jordan rookies. He compared it with the others and saw some discrepancies...most notably in the color.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:05 PM
To.m Pisan.ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post

I am just a collector that occasionally flips cards to support my habit.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:07 PM
To.m Pisan.ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezez420 View Post
Are you serious hunky dory? Is that why you have a san diego phone number and wont go to the authorities? Sounds like bs to me. Is it because you got caught selling a fake jordan. Explain yourself. As right now you have zero credibility.
Look...I went to graduate school and lived in San Diego for 12 years before moving back to Maryland. Caught selling a fake Jordan??? I'm the only one willing to tell others when I realized it was fake. I told the buyer before he even received it.

Now that I have posted onto eBay, I've had ~10 other people tell me they were scammed by the same guy. For those of you that don't believe me...what exactly do I have to gain by this????
Old 06-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

Really? Is that why you wont go to police? Why dont you explain that...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2016, 05:16 PM
To.m Pisan.ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezez420 View Post
Really? Is that why you wont go to police? Why dont you explain that...

I already went to the FBI and told them the whole thing. They took the info down and told me to also fill out the internet fraud form available online. Local authorities won't do anything.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:51 PM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

Really? If you go to fbi I am sure they would advise you to post on ebay someones name. Are you serious? Sound pretty stupid.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:47 AM
Peter Spaeth

I think you should put your name out there even if technically the rules don't require it. Why won't you?
Old 06-18-2016, 09:08 AM
To.m Pisan.ic

If anyone wants to get ahold of me, please PM me. I just don't feel comfortable posting my info for all to see on the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

You also dont feel comfortable contacting who you should be contacting. Certainly not the net54 message board or ebay.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:08 PM
will.iam Ho.r n.e

Default Looking for some help

Hey friends -- looking for a little help here. Unfortunately, I've recently been in contact with the fraudster described here earlier. I didn't do enough homework in time, and let my optimistic nature get the better of me.

But he is still out there peddling extremely well done counterfeit PSA items, and I'm trying to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

If anyone can remember any details, or has any old texts/emails from interactions with this scammer - please PM me directly. His ebay handle has been changed again recently now to sufferman11515. If you have any contact with him, please let this board (and me) know asap. thanks!