NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Default beware if your bidding on these~

Posted By: BcDaniels

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130036191229&sspagename=ADME:B:RTQ:US:1

you cant see the folds but apparently a lot of them have been.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

You're right, and not just folds. He's got a very nice selection, and they look nice in the scans. Mostly they lack the dings and small rips along the edges, so the scans look better than what often shows up on ebay. You have to really study the backs though for light folds or creases, and the occasional light stain. Still, I've placed some bids, and he says he'll answer all questions, so we'll see.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Even in poor condition, those photos are easy on the eyes.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Good call Brian. Ive been tracking most of these - as stated above, you really need to examine the back to see if there are any folds etc.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcDaniels

you cant see from the scans. he got pissy when I told him he would be having people ask for refunds!

Old 10-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

I can't say that I was shocked at the ending prices on most of these, but they all went for about twice as much as I expected. The auctions received a lot of attention probably because the seller offered the entire set. During the spring/summer of 2005 I picked up several examples on eBay including the Johnson/Street ($135 in Ex condition) and a Smokey Joe Wood with an ad back for $50. At the time I thought that I had overpaid for the Johnson/Street. This issue has always been one of my personal favorites as many of them include period ballpark backgrounds.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Although many of the Sporting News Supplements offered on ebay were in better condition then most M101-2s, I was still taken back a bit on the high prices considering there were also several other sellers that were also selling M101-2s.

Patrick

Old 10-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: martindl

Good to see this issue starting to get its due. There were still a few bargins to be had in this batch.

The Griffith pose is one for the ages. Its like a fog rolled in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130036191579

Old 10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

I picked up the Mullen, was outbid on the Crawford and did not want to go over $500.00 for the Cobb.

Joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Old 11-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

Did anyone on the board win any of these? Just wondering if everyone was satisfied. If anyone won the Cobb how does it look in person? The Mullen is nice.

Thanks joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DMcD

I bid on 6 or 7 of them but was skunked on all but one. Somebody with eBay handle "thomassales" won about 80% of them. I won the Merkle. Had to bid high to outdo ol' Thomas. It arrived yesterday and it is damn nice. Had some friendly email back-and-forth with the seller, too. Commended him on the interesting bios and anecdotes he had for each of the players.

Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.