NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-14-2014, 03:58 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Default Nash

Honestly I don’t know how people take this clown seriously, I mean were talking about a guy who’s shrewd investigative reporting skills led him to use the image below of Barry when he decided to slam him for no real reason. You just can’t make stuff like this up.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Bry.an Sylv.est3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Honestly I don’t know how people take this clown seriously, I mean were talking about a guy who’s shrewd investigative reporting skills led him to use the image below of Barry when he decided to slam him for no real reason. You just can’t make stuff like this up.

Slam Barry for no real reason? You can't be serious. Halper is a fraud. He made up stories and attached them to fake crap that was sold as genuine. In comparing Nash to Halper... at least Nash is trying to make things better. Halper lived and died a fraud.

I for one support Nash. I find his stories necessary. This hobby is so full of fraud, so full of people with heads in sand pretending that this high grade card isn't doctered and that autograph isn't fake that I need to read there is someone out there who gets it. Perhaps "heads in the sand" isn't correct. Willing to look the other way in the name of collecting "stuff" or in the name of preserving the value of their "stuff" is a more accurate description.

Whatever is in Nash's past is for someone other than myself to deal with. I do wish Nash would stop inserting people into articles that don't need to be there. Some of his writings come across as that of cable news networks unnecessarily taking stabs at those than really have little to nothing to do with the story.

Keep writing Peter.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:38 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
Slam Barry for no real reason? You can't be serious. Halper is a fraud. He made up stories and attached them to fake crap that was sold as genuine. In comparing Nash to Halper... at least Nash is trying to make things better. Halper lived and died a fraud.

I for one support Nash. I find his stories necessary. This hobby is so full of fraud, so full of people with heads in sand pretending that this high grade card isn't doctered and that autograph isn't fake that I need to read there is someone out there who gets it. Perhaps "heads in the sand" isn't correct. Willing to look the other way in the name of collecting "stuff" or in the name of preserving the value of their "stuff" is a more accurate description.

Whatever is in Nash's past is for someone other than myself to deal with. I do wish Nash would stop inserting people into articles that don't need to be there. Some of his writings come across as that of cable news networks unnecessarily taking stabs at those than really have little to nothing to do with the story.

Keep writing Peter.
Ummmmm......? Literally LOL.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:

Keep writing Peter.
Bryan- that's a photo of me, Barry Sloate. It's not Barry Halper. John was referring to me.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:56 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Bryan- that's a photo of me, Barry Sloate. It's not Barry Halper. John was referring to me.
Ah, Barry....this could have been fun.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Ah, Barry....this could have been fun.
It still can be Dan.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Daryl

Quote:
Slam Barry for no real reason? You can't be serious. Halper is a fraud. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Barry who?

I dunno.

Third base!

Old 01-15-2014, 12:48 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
He made up stories and attached them to fake crap that was sold as genuine.
Geee who does that sound like?

Hmmm I think I know another guy who did the same thing....that guy is still alive and hides behind a website. Only to pop up from his hole of legal troubles point fingers at others plead the fifth tuck his tail and runaway.

Easy to drag a dead man thru the mud like Halper when you're an alive scam artist who has yet to come clean on his fraud.

Once again I will issue a public challenge to Peter Nash if Peter is willing to acknowledge and answer publicly the very well-known claims about his past and present then maybe I could take him seriously.

I guess I should expect Pete's article on his own creations and frauds any day now Bryan be sure to let me know when Peter writes that article.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 01-15-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

Hmmm I think I know another guy who did the same thing....that guy is still alive and hides behind a website. Only to pop up from his hole of legal troubles point fingers at others plead the fifth tuck his tail and runaway.

Easy to drag a dead man thru the mud like Halper when you're an alive scam artist who has yet to come clean on his fraud.

Once again I will issue a public challenge to Peter Nash if Peter is willing to acknowledge and answer publicly the very well-known claims about his past and present then maybe I could take him seriously.

I guess I should expect Pete's article on his own creations and frauds any day now Bryan be sure to let me know when Peter writes that article.
Pete Nash is one of the lowest scumbags on earth. He should be in jail for the rest of his life.....and then some.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:

That bottom pic would be perfect if you could shop in "Peter for used cars and fake trophy balls" on the sign above his head.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

--
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fox-guarding-the-hen-house-300x213.jpg (27.5 KB, 575 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Bry.an Sylv.est3r

Quote:

Sorry Barry. I missed the part where you were involved. (See my comment on him inserting people who do not belong there.) When I think Nash and Barry I think Halper. My apologies.

I am aware of Nash and his legal troubles. However I am still able to see Nash is doing some good for the hobby. Whatever his motives, I don't care.

As for Halper, his name wouldn't be drug through the mud if he was honest. And as far as I can tell Halper never came clean on his fraud either. But he's dead... so all is good, right?
Old 01-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Sorry Barry. I missed the part where you were involved. (See my comment on him inserting people who do not belong there.) When I think Nash and Barry I think Halper. My apologies.

I am aware of Nash and his legal troubles. However I am still able to see Nash is doing some good for the hobby. Whatever his motives, I don't care.

As for Halper, his name wouldn't be drug through the mud if he was honest. And as far as I can tell Halper never came clean on his fraud either. But he's dead... so all is good, right?
Who is defending Barry Halper??
Old 01-15-2014, 05:58 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Exactly Dan.

Peter likes to drag up Halper, it’s all part of his smoke screen “hey look one of the hobby’s greatest collectors had issues so it’s ok if I’m a crook.”

Not saying Halper was perfect nobody is, but it sure is easy to hurl accusations at dead people they cant fight back.