NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Luke Keeler

Default Wyoming Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I have been "lurking" a few months now, (due to not properly activating my account. Thank you Leon for quickly getting me hooked up!) and have really enjoyed the informative conversations that take place here. As far as my collecting history and interest goes, I started collecting cards beginning with the 1988 Topps. Seems like yesterday! I took a hiatus for some of my college years, and upon resuming collecting (about the time eBay and Yahoo's auctions were taking off) I discovered the world of PSA and SGC and vintage cards. Over the last few years I have attempted the T206, T202, and '33 Goudey sets. Needless to say various things always seemed to come up in life and I had to start liquidating! However, despite all of the selling, I have continued to add to my Willie Keeler collection. Right now, in addition to adding Keelers, I am fascinated with Cracker Jacks and will post a couple of my newest acquisitions in the June pickup post. I have been to many of the world's art museums, but still consider vintage baseball cards to be some of the most beautiful art work in the world. There ya have it! Thanks again for all the great posts!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Welcome Luke. Glad the process to register wasn't too painful. Happy collecting and see ya' round the board...

Old 06-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Luke Keeler

Thanks Leon. Great looking Keeler! One of my personal favorites along with the Ramly and the T3.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Manny
Banned

Are you his grandson?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 PM

Default Welcome

I'm biased to T206

peace

johnny
Old 06-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Welcome...I will tell you like most told me here take your time to buy nice looking cards....and enjoy the hobby!!!

Buying a few books (in my case a LOT of books) truly helps as well...find a few players you really like and pick up a few books about them. So far my favorite 2 books have been about Mickey Mantle and Hank Aaron.

Post # 1
Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 PM

Welcome! Wyoming is a great state and Wee Willie is pretty cool too. You must be related to him somehow. Tell us the story.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Luke Keeler

Thanks guys. I am a distant relative to the great Willie "hit em where they ain't" Keeler. That makes collecting them pretty special. Adrian, yep have grown up reading books about Gehrig, Aaron, Ryan, Satchell, Jackie, The Splended Splinter, and Cobb, just to name a few. Books and a trip to Cooperstown definitely helps with learning the story behind the faces on the cardboard.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Luke Keeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Welcome! Wyoming is a great state and Wee Willie is pretty cool too. You must be related to him somehow. Tell us the story.
Yep, Wyoming is pretty great Dave. Wish I had some good Wee Willie stories but unfortunately once my family homesteaded out west they lost track of a majority of the east coast roots. Seeing his HOF plaque in Cooperstown was awesome :-)
Old 06-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Rob

Default T206 Keeler SC 350 Factory 25

t206keeler079.jpgt206keelerb2082.jpg

Seems like the 350's are somewhat more difficult to find than the 150's.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:43 PM
qualitycards

Welcome aboard!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Bill Gregory

Welcome to the forum, Luke! I look forward to seeing your Keeler additions.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Eric Shaeffer

Welcome aboard Luke!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:37 AM

Welcome Luke and enjoy!

Ricky Y
Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 AM

Default Wyoming Welcome

Howdy Luke,

I'm a fellow Wyomingite - grew up in Thermopolis, went to UW in Laramie, and taught school in Guernsey. Then I left for AZ for a year, then on to Dallas for the last 16 years, where I have worked for Beckett Grading Services. What town/area are you from?

I've been trying to branch out my pre-war collection beyond Gehrig and Ruth, and an starting to gather a decent amount of T206 and other brands/sets of HOFer cards, especially Walter Johnson. I figured I needed a pitcher to collect, too, and he wasn't too shabby!

Welcome,
Mark Anderson
Old 06-13-2013, 07:15 AM

Default NM

Ha! Never mind my question - I've never once noticed that the area we are from is listed on the message, so I just saw you are from Casper. I have 3 best friends since middle school who are still my best buds (and all of them were into cards at one point). Funny enough, besides one being in Thermopolis still, the other two are moving to Casper this month. One just finished Residency here in Texas and now is a doctor at a medical clinic in Casper. The other one was just governor-appointed to District Judge in Casper this month!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Luke Keeler

a

Last edited by LKeeler; 06-13-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Luke Keeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
Welcome aboard!

Nice card Jay! I have the T3 with the Turkey Red back but I need to add the checklist back one of these days.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Luke Keeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Welcome to the forum, Luke! I look forward to seeing your Keeler additions.
Thanks Bill. I will have to start a Keeler thread with my cards and hopefully get a few board members to post theirs as well.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Luke Keeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GehrigFan View Post
Ha! Never mind my question - I've never once noticed that the area we are from is listed on the message, so I just saw you are from Casper. I have 3 best friends since middle school who are still my best buds (and all of them were into cards at one point). Funny enough, besides one being in Thermopolis still, the other two are moving to Casper this month. One just finished Residency here in Texas and now is a doctor at a medical clinic in Casper. The other one was just governor-appointed to District Judge in Casper this month!
Hi Mark. Small world! I was born in Thermop. My dad worked for the USGS in Worland through the 70s while mom was teaching at Lucerne and Thermopolis. We then moved to Newcastle. Gehrig is my all time favorite.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeeler View Post
Hi Mark. Small world! I was born in Thermop. My dad worked for the USGS in Worland through the 70s while mom was teaching at Lucerne and Thermopolis. We then moved to Newcastle. Gehrig is my all time favorite.
Wow! Very small world. I never meet people from Thermopolis, especially collectors. Yep, I went to Lucerne through grade 6. Gehrig is also my all time favorite. Hard to collect him on no budget, but I can often trade other stuff and eventually get a card or other ephemera of him every month or so.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Tony Davis

Default Lander

I was born in Lander - spent a lot of time in the Star Plunge in Thermop - good times!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:04 AM
nels0n aud.et

Welcome !!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Tim Caravella

Welcome!!! You will find a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise here... Here is my best Wee Willie!!! Enjoy!!!

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg keeler bat psa7.jpg (70.9 KB, 63 views)
Old 06-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Luke Keeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206fix View Post
I was born in Lander - spent a lot of time in the Star Plunge in Thermop - good times!
Nice! I like Lander a lot. We would always swim at the TePee, never did at the Star Plunge though.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

greetings and salutations!
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeeler View Post
Nice! I like Lander a lot. We would always swim at the TePee, never did at the Star Plunge though.
Hmmm.... Not sure that I could swim at a place called "tePee"
Old 06-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Luke Keeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Hmmm.... Not sure that I could swim at a place called "tePee"
Yeah... that is a separate story in itself!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Jeremy W.

Default My only Keeler

Welcome to the best vintage baseball site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1894 Betz Baltimore A.jpg (79.5 KB, 37 views)
Old 06-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Barry Arnold

Default newbie

welcome aboard the board!!!
all the best,
barry
Old 06-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Luke Keeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyW View Post
Welcome to the best vintage baseball site.
Wow Jeremy, that is a beauty. Haven't seen it before. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 AM

Default TeePee

Our choice was always TeePee Pools and we would buy yearly family passes. For the uninitiated, we aren't talking about regular pools. These are all pools from the world's largest mineral hot spring. So right behind the pools is a miniature version of Yellowstone. There is also a place called the Fountain of Youth as the Indians (Shoshone?) who lived there thought the mineral water was healing.

Basically, in the old days, TeePee catered to a more mature crowd who wanted to soak, while the Star Plunge had all the big slides and such to attract the kids.

Then there was one other pool that was more of a free senior citizen's very basic soaking pool. Not really comparable to the others.

If you go to this site, you will see the TeePee setup - wait for the inside pictures of the wood inside, like a lodge.

http://www.tepeepools.com/

On another note, Tim - that Willie T206 looks undergraded - is there anything on the back? The front looks better than a 7. Nice card!