NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-06-2019, 09:10 AM
Brian Macdonald

Default "SGC SellerReady™ Images"

Not sure if this was already posted, but on SGC's Facebook page they have this notice:

· December 4 ·

***BIG ANNOUNCEMENT***

As we’ve been working tirelessly to meet the growing demands of our ever-expanding collector base, we’re pleased to announce that our POP REPORT IS NEARING COMPLETION and is being reviewed internally as you read this. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@sgcgrading) for upcoming announcements.

In the meantime, we’re very excited to release a GROUNDBREAKING FEATURE that will greatly improve the card grading and collecting experience--SGC SellerReady™ Images. Unlike anything done before, SGC will now be supplying collectors with high definition images of all cards submitted for grading. This is something we’ve been working on and refining for the past several months, and although there is still a long way to go, we are ecstatic with how good things are looking so far! What can you do with these images, you ask? Well the list is endless, but here are a few of the most popular ways to use them:

--Listing on selling platforms like eBay
--Sharing on social media
--Personal inventory records

If you have an account at GoSGC.com and have recently graded cards with us, you should be receiving an email shortly with instructions on how to view your SellerReady™ card images.

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SGC AND WE HOPE YOU ENJOY!

https://www.facebook.com/sgcgrading/...597156419373:0

Last edited by byrone; 12-06-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Awake?

I wasn’t sure exactly what to think of this announcement, but I was pleased that something is happening at SGC.

Anything at all, even...

This new service doesn’t do much for me, but maybe they woke up enough to realize that they are in the card business and should do something besides broadcast a “coming soon” splash screen for 12 months.

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:30 PM
je.sse @rnot

Sounds like a great idea. I know others and myself have commented that grading companies should at least keep scans of higher dollar cards to compare to those listed for sale. Even before the current scandal, to guard against fakes and cards that were cracked and replaced with lower quality or altered cards.

I would find the digital images useful when posting cards for sale here or elsewhere. And they may even help SGC identify cards that they've already graded if they come back in after being cracked out and altered. Seems like a step in the right direction.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 12-06-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Fred

If SGC is going to publish or have access to images of submitted cards, then that's a pretty good idea.

What's sad is that this is an evolution in grading that probably should have been instituted LONG ago.

IMO this is great for vintage cards but can you imagine the number of pictures of graded rookie cards they'll have to post. Card after card after card of the same thing. That would be a memory hogging nightmare to keep up with.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:26 AM

I think this is a great ideas. It gives the collecting community an archive of the cards that pass through grading, gives any seller that submits to SGC an professional, high quality scan for many purposes, and helps SGC maintain a quality control database.

Great move in a positive direction.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:52 AM

They are not publishing the image, but ONLY making them available to the original submitter of the card.

Once you sell the card on eBay or somewhere else, the new buyer has NO access to the images.

In reality, they should be attached to a Cert Number check so you can verify it’s not tampered with before you buy it.

I saw this all detailed on a Facebook conversation between an SGC rep and some collectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2019, 06:00 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmokramer View Post
They are not publishing the image, but ONLY making them available to the original submitter of the card.

Once you sell the card on eBay or somewhere else, the new buyer has NO access to the images.

In reality, they should be attached to a Cert Number check so you can verify it’s not tampered with before you buy it.

I saw this all detailed on a Facebook conversation between an SGC rep and some collectors

I did not realize that. Well it still sounds useful for a submitter. Not so much for the hobby as a whole. Another scandal involving fakes in real holders may lead to scans being published in the future, which would be a positive thing in my opinion.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:35 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Wait, SGC is still in business?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmokramer View Post

The original submitter would be able to pass them on to their buyer.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
The original submitter would be able to pass them on to their buyer.

Yes that’s correct. I can see it now in auction listings...

...for an extra $5 I’ll provide the SGCSeller Ready Images.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Bobby Binder

You should be able to get the same image on VCP after it sells
Old 12-09-2019, 10:45 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I did not realize that. Well it still sounds useful for a submitter. Not so much for the hobby as a whole. Another scandal involving fakes in real holders may lead to scans being published in the future, which would be a positive thing in my opinion.
Yeah, let's just wait for that scam to pound people in the pooper a little harder with the real fakes... I still can't look up my current fake SGC cards by their serial #'s so what good is this new scan stuff going to matter?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
Yeah, let's just wait for that scam to pound people in the pooper a little harder with the real fakes... I still can't look up my current fake SGC cards by their serial #'s so what good is this new scan stuff going to matter?
If you know they're fake, why bother looking them up?
Old 12-10-2019, 02:02 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
The images being published would be good for the hobby. Obviously another scandal wouldn't be. Sorry of that wasn't clear.