NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Another Ebay Scammer!

At first glance these look really good! Even his description:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-NBA-FI...AAAOSw3YJZPut0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-NBA-FI...0AAOSwXXxZPuSm

"-Went To This Game With Father And Brother- AHHH The Memories
-Have Kept Them In Great Shape Since "

I actually sent offers on both before realizing that The last game of the finals at the bulls was game K- games L and M were never played!!

Is this reportable? If so, where and how?

Last edited by hcv123; 01-22-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:12 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I don't mean to laugh, but sometimes these scammers stories are funny. You should email him and ask him what was his favorite memory of the game.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:13 AM
Russ

I could be wrong...........but just because the games were never played doesn't mean the tickets are not real.

I mean, tickets were printed to all 7 games of the Finals. So if the series ended after game 5 there are still tix for game 6 and 7 out there. They are just tickets to a game that never existed.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:00 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerin'Hank View Post
I could be wrong...........but just because the games were never played doesn't mean the tickets are not real.

I mean, tickets were printed to all 7 games of the Finals. So if the series ended after game 5 there are still tix for game 6 and 7 out there. They are just tickets to a game that never existed.
I believe you are correct and didn't say otherwise in my original post. If the seller was selling them as "real tickets" for games that were never played, I would have nothing to post about! HE SAID HE WENT TO THE GAME and implied Jordan played in it!! A game that was never played?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I don't mean to laugh, but sometimes these scammers stories are funny. You should email him and ask him what was his favorite memory of the game.
Totally doing that!! I'll be back with response.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
At first glance these look really good! Even his description:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-NBA-FI...AAAOSw3YJZPut0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-NBA-FI...0AAOSwXXxZPuSm

I actually sent offers on both before realizing that The last game of the finals at the bulls was game K- games L and M were never played!!

Is this reportable? If so, where and how?

ahh the memories.....LOL
Old 01-24-2018, 07:47 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
I believe you are correct and didn't say otherwise in my original post. If the seller was selling them as "real tickets" for games that were never played, I would have nothing to post about! HE SAID HE WENT TO THE GAME and implied Jordan played in it!! A game that was never played?

Totally doing that!! I'll be back with response.

I could be totally wrong, but is there a chance he's not a collector, and went to the games with his father, and has no idea that these games weren't played, as he just remembers going and watching as he was young. Maybe he had these left over from games not played and thinks these are the tickets he used?

I don't know I didn't look into it at all, but could it be a option or is this seller a total liar with bad feedback etc.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:19 PM
Howard Chasser

Default possible??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
I could be totally wrong, but is there a chance he's not a collector, and went to the games with his father, and has no idea that these games weren't played, as he just remembers going and watching as he was young. Maybe he had these left over from games not played and thinks these are the tickets he used?

I don't know I didn't look into it at all, but could it be a option or is this seller a total liar with bad feedback etc.

Suppose its possible - Here's his response. At the very least - highly irresponsible. I'll try letting him know and see how he responds.

"Hi
Thanks for the message
I was so spoiled with bulls playoff and finals games.
Unfortunately the only thing I really remember about that entire series is the looting I witnessed after game 6 !��
And mj clutching the ball on breaking down crying on Father’s Day!
-Mark"

Last edited by hcv123; 01-24-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:13 AM
bobby

Default Yankees tickets

I have not looked at this listing, and have learned my lesson buying items that are misrepresented on ebay?. but there can be a deal in these items if you like these things?. I have collected similar tickets over the years. I have a Yankees sheet of 5 World Series tickets that I believe season ticket holders got when they thought the yankees would make it to the W.S. but didn't.
they look cool framed.