NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-11-2007, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Default O/T concerning selling autographed cards...and not prewar

Posted By: Dave

I'm wondering if anyone here is also an autograph collector that has some experience selling autographs? I have a small collection from when I was a kid...a few came from going to Braves games and such..a few more came from card show appearances...and most came from mailing cards to the players homes. I'm wanting to free up the little money they are worth for future T206 purchases. Whats the best way to go about this?? I don't see the gain in trying to submit all of them to PSA for being slabbed authentic. I've seen what some of the values are for the some of the autographs if they are slabbed...do I try to sell each card individually for half what they are worth slabbed? A few are HOF'ers...Whitey Ford, Eddie Mathews, Enos Slaughter, Duke Snider...and then mostly today's players...Bonds, Glavine and the likes...any advice on how to best do this would be great...

Old 01-11-2007, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jamie

uncertified autos sell for pennies of their slabbed or certified counterparts.

if the collection were mine, id submit it to an auction house, get them to include a blanket LOA from one of the more trusted authenticators and sell it off that way.

if you dont want to go through the hassle, email me. i might be interested in buying the lot from you at a reasonable price

Old 01-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

superstars graded. They'll sell for WAY more that way. Eddie Mathews, Snider and some of those other guys were/are prolific signers through the mail and bring $6-$10 each. Putting them in lots does okay as I used to send stuff through the mail and have sold a lot that way. Like 10 different HOFers for $69.00 with buy it now of $100 or something. The no name guys bring $1-$2 per at most. You really have to have someone collecting a specific year or player to really get someone interested. Just remember the ebay listing fees and paypal fees and all. You can burn through any potential profit pretty quickly with low $$ listings. Group the cards by year is another good deal like (15) 1974 Topps Autographed Cards or something.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

Jamie...I may just end up emailing you about what I got if interested in any of it.

Tom your saying the HOF'ers go for about $6-10 without the authenticity?

The other thing I worry about is how autographs have changed...like the Bonds. I know its real...sent it to his house..so unless his wife signed for him....but I got it back in late 80's when he played for Pittsburgh...just wonder if like PSA has anyway of tracking players autographs have changed or if it's just that they don't look like how the players auto's currently look it wont pass?