NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Magee label

Posted By: Dylan

I recently saw this card for sale and the PSA label shows his uncorrected name on his corrected card. Is this a mistake, or something they do with all their Magee T206, if so i dont understand why!

Old 11-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Magee label

Posted By: leon

But you need to slow down a little.....Read the board a while and learn what's going on...chime in when you want to but please take it easy. A million novice questions are ok but if you just read a little, and do some searches you will find the answers. If you don't find the answers then ask questions. This label error is not that uncommon and many like it have been talked about before...Do some searches at the top of the front page....thanks

edited typo's

Old 11-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Magee label

Posted By: Cobby33

The grading companies are very inconsistent when it comes to labeling these. This is where the mantra, "buy the card, not the holder" comes in handy (assuming of course it's authentic)!

Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Magee label

Posted By: davidcycleback

The label is an error. There's no reason 'Magie' should appear on the label. I've never seen PSA text like that, so it likely was a computer/typing mix up.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Magee label

Posted By: Anonymous

perhaps i asked a question that has been asked before but your search engine doesnt narrow questions down to specifics(im sure someone will argue with this). I do use it, but often times i search through dozens of posts that arent related to what im trying to find. I dont think ive been posting bad O/T or useless questions(we are talking about baseball cards here anyways). So i make a few posts a day, its not like this board is so busy that it overloads ones ability to read through a days posts. I shouldnt have posted the question about the Magee card in hindsight, but i havent asked any rhetorical questions here. I only want to further my knowledge, and I do read a lot off sight to find information where i could have just posted a question instead...

Old 11-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Magee label

Posted By: Cobby33

No worries here.
Finding the correct keywords to do a search is a learned skill. I do it all the time at work, so I'm usually able to narrow a search down pretty quickly. I was able to find previous threads on this subject rather quickly-so it's probably worth being creative with your search words.
Have fun!

Old 11-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Magee label

Posted By: davidcycleback

Your original post was fine, Dylan.

PSA makes labelling mistakes, so it pays to look at the card.