NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Default I have had it!

Posted By: Chris

Looking through reprints while trying to find vintage cards on Ebay is really starting to get to me. I waste so much time searching the fine print in the auction description to make sure that it does not state card may be a reprint. How about Ebay having a section to list reprints in? It's shady at best to state that "it doesn't say reprint anywhere". Sorry to vent but does anyone else here share my aggravation?
Regards, Chris

Old 11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Default I have had it!

Posted By: Chris Counts

That's a great idea. I curse the guys selling reprints on eBay every day. In many cases, you have to wade through a bunch of fine print to find the disclaimer, which is often cloaked in a bunch of B.S. ("I believe it's real, but I'm listing it as a reprint per eBay rules!"). It's even worse with photos, which are often labeled "vintage," but when you get to the fine print, the description says something like, "This is a professional quality reprint made from an original negative, no cheap laserprint here!," or some such nonsense ...

Old 11-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Default I have had it!

Posted By: Matt

I really wish ebay would implement the ability to block certain sellers from your browsing/search results.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Default I have had it!

Posted By: Chris D

I have the same problem when I search under the vintage photo category. Half the photos or more are of current players or vintage reprints. It is always the same sellers.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Default I have had it!

Posted By: Brett

im getting sick and tired of seeing t206 Wagner reprints on ebay. theres pages and pages of them and nobody wants the damn things. the sellers also try to sell them for $5-$10 sometimes too which is just stupid...

Old 11-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Default I have had it!

Posted By: Robert {Bigb13}

I think most of us have had it with ebay, but until someone starts up another auction site we are stuck with this crappy ebay. PS Yahoo does not have much for us. Rob

Old 11-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Default I have had it!

Posted By: Jim VB

Not pre-war, but one of my favorites.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120178018479

"Not a Reprint" in the headline.

"This is a reprint" in the copy.

His buyers feedback shows the last item he bought (10/22) was this card, sold as a reprint.

Sorry, if I offended anyone by outing this auction.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Default I have had it!

Posted By: T206Collector

...to fashion searches to avoid some of the spam.

For example, try searching: "(t206,t-206,t 206) -(wagner,topps)" and you will get rid of all of the fake wagners and 2002 topps issues. Yes, it's true that you won't get any real wagner's in your search. But then again real Wagners on ebay are a bit out of your price range (and if they aren't, then you ought to be buying one somewhere else).

Old 11-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default I have had it!

Posted By: anthony

you mean all those honus wagner cards are worthless??? sh*t!!! i've been stocking up...