NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Default Simple lesson for truncating ebay LINK

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

Is there anything more aggravating than when someone "cuts & pastes" the entire ebay LINK of a given lot they are interested in posting.
And, therefore stretching out all the subsequent posts in that Thread to a tedious length.

For those who need to know how to abbreviate it.....you simply look for the end of the lot number and do a highlight sweep from that end
digit leftward to the "http" lettering.

The resulting abbreviated LINK is all anyone needs to click on to....to retrieve the ebay lot of interest.

Here is an example.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-T206-GEORGE-BELL-BROOKLYN-SOVEREIGN_W0QQitemZ140167964151

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< DO A BLUE HIGHLIGHT AND SWEEP LEFTWARD FROM HERE....^

TED Z

Old 11-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

"Is there anything more aggravating than..."

You live a blessed life if this is even in the top 10 of the most aggravating things you can think of.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tiny Earl

www.tinyurl.com

Edited to say that ending sentences with prepositions is really aggravating.
(Easy, Matt. Just kidding, kind of).

Old 11-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Andrea

Ted -
I think you were referring to me in the "CLOSED AUCTION, NEED SOME SHARP EYES!!!" POST
Easy big fella. I fixed it. Carry on!!!!!!

Tony

Old 11-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

I see this complaint now and then, but don't really know how many have this problem. On my screen any URL automatically word-wraps within the Net54 post, so my screen doesn't extend to the right when there is a long URL.

Anyone know if there are settings for your Net54 pages or within your computer or display controls that cause the word-wrap instead of the screen extend? I suspect that the reason more people post long links is because they don't get the screen extend so it's not something at the front of the mind.

Cool trick on the link-shorting Ted. I'll try to keep it in mind if I post ebay links.

J

Old 11-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

good info, thanks Ted!

martyOgelvie
nyyankeecards.com

Old 11-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

No, I wasn't trying to single out anyone on this board. Stretching out posts due to excessively lengthy LINKS, has been a complaint
I have heard before on here.
And, all I was suggesting is that it can be avoided by "cut and pasting" just the useful information from the these lengthy ebay URL's.
The lenghty string of characters that follow the EBAY LOT NUMBER on these URL's are meaningless for our purposes in retrieving a
particular ebay lot.

That's all I was trying to convey to Net54ers....any other interpretation of this post is really unnecessary.

TED Z

Old 11-02-2007, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Ted,

Thank you. Learn something new every day.

Tiny Earl,

I had an English teacher that used to say "A preposition is a bad word to end a sentence with!"