NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Default You want to see some authenication >>Lookie

Posted By: Steve

ebay 5163554334
will you delete this one?

Q: If I submit the glove to PSA-DNA testing and it comes back negative, will I get a refund? I love your ad, funniest thing ever on ebay. Richard SimonAnswered on Feb-12-05
A: ABSOLUTELY. We will guarantee the glove to be HIV-. Thanks
Q: I really think you are doing yourself a disservice by not putting a high reserve on this item. Isn't this the same glove that Ruth borrowed to use as a protective cup in the May 11, 1932 Yankees game against the Colorado Rockies? If so, you may need to have the "excument" analyzed more carefully for proper provenance.Answered on Feb-12-05
A: Now that you mention it I believe you may be correct. I am offering my unused ticket from that game I attended for sale. I will provide a LOA saying the glove is "boweloptic" translation is it looks like crap.
Q: If I buy this glove, will Dave Bushing give me $100 for it and then sell it for a million bucks after he authenticates it as Jesus Christ's first mitt and then secretly sells it with his own LOA?Answered on Feb-12-05
A: I doubt he would give you a full hundred. That's not a high enough return with reselling for only a million. I will personally authenicate it for you now. "Jesus Christ, what a glove" there you go.
Q: You had me at "Slime Pattern" : )Answered on Feb-11-05
A: Not a reference study normally used by most in confirming provenance Further evidence of showing our commitment to accurate descriptions. We like to say more than just a snot in the dark.
Q: Hello. My name is Joe Phillips and we publish a newsletter and informative guides on vintage baseball gloves, bats, baseballs. I've read your description of your Lou Gherig game glove and find this will be impossible to have been his mitt. This is a left hand fit for right hand thrower mitt and it is a softball mitt of the late 1920s-1930s, not a baseball mitt because of the external padding. It does not look like the mitt in the Ken Wel signs. I've actually had my hands in a Lou Gehrig game base mitt. I do not understand much of your description regarding a white paint spot for Spalding gloves as, in the 15 years of studying vintage gloves including Spalding, I've never read nor heard of this. I hope you will receive this in the way that it's intended because it is full of misinformation. If you would like to contact me to discuss this I can do so through email. Joe Phillips The Glove CollectorAnswered on Feb-10-05
A: Thank you for your comments. If is isn't balantly obvious the glove is a parody poking a little fun at the LOA, COA, DNA, PSA, SCDA, game used, authenticated, authenicators and the hobby in general. We are offering the glove as what it is a glove of unknown origins and will notify every bidder prior to accepting any monies to explain. If fact your response here adds to the the flavor of the industry. We're not here to upset anyone just make life a bit enjoyable. If I wanted to be upset I'd ponder why two identical items can be authenicated, have values estimated and sell for tens of thousands of dollars difference depending who the owner of the piece may be. By the way so far the experts are 0-2 in who made the glove?
Q: Does this mitt also come with a LOA from your deceased grandma who said that Mr. Gehrig gave it to her while she was in the hospital with Lou Gehrig's disease? If not, why not?Answered on Feb-09-05
A: Sorry no LOA from departed grandmother but does come with LOA from old cattle rancher who states cowhide resembles hide he remembers seeing on cattle when a child back in the 1930's. Additional DNA & carbon date testing is available to the winning bidder for an additional charge of $6,715.00.
Q: What an interesting story. Great reading. All bull of course! What you are offering is a SOFTBALL glove as evidenced by the crescent roll of padding around the first base glove. It is not a Ken Wel. I am one of the fortunate few who have the zipper back. Thanks for the entertainment though! Good luck!Answered on Feb-06-05
A: I'm having a little fun with my glove.

Will you erase this one too?
Oops no fun is allowed here? A have a number of people that have been enjoying the auction.

I couldn't post the most recently Q&A's but would supplied them if there is a single deviant that would enjoy

here are others in their entirety.

Questions displayed on this listing

Q: If I submit the glove to PSA-DNA testing and it comes back negative, will I get a refund? I love your ad, funniest thing ever on ebay. Richard SimonAnswered on Feb-12-05
A: ABSOLUTELY. We will guarantee the glove to be HIV-. Thanks
Q: I really think you are doing yourself a disservice by not putting a high reserve on this item. Isn't this the same glove that Ruth borrowed to use as a protective cup in the May 11, 1932 Yankees game against the Colorado Rockies? If so, you may need to have the "excument" analyzed more carefully for proper provenance.Answered on Feb-12-05
A: Now that you mention it I believe you may be correct. I am offering my unused ticket from that game I attended for sale. I will provide a LOA saying the glove is "boweloptic" translation is it looks like crap.
Q: If I buy this glove, will Dave Bushing give me $100 for it and then sell it for a million bucks after he authenticates it as Jesus Christ's first mitt and then secretly sells it with his own LOA?Answered on Feb-12-05
A: I doubt he would give you a full hundred. That's not a high enough return with reselling for only a million. I will personally authenicate it for you now. "Jesus Christ, what a glove" there you go.
Q: You had me at "Slime Pattern" : )Answered on Feb-11-05
A: Not a reference study normally used by most in confirming provenance Further evidence of showing our commitment to accurate descriptions. We like to say more than just a snot in the dark.
Q: Hello. My name is Joe Phillips and we publish a newsletter and informative guides on vintage baseball gloves, bats, baseballs. I've read your description of your Lou Gherig game glove and find this will be impossible to have been his mitt. This is a left hand fit for right hand thrower mitt and it is a softball mitt of the late 1920s-1930s, not a baseball mitt because of the external padding. It does not look like the mitt in the Ken Wel signs. I've actually had my hands in a Lou Gehrig game base mitt. I do not understand much of your description regarding a white paint spot for Spalding gloves as, in the 15 years of studying vintage gloves including Spalding, I've never read nor heard of this. I hope you will receive this in the way that it's intended because it is full of misinformation. If you would like to contact me to discuss this I can do so through email. Joe Phillips The Glove CollectorAnswered on Feb-10-05
A: Thank you for your comments. If is isn't balantly obvious the glove is a parody poking a little fun at the LOA, COA, DNA, PSA, SCDA, game used, authenticated, authenicators and the hobby in general. We are offering the glove as what it is a glove of unknown origins and will notify every bidder prior to accepting any monies to explain. If fact your response here adds to the the flavor of the industry. We're not here to upset anyone just make life a bit enjoyable. If I wanted to be upset I'd ponder why two identical items can be authenicated, have values estimated and sell for tens of thousands of dollars difference depending who the owner of the piece may be. By the way so far the experts are 0-2 in who made the glove?
Q: Does this mitt also come with a LOA from your deceased grandma who said that Mr. Gehrig gave it to her while she was in the hospital with Lou Gehrig's disease? If not, why not?Answered on Feb-09-05
A: Sorry no LOA from departed grandmother but does come with LOA from old cattle rancher who states cowhide resembles hide he remembers seeing on cattle when a child back in the 1930's. Additional DNA & carbon date testing is available to the winning bidder for an additional charge of $6,715.00.
Q: What an interesting story. Great reading. All bull of course! What you are offering is a SOFTBALL glove as evidenced by the crescent roll of padding around the first base glove. It is not a Ken Wel. I am one of the fortunate few who have the zipper back. Thanks for the entertainment though! Good luck!Answered on Feb-06-05
A: I'm having a little fun with my glove.

too late for last Q & A's to post
Any one want to see them?

Old 02-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default You want to see some authenication >>Lookie

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Will you erase this one too?
Oops no fun is allowed here? A have a number of people that have been enjoying the auction.

Steve - maybe you could add this to one of the many authentication threads that are already here. And you forgot "God Bless" in your listing.

Bill