NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Bill Boyd

Default 2nd Kreindler event, raffle, TODAY!

Game#1: NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE GAME.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH
1pm EST
TAMPA BAY vs WASHINGTON

Search All NYTimes.com
New York Times
Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pro Football
World
U.S.
N.Y. / Region
Business
Technology
Science
Health
Sports Baseball
Pro Football
College Football
Pro Basketball
College Basketball
Hockey
Soccer
Golf
Tennis
Global Sports

Scoreboard | Stats | Standings | Teams | Players | Player News | Injuries | Transactions

Final 1 2 3 4 Tot
Tampa Bay 10 3 7 7 27
Washington 0 7 0 0 7

1:00 PM ET, November 16, 2014
FedEx Field, Landover, Maryland Weather: 45°, Cloudy Attendance: 77,442

WINNING NUMBER 442 TBREW20 THE WINNER

We will use the above games, in order, Game 1, through Game 3, to determine a winner. The first game is our primary game to determine the winner of the Graig Kreindler Painting. We will be using the last three numbers of the attendance figure, as posted in the NY times, box score, for Game #1, which will give us the winning number. Any other figure from any other news or sports media, will not be valid.

If the winning three digit number from game one falls onto one of the voided numbers and thus not providing a winning number, then and only then will game two become our new primary game to determine the winner, using Game 2's attendance figures, also from the New York Times box score of game 2.

Same rules apply for game two as was for game one.

If game 2 also falls on a voided number, game 3 will then and only then, become the new primary game to determine the winner. All rules apply to game three as did for game one and two.

Again it has been our pleasure to be able to accomplish this event. Now, you can start thumbing through those photos, scanning hundreds of online images, and pick a favorite

Good luck to EVERYBODY.

Graig,, Lance,, Bill

Last edited by billyb; 11-24-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

I just wanted to thank all of you good people for making this raffle a reality. It really meant a lot to me that you guys were passionate enough about my artwork to even want to be involved, but that towards the end, you gave the event such a big push. It says a lot about all of you and how you feel about what I do. I really couldn't feel more blessed for that. Thank you.

Now that the raffle has moved onto the next phase, I'm super stoked to be able to offer a larger painting than the last one. Certainly, a 16" x 20" is a GREAT size to work on. But the possibilities of a 20" x 28" surface (or thereabouts) are even more exciting. I feel like John picked a real winner with that Hank Aaron image so many months back, so I hope that some of you fellas already have some great ideas to try and match its quality.

In the end, it makes me so happy that I'm able to give you guys the opportunity to own something that you'll (hopefully) cherish. I know it might sound trite at this point because I say it often, but the sentiment is still genuine: Know that it's really because of you all that everyday I'm able to do something that I love. I couldn't be more grateful.

And once again, I have to thank Bill and Lance for their efforts in putting this thing together and steering the good ship, and also Leon (Hi Leon!) for allowing such silliness to occur on the message boards for the past few weeks. Well, silliness in regards to the raffle, that is.

If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to PM either myself, Lance or Bill, or just post 'em here on the thread. Heck, even if you have any thoughts on images that you want to post to see if they would work well as your choice, feel free to.

Hopefully we'll have a winner by Sunday night!

Thanks again, everybody.

Graig
Old 11-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Bill Boyd

Just curious, how many of you, if you win, will be going pre WWII, or after WWII. And if you don't mind sharing, who would you go with?

Me, probably pre WW!!, and if I can find the one I like, me being a Tiger fan, Greenberg and Gehringer together. I also seen one with Greenberg and Ruth, still have to decide which one.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Just curious, how many of you, if you win, will be going pre WWII, or after WWII. And if you don't mind sharing, who would you go with?

Me, probably pre WW!!, and if I can find the one I like, me being a Tiger fan, Greenberg and Gehringer together. I also seen one with Greenberg and Ruth, still have to decide which one.
Bill,
Since you are a Greenberg fan, here is a photo of my father as a child with Hank Greenberg and Nick Altrock at Briggs Stadium circa 1938. Enjoy!

My choice for this painting would be post-WWII and it would be Nolan Ryan.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:09 AM
P.hil €lli$

Default Speaker ?

I talked to Graig 2 years ago about possibly doing a Tris Speaker painting for me. I had the funds set aside, but life happens and I had to use them for something else. Graig was kind enough to email me some photos of Speaker that he thought would work great.

Being a Boston fan, I was looking for an image of Speaker where you can clearly see the word "Boston" on the front of his uniform.

My favorite player growing up was Carl Yastrzemski, but I don't think I would do a painting of him. I also thought about a painting of Babe Ruth while he was with Boston, but that has been done a hundred times.

I think the greatest thing about Graig's work is how he takes a black and white photograph and brings it to life in full color. It is amazing. Therefore, I don't think I would do a post WWII photo, since you already know the coloring of the image.

This is the one I think I would choose if I am lucky enough to win.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speaker.jpg (10.7 KB, 236 views)
Old 11-15-2014, 09:27 AM

It's worth the price of admission just to sit for a few days and think what player/image you'd pick if you end up winning. Right now I'm thinking maybe.. Hack Wilson, Kennessaw Mountain Landis, Connie Mack, or Al Kaline.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:33 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

For me, it's no surprise. Gehrig, Gehrig, and more Gehrig.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 11-14-2014, 04:44 PM

I'm guessing attendance at the Tampa - Washington game will be 00,000 -- who wants to see those teams play?!

Greg
Old 11-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Bill Boyd

Greg,

I know, we are hoping it does not sell out. We tried to pick teams with the lowest attendance averages. Sell outs would be too consistent of numbers for each home game. Washington has the second worst percentage in the league. Plus, didn't think too many fans would travel from Tampa to Washington for the game.
That way, no telling what numbers will come out. Would be more then 0000 though, a few of the players mothers will show.

Bill
Old 11-14-2014, 05:49 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Would be more then 0000 though, a few of the players mothers will show.

Bill
Good one Bill
Old 11-14-2014, 06:19 PM

Totally forgot about the mothers Bill!

Greg
Old 11-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Danny Smith

But the Redskins have sold out every game since the sixties and have a thirty year wait list for season tickets?! Strange considering I sold my $100 face season tickets 20 rows off the field for $30 bucks each.

Thanks Dan Snyder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
I'm guessing attendance at the Tampa - Washington game will be 00,000 -- who wants to see those teams play?!

Greg
Old 11-14-2014, 06:27 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Hey. I hope only the mothers show. If all 22 moms come, that's my number! WooHoo.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL