NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Default Boston Show Nov 3-5

Posted By: John Kalafarski

This show is really in Wilmington, MA at the Shriner's Auditorium, a bit North of Boston. Exit 39 off Rt. 93. I got a postcard from 707 Sportscards so I know they will be there. Shoebox Cards is always there. Dick Gordon has a nice display of signed Baseballs, and I am looking forward to having Bobby Doerr sign one for me. SGC and GAI will be there as well as PSA. I think Yaz will also be there signing. Alas, Mr. Mint will be at his usual first table which makes it easy to snub him. Does anyone know any other dealers who are also coming?

Old 10-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John Kalafarski

Mile High will be there.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Any reports on this show? Is it worth a two hour drive?

Old 11-05-2006, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott S

I spent a few hours at the show yesterday. Like all shows, what most of us are looking for is drying up. Just to list a few highlights...... There is a M101-5 Ruth PSA7 ( 70K ) If that's what your after! I saw a nice collector grade D304 Matty SGC30 (3,500) That was still there last night at closing. John Liffman had some great Red Sox memorabilia. For me, those were the highlights. Worth a 2 hour ride? Perhaps. I guess it all depends what your after. If your looking for a Brunner's Cobb or a E90-1 Joey, Not worth the ride! If your after Mantle rookies, It is. I'll be going back today just to talk with the guys. For me, that's what makes the trip worth it anyway.. Scott

Old 11-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Thanks Scott,
Do you remember seeing any Obaks or Zeenuts?
-Brian

Old 11-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott S

Actually, Steve Verkman has a large group of Obaks. I didn't notice Zeenuts, but then again I wasn't really looking for those. Have fun, and good luck. Scott

Old 11-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

He Brian:

I went to the show yesterday.

Only 2 dealers had Obaks.

Clean Sweep (Steve Verkman) had 2 small stacks of VG/VG+ 1911 Obaks. I believe the 2nd dealer was Huggins and Scott. They had only 2 Obaks in similar condition: Hunt and Spiesman.

I don't recall seeing any Zeenuts.

Patrick

Old 11-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john kalafarski

I spent about 5 hours at the show and had a great time, meeting friends and buying a few things: a '38 wire photo of Joe D and King Carl, an old Leo the Lip book on the Dodgers, a '48 Sport Mag w/Ted and Joe on the cover, but no cards. Shows are drying up for what I'm looking for: auctions and ebay are it. You can gander at Mile High's auction preview and lurk in the bushes with your bag o' money.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Thanks guys, I'll see what kind of time I have this afternoon or tomorrow and maybe make a run up to the show.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg

Second time at the show for me. Thought it was great. I believe there were 250 dealers with a huge variety of maerial. Saw some old friends and made some new ones. Lots of new stuff, as would be anticipated, but saw quite a few dealers with pre-war cards and memorabilia who had a nice selection.

Took the leap and purchased couple of gorgeous pre-war Red Sox pennants from a friend there. Would highly recommend the show.

Am not a member myself, yet, but is anyone on here a member of the Greater Boston Sports Collectors Club?

All the best,
Greg